Next round of TLP suggestion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by likestobox, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Faceless didn't manage to beat Mearataas in-era on Selo, they beat it shortly after if i recall.

However to be completely fair, beating TBL in 4 weeks (even with halved lockout timers) was always going to be a staggeringly difficult thing to achieve in such a short time given that event requires a lot of practise for everyone involved & they had to do all the flagging/events to even unlock that.

Original Gangster Club beat Mearaatas in-era on Phinigel (without halved lockout timers), and only on their last attempt in era & they had 4 more weeks time to reach & practise Mearaatas than Selo had.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Depends if they want to stick around for GoD with Loot Pinata mode on or float to the next TLP for Krono - some may well do both.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  3. Hirbow Augur

My suggestion:
    Make two servers like you did with Selo's and Mangler was it ? I forgot.

1) Free trade, non-true box Mischief clone server, for those people that have been tainted with the Free-Trades and can't never go back to normal No-trade servers. Make the server a fast pace server like Selo's.

2) Non-Free trade, True-box; Phinny clone #313, with normal-slower pace times, for those that wish to bond and take it slow one final time with these awesome progressions.
    Or a true hardcore: 1 character server... what would be your TRUE CALLING of a class!!?
  4. Triconix Augur

RIP Mischief.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

Well, let's clarify two things. First, Selo Faceless completed flagging with about 30 hours left in the expac. It's not really an event you can learn in a day. Second, the Phinny server as a whole beat Mearatas, which is still a great accomplishment, but don't discount that there were non-OGC members there.

As for the topic, any suggestions that include any of the following should be disregarded because they are all terrible ideas;
    Longer/slower unlocks
    "No-Krono"
    PvP
    Slower XP
    X box max (any number, doesnt matter, because none of it will be enforced)
    More HP on mobs
    code-zero, Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  6. Gheed Is not reading your response

Never do mischief loot rules again.

Not sure about all the member measuring going on in here but I hope you all realize you are arguing about elf sim accomplishments on time locked progression servers.

Just because you can't fit in your chair anymore to play a PVP server doesn't mean its a bad idea. I would love to see some of you clowns on one.

Thanks for reading.
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  7. Arclyte Augur

EQ PvP is a joke lol. Of course its a bad idea.

Mischief loot seemed great at first. Everyone in my groups was very generous, giving each other loot that would cost a small fortune on a regular server. Now look at it. Mischief's economy speaks for itself.

Honestly I don't need a bunch of gimmicks. Only things I really want are true box and a commitment to aggressively ban the obvious RMT plat horders and box armies that infect every TLP.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A PvP TLP would be a great, fantastic & amazing Idea if there were a PvP demographic that numbered in the several hundreds, but it is not even in the several tens, and that is a sad fact.

I personally would love to see a Faction V Faction V Faction PvP server or for Instanced PvP matches with leaderboards to appear in EQ so even normallly PvE servers have the option to choose some structured PvP content but the dev team is simply not supporting PvP at all because of those incredibly low numbers of PvP players & probably also the difficulty of tuning PvE built Spells for PvP purposes, especially given how long they have ignored PvP already by now.

And you realise you are crying out for a PvP TLP in a game that is 99.9% PvE Elf-Sim right?

If there is futility involved you're exhibiting it more than anyone.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I was there, among 5/6 other non-OGC (4 of us were Rosengard the other 2 were from Resolute & one of those had to drop out before we got the win) .
    OGC themselves acknowledgeed the non OGC help they got to beat the event but had all their regular players showed up there might not have even been slots for non-OGC, I consider myself fortunate & privileged to have been able to take part but it was OGC running the show so for me they deserve the accolade.
  10. RizlonaBoxer New Member

Didn't it take OGC like 8 months to beat CoV, a far easier expansion on their own? Sounds like maybe that group of non OGC that made up 10% of their raid for Mearatas might have been more helpful than they'd want to admit. Y'all should have helped them then too so they could have beaten CoV "in era" too before becoming a live guild.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is a very obvious troll attempt that doesn't really warrant a response, however...

How strong any guild is at the end of one expansion often bears no relation to how strong it might be for the next one, anyone who has played for years would know this well.

I was not on the server for most of OGC's CoV era so I cannot speak with authority on the whys & wherefores of why it took them 8 months, I can only assume that the loss of players they experienced at the tail end of TBL continued, maybe even got worse and it took them some time to recruit & recover pace - none of which would be surprising & none of which should detract from their TBL achievement which is presumably your aim.

The few EU players from Rosengard were already moving onto other things & would not have been able to stick around long term anyway, I myself did raid early CoV some with OGC but saw out the remainder of CoV on AB and I quit just before ToL launched after being unimpressed with the direction the game was continuing to take & annoyed at the massive share purchase made by MGI Group (owners of Gamigo) who I have personally witnessed destroying 2 MMO I played previously.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

PVP is a bad idea because of the GM involvement required.
  13. Meezder New Member

Seems that blue server tlp are well represented. I would love to see a return of the Faction Based PVP server like Sullon Zek was
    Corydon Coles and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  14. Ythera Augur

I'd like to see a TLP that is more high powered and focuses on small group play; something like:
    1. Expansions unlock upon completion of the current expansion
    2. Double Selos xp/quadruple faction.
    3. No motm.
    4. Free trade and random loot with bonus loot, ala Mischief/Thornblade.
    5. Double or triple PC damage/healing/hitpoints
    6. A command to eliminate task/dz lockouts.
    7. Upon the current live expansion being completed, the whole server resets and all characters are brought back to level 1 with starting gear. All characters gain a permanent cumulative bonus to damage/healing/hitpoints/experience gain equal to what percentage of the raids they completed from all the expansions. So if a person did 50% of the raids, they'd have a 50% bonus to damage/healing/hitpoints/experience gain. Each iteration of the server resetting would generate more and more of this bonus.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That would be so easy as to become boring, all those things added up would result in a massive amount of additional player power on top of the existing power creep that is already problematic, raids would become trivialised even more than they already are.

Take away too much of the challenge & you also remove a big chunk of the sense of achievement and all you are left with then is a loot dispenser, reduce EQ to that & there is little point in even bothering.

I have seen my share of bad ideas but this is truly amongst the worst of them.
  16. Ythera Augur

It's ok if you don't like it; it's not for you, Skuz.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

While I agree with the sentiment. If the boards are anything to go by, a lot of the player base would be more than happy one shotting raid mobs solo.
  18. Triconix Augur

Pre MOTM raid targets were dying in less than 60 seconds. Sooo you want mobs now dying in sub 20 seconds? What fun that must be.
    So you want beta? This is what beta is.
    This is icing on the cake. Why would I ever want to invest hundreds of hours just to have that completely erased?
    Skuz and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  19. Ythera Augur

You're not the demographic for my server idea, Triconix.
  20. Triconix Augur

Other than yourself, who is your demographic? Based on your ideas, you may as well just log in, claim everything you ned and log out.
    Skuz likes this.