No rush..... BUT HURRY UP

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kravin, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Kravin Journeyman

Come on DB, what is taking so long on this? Why didn't you check and see if it was going scr*w everybody over that has old systems and DONT WANT TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON WIDOWS 7. I have been paying for this game now I can't play because of a patch.
    Suifeng and Runzen like this.
  2. Runzen Elder

many people that i normally play with use xp still this is insane ... you're quite literally driving off the people who are paying for the game ... please get this fixed
    Suifeng and Kravin like this.
  3. Samatman Augur

What's really shocking is they sunsetted 2 operating systems without even a tweet. You have to have a lot of idiocy/machismo to pull that one off. Also: in before the odd silly people that want to remind you some company no longer provides security updates for older systems.
    SevrinSevendust and Kravin like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

doood likes this.
  5. Lasii-Rathe New Member

Well since most already ran the updater, they will need a legacy patcher. And would have to update from website, because launcher will not work for them now.
  6. hammer66 New Member

ok guys it seems offical , i got a reply that windows xp is no longer a supported system the line we are going to fix it aint gonna happen they said there is a get around to temporary get you into game but having a years subs running its only right if you aint gonna upgrade to higher operating system remember to cancle your subs if you only got xp to run the game good luck guys 10 year player no more all acess accounts for me they can get their money elsewhere......snifff
  7. hammer66 New Member

funny thing is about not being able to play anymore on xp is they actually made my mind up to cancel the 6 all access accounts i had . i loose a game they loose all access money...ah sry no i can still play silver and they get zero money.. a big thanks for helping me paying you to play lmao
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well on the bright side with all that money you save you can now afford to upgrade your OS.

It is unfortunate that for the last year and half to two years that Daybreak has only commited to ensuring EQ works for Windows 7 and up but it has finally caught up to XP users. And I would have been in the same boat if I hadn't upgraded my oldest computer to windows 10 around that time.

I have found that windows 10 is not the resource hog that windows 8 was (for me at least) and you can't expect an operating system to be supported forever by anyone. Even bank's whose bank machines were still using XP had to pay through the nose for continued support.

I think it is fair enough that you decide to drop EQ as opposed to upgrading that is your choice it is your computer. But it is unfair to blame Daybreak for this. The minimum system specs they support were changed well over a year ago from the post I found.

Changing the min specs also lets them upgrade and improve eq AND continue supporting it longer.

For those of you out there running XP who want to upgrade it if you have any questions on how to go about it feel free to ask. The big downside is you have to do a new install you can't upgrade in place. That is the price of not upgrading in a long time. On the plus side if you do install windows 10 it may be that you will never have to upgrade again as they will just keep modifying windows 10 http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/what-comes-next-after-windows-10-1299629

I took the easy route and when I upgraded the last machine I had still running XP I bought a new hard drive and installed it there. I still had to reinstall a lot of stuff but EQ I just had to make a new shortcut and it was good to go. I was able to run my old old old word processor and spreadsheet on that machine fine. Backwards compatibility is pretty good.
  9. Aghinem Augur

With the money you are saving, I'd suggest you take some Engrish classes.
    Zirquel likes this.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

Chuckle, if you can play silver, then you can play gold, so obviously an empty threat. I am extremely shocked it came from a forum account that was created today.
  11. smash Augur

Yeah. Seems an empty post from hammer66
  12. Bigfan Augur

13. Drcoracle Journeyman

Hey! No knock newly created forum accounts.. You KNOW how long I have been playing. These boards never really interested me. Now go back to the SoE boards to the guild wars over Ragefire for the cleric epic............... How are ya Ghub
    Ghubuk likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I wouldn't mind if they actually upgraded EQ, but it EQ itself hasn't been changed, just the patcher.

Thankfully by passing the launchpad worked for me, so I can continue to box using my old machine, which would get too bogged down running anything newer than EXP, but plays EQ with less issues than my newer machine running win 7 and it zones faster!
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

EverQuest still gets updated. XP has been end of life for 2 years.
  16. madmonk New Member

So using Vista, bypassing the launchpad only works till the next patch. Correct?
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

EXP? Is that the Extended XP operating system Yinla? :)
  18. madmonk New Member

Not that it matters for me. Before i realized what the problem was, I uninstalled EQ meaning to reinstall. I am no computer expert. No I can no longer reinstall the game as far as I understand.If there is any way around this, I would appreciate hearing it
  19. SevrinSevendust Elder

20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That depends on the patch, and what components of the client they are changing. However I wouldn't count on launchpad-bypassing for long...
    I don't think the EQ1 dev team did anything on purpose that broke winxp/vista compatibilty(the launcher is handled by a different team). I doubt they do any kind of compatibility testing with winxp/vista though, so its probably just pure luck EQ1 itself still works on winxp/vista...
    Techsupport will probably ignore everything regarding winxp/vista problems, so its up to the community to solve the future compatibility issues.