Next round of TLP suggestion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by likestobox, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Ythera Augur

Well, me and my friends would group up with 12-18 people and have fun smashing raids. So, I would presume the other people who want to do small raids and not raid with 54-72 people would also fall into this demographic.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So basically your demographic is personal-server sized, that's just not enough to get a TLP, you are right there underneath the PvP players in terms of chances of getting your own server - which works out to less than zero in my estimation.

TLP Server ideas need far broader appeal than what you are aiming for which is very highly customised to a very niche-subset of niche-game players.

Aim for a population somewhere around 4000 to start with & sustain around 1000 & you might be onto something.
  3. Ythera Augur

Skuz, this thread is about discussing ideas for TLPs, not for you gatekeeping everything people come up with because it doesn't match your own ideas of what you think everyone wants. It'd be very beneficial if you'd just sit back and let people post their ideas without having to poo poo everything.
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. Arclyte Augur

Your ideas suck. Might as well stick a GameGenie into your motherboard and give yourself infinite plat and invincibility while you're at it.
    straynge and Zinth like this.
  5. Ythera Augur

Skuz, I know it's just you on your box account. Give it up.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Discussion is more than just enthusiastic agreement. If you're going to make an idea for a ruleset you need to be prepared for people to point out why its not a good idea.
    Skuz and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  7. StarLord69 New Member

If you read these forums enough you'll find there are folks who think every single TLP server should be hand tailored to their unique desires. For instance, EQ posters who are privy exclusively to True Box will get triggered if two servers are released simultaneously, with one being true box, and the other for boxers. Despite these people having their own server to play on, if the other server does not comply with their wants they will attack it, demean it, and argue that it was a mistake. Very strange phenomenon.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  8. Hdizzle Augur

thoughts from a guy:

I haven't raid time, in 3 years?. If I bought a toon on mischief tomorrow and raided time later that day, people would have to refresh me on a handful of things because its kinda new and I dont remember stuff gud.

Maybe the devs should really consider not making a freshy every dang single year. I know people love it but its like a show on repeat.

New TLP
    100's of threads about RMT
    Some niche gameplay issue that affects <10% of the total game.
    Hey its spring, lets make a new TLP.
    I want one with no boxing and RMT!

Change it up, give it a different start point. There's so much content people have no idea about and will never see. Imagine how popular a freshy TLP would be if this year we get two odd ball ones that don't start at lvl 1?
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

A TSS start WITH AoC this time (should since every server has them now?) or the Level Locked Progression (LLP) where expansions are unlocked based on the level cap or the variant where everything is open and only the level is capped are about the only new ideas I've seen presented in years here that don't sound like they'd be some niche dead on arrival wannabe.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Hdizzle Augur

Well part of the intent is to drive demand on a freshy server. It would be underwhelming in popularity if its not a phinny clone (or maybe even a free trade phinny clone). But maybe the next year that classic server drives even more money and popularity?

I don't know how many new ways they can skin the cat so to speak, and we all love this game right?

I just don't know how to make killing Trak for instance more interesting Lol Should he tap dance when he ae's? sing a funny song? Drop loot from other dragons? There's only so much they can do to the content through changing the rules of the server or altering stats/resists etc.

IDK i'm glad i'm not on this treadmill. They made me Riz and they make new expansions for live so i'm a happy customer /shrug.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

If they can shuffle loot buckets maybe there is a potential to shuffle "memmed spells", is Trak going to fear? is he going to have a lifetap cone? spin stun? Randomly changing what spells the bosses use or if they ramp / are slowable etc wouldn't break the game but keep it spicy I guess.
  12. Hdizzle Augur

Yeah thats really the only place they could (randomizing the magic types and timers of AE's) without creating new content.

Yeah... as long its one toon per pc tho! /duck
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. Poydras Augur

I think they should have done something like this along with the loot changes. You can get more and better loot, but the mobs are harder too. The easiest way wold be in terms of predictibility and spell-casting. It would make increases in difficulty (which are sorely needed clearly) much easier for everyone to accept. They'd need to be careful that the changes are uniformly harder, and don't sometimes trivialize the encounter which people would exploit somehow.

Another thing that might not be that hard to do is adding new mobs to zones. Like enforcers the raid bosses send out to boost security some. And the raid mobs could summon those mobs to their side in waves during raids. I mean if I was a god in Norrath, constantly getting rolled over by raids, this is the kind of thing I'd be trying to set up.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

The small scale raids were done once. They were “harder” unfortunately if I recall you needed to beat the 54 man prior. I’ve always wished for smaller number raids. That would take a lot of coding. However I bet you’d see a lot more people on a server where you do normal (large scale) and/or small scale.

So to recap
    True box
    Random spells from npcs(can even use the mob grouping from mischief/thornblade) for the structure.
    Small and large sized raids.
  15. TheTone Elder

I think for the next TLP, DPG needs to recognize that the majority of their player base is probably >35 years old and has a family.
    We can't play 30 hours a week like we once could.
    Tailor a TLP that gives us "filthy casuals" some type of catch up mechanisms.
    2 month unlocks are fine for the hard-core types, but I can't even get max level in Era, let alone raid!
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Curious. If you can't even get max level in era, why do you care if you raid in era? Just raid a expac or two behind. As long as the server isn't free trade and loot pinata, there is value to doing the older raids.

Normally people would still be doing vex thal on off nights to gear up for the planes still. Now with people two boxing time loot, there is zero reason to do Vex Thal and such. Heck, I remember on Mangler people still killing AoW in PoP for a few specific drops.
  17. Vex32680 New Member

Ok hear me out:
    Everything that drops is Personal No Drop Hierloom EXCEPT for crafted gear. Also, Epic quest items decay in <2 min after drop. Kind of like an ironman.

Or

Re-Enable Hell Levels & Corpse Runs (Equip on Corpse)

Or

Very select classes release every few weeks, at first its wizard/warrior/cleric. Then chanter/shaman/druid then necro/mage then shadowknight/paladin/ranger.

Or

Enable raid wide XP gain without penalty, make it so guilds can grind out members in a few days without classic powerleveling methods. BUT if you die you lose a whole level unless you are at level cap.
  18. xxar Augur

I have a wild idea!
    A standard TLE , that has nothing fancy with 3 month unlocks.
  19. Gheed Is not reading your response

PvP server please just so I can find Skuz and show him how much of a clown he is

:D
    Corydon Coles and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

3 separate ideas:

Combine/Sleeper progression style TLP. Today's TLP enhancements with the OG progression.

Level-based TLP progression

TSS start TLP