No level loss Perk needs tweaking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Zrender Augur

Is it not a different thing when you can die 100 times with no penalty? Hmm...
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't see how it is exploiting in the first place, and it will only matter for a few select raids that are beat for an achievement. Once the level cap increases more this won't be an issue for anyone.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Loosing your level is not the only penalty for dying players are a lot less effective when they come back after returning to bind.
  4. Runes Augur

Ya big deal they made spells land a little easier you can do the same with melee without the spells.
    The fact does not change that now having no death penalty and just zerging bosses is a take away except for the small population of RMT and other Krono lords that like this easy button winning by just tossing bodies over and over at any content now without and negative outcomes. Its not a matter of trying to beat the bosses now with thought, it will be just throw bodies over and over for most of the fights.
    Zrender likes this.
  5. Runes Augur

In every one of my posts, I literally have said I dont want the perk gone just tweaked. For example for $3, instead of never losing the level I would rather see you only lose half the xp that you normally would.

That would still be an amazing perk and you would feel some pain with deaths.
    Zrender likes this.
  6. Zrender Augur

I'd probably buy that one.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would make the perk worthless as people already lose very little xp from a death after you factor in rez. Very few people would consider less xp loss on death worth paying for at all and a worthless perk opverall.

Sure the perk is newer and we don't have a lot of history with it but from what I can tell the only server it seems to have any real impact on is the new level locked server that is designed to kill content at a lower level then normal. I still fail to see any reason that anything about it needs to change and there is nothing wrong with not losing your level after a death. From what I understand EQ is one of the few games that you can actually lose your level as a death penalty which can also mean not being able to use aa/spells/items that you had been using before. Personally I think that level loss shouldn't be a thing in EQ and the fact that most other games have other types of death penalties suggests that level loss isn't popular.
    Appren likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is not just that spells land easier but level caps for what a spell land on have been increased and the level restrictions on gear has been lowered as well.
  9. Runes Augur

No it would not because not everyone is running around with a box crew of 6 toons that has clerics in them. Some people actually only run with single toons or groups that use druids and shamans and dont have big rezzes that would buy a half exp loss perk in a heartbeat.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

If you want DT to be scary all they need to do is make it so you don't spawn with gear upon death. Corpse rots with your gear, tough. You had full raid gear and the corpse rotted away, tough.

It would be hard to do this approach if you had to loot your corpse and get back into the fight like so.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what you are getting at but even if they are not running around with a box crew doesn't mean that they don't have access to rez. And even for those that don't have access to a cleric that only matters until a TLP server unlocks mercs at which point everyone has access to rez. There is no need to nerf the perk for a small period of time in EQ's history.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not really, people did bind rushing on raids like that in the past when they had to loot their gear as well as lose xp. It will just slow down how them getting back into the fight a little bit but no major impact on the results overall.
  13. Midnitewolf Augur

As someone pointed out. Clerics get a 96% rez at some point which if I have to be honest, pretty much removed any fear of losing any amount of XP from anyone, whether your on a raid or not. Also, while I haven't really played much past PoP on any TLP, doesn't the guild hall eventually have a Rez NPC that does the same thing as a Cleric?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The guild hall does not have a rez npc but when mercs are released anyone can pop a healer merc for a rez. As a side note you don't lose a lot of xp even with a 90% rez that druids/shaman will get before they also get a 96% rez.
  15. Midnitewolf Augur

Yeah either way, at the point where you are at a level to be raiding, the potential XP loss form a death kind of becomes a mute point. Even with a 90% rez and losing 10% of the XP you would have normally lost, is pretty trivial to recover. I mean lets say you were to lose, I don't know 20% of your XP at your currently level, with a 90% rez, that goes down to 2%. How long does it really take to gain back 2% of a level? I mean even if you lose a level your still just looking at a short time before you get it back as long as you have access to a rez.

Also when we discuss zerk tactics, they can still be applied. I mean sure, the first round the zerg hits the Boss at level 60 and they all briefly lose their level and are now 98% in 59 instead of at 60, they are still going to be probably 95% as effective as they were when they zerged at 60. Eventually the boss mob is going to go down and eventually with 90% and 96% rez'es available, even after a few deaths, they would probably still find they would be 95% into level 59 requiring maybe 20 mins of grinding to get back their level. The biggest penalty is time, time waiting to get rez'ed and time to get back that 5% total XP you lost but neither is particularly devastating and most people would consider it an annoyance at best.
  16. Kujoe Lorekeeper

Bruh, the negative side effect of DT is not the exp lose but that death was brought upon a member of your raiding party. Losing exp, and if you don't have a buffer your level, is a personal problem not an intention of the raid script. The boss killing your tank, causing agro to swap is the raid mechanic.

Perk or not, someone is dying, what happens to their exp bar is inconsequential.
    Appren, Waring_McMarrin and code-zero like this.
  17. Shakara Augur

No delete Overseer
  18. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

The perk is lame. Exploiting the lame perk is lame.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is exploiting it as zerg bing rushing that you are seeing is not an exploit and it is still better to keep the players alive then have them chain die and run back.
  20. Tucoh Augur

That would also improve the game.