no exp from kills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zinth, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Zinth Augur

just killed a couple mobs while in raid, didn't get any exp message, only 2 ppl touched the mob, both next to the mob and no loot popup either...
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Experience while in a raid is pretty poor. This is not the intended method to gain experience.
  3. Zinth Augur

it should show the "exp message" on kills + pop up loot drops
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, you'd have to be a hell of a lot more specific to say that is true. First, there is no guarantee any given mob will drop anything . . . so not seeing the loot window pop-up is not uncommon. As far as the experience message . . . if the mob was a grey con, you won't get any. Given the limited information in your posts, there is no reason to assume anything is wrong here.
  5. Horyuken Augur

6. Zinth Augur

well it's in FM, they are NOT grey and they have so much trash loot so after the mobs we killed something should have dropped + we should 100% sure have gotten exp...

this bug seems to happen to ppl NOT in grps but IN raid.
  7. svann Augur

They did make some changes to chat filters. IDK maybe experience message got moved?
  8. Bigstomp Augur

For the few kills I did, everything looked sane with the xp and faction hit messages.
    I don't know if I actually gained any though.
  9. Nekk Augur

Either u needed to relog the toon in question or you were experiencing a ui bug. Happens even on the default ui. Keep killing for like 30 mins and you'll eventually notice it move if you keep killing mobs at a decent pace.