No level loss Perk needs tweaking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Runes Augur

What exactly is the special ruleset? they just have a level cap which can be done on every server from the moment the perk was introduced it was nothing special about the server.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying get rid of the perk. I am just saying it was a start and now just needs to be tweaked and managed better and if I am being honest, for its value its way too low. Paying $3.00 a month to never have to deal with death is a bargain even if it degrades the game more
  2. code-zero Augur

Actually you are saying exactly to get rid of the perk because you saw someone having fun the wrong way
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

DBG is finally getting people to buy these dumb perks and now you want to take it away????

But seriously, delete the perks, they don't improve the game.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I still fail to see what the problem is as it takes 11 deaths without a rez or at least 100 once they get 96% rezes. What exactly is the problem with people not deleving on a raid and it isn't just bind rushing that allowed a group of level 40's to kill the avatar of war.

Lets be honest you are not going to be seeing many people losing levels on raids and even then it isn't much of a setback until you start seeing required levels on gear.
  5. Zansobar Augur

Vaniki is NOT just a level locked server ruleset. The devs made a host of other changes to make the game easier exactly so level 40s could kill high level raid bosses. You should read up on it.
  6. sieger Augur

I pay for mine an entire year in advance. They would have to refund me and everyone like me an entire year--which isn't going to happen. This thread is a very bad take on a non-issue. The AoW kill was intended to be cheesed--you don't make a level 40 cap server with Gates of Discord open and expect content is going to be killed by 10 Clerics in a CH chain, 35 DPS, and a bunch of Warriors (who can't even use defensive because they are level 40.) The server was literally intended to find cheese strats, get over it, and get over yourselves.

As for the "this now allows someone to chain taunt DTs and take 0% rezzes", seriously--log in, delete your character. That has been a standard DT strat on every TLP I've done. For literally 10 years we've been letting Rangers and Paladins grab aggro to eat the DT on classic DT mobs and give them 0% rezzes--they just grind the xp back when they aren't raiding. This is literally nothing new whatsoever. No one was meaningfully worried about the XP loss if they were a serious player, casual players don't matter.
    Iyacc, code-zero and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well various crowd control spells having their level caps raised to wok on higher levels such as charm, stun, and mez, equipment changed so required level is acting like recommended level and zones have a lower level required to enter. The entire purpose of the level locked server is to have players beat targets at lower levels then they normally would.

You still have to deal with death just not with losing your level through combat means and it is still possible to lose your level through other means.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Some would disagree with you as they find the perks to be useful.
  9. Lawyer Augur

Does this make sacrificing for Essence Emeralds a profitable business now?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is one of the methods that will still cause players to lose levels and I don't think it will have a major impact on essence emeralds.
  11. Zrender Augur

You can't argue with the pay-to-win lovers
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless you are taking a lot of deaths every time you raid deleveling is not a problem for most people. Heck on live raids when people are learning they die many more times then people do on these old classic raids. Not to mention the complaints are about a server that was designed for people do do raids at a lower level.
  13. Zrender Augur

Actually, it was designed to be challenging. So much for that I guess if you can endlessly throw people at mobs.
    I actually would like to see the next level locked server have zero changes to make things easier. Very interesting to see what people can do without the lower resist stuff.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And not losing your level doesn't take away the challenge, regardless of the perk the fact that someone managed to take the avatar of war down at level 40 is impressive.
  15. Zrender Augur

I predict this perk and completely unprepared ungeared guilds killing raid mobs they shouldn't be able to even look at let alone kill is going to become completely commonplace and negate any cred given to killing a difficult boss. We'll see. I don't hate the perk I just dislike it in this context.
  16. sieger Augur

This poor quality post might make sense if a significant number of raid bosses could be fought on a raid bind point--most cannot, most raid zones don't let everyone bind in them, some allow casters only, many allow no binding at all. Additionally the achievements on this server are tied to doing content inside of DZs where you can't bind at all. And finally--the perk doesn't "allow" bind rushing. Bind rushing has existed for 23 years. Players could and have done bind rushes without any perks.
  17. Zrender Augur

Not sure if I'm being grammar, punctuation or content policed for my thought stream there there but ok. The strategy will be evolved of course. How long does it take to get from an AoC to the boss? That's and that the rotation can keep at least some on boss at all times. I think that's what it'll come down to. Like I said, we'll see.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the players can keep a fight going even with that many deaths why can't they have the win? It isn't that easy to keep it going and later on it becomes impossible as events start to enrage and become impossible after they go on long enough.
  19. Zrender Augur

So, you don't believe this strategy will be evolved and further exploited?
  20. sieger Augur

Bind rushing? Are you literally crying about a 23 year old strategy?