Next expansion bst ideas

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zunar, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

I apologize in advance for any and all spelling and grammar mistakes, as well and redundancies or conflictions with other posters.

DPS/ADPS
    - Bestial Alignment : Add another DPS component
    - Group Bestial Alignment : Increase effectiveness , Add another DPS component
    - Frenzy of Spirits : Add over haste , preferably 25% +
    - Ruaabri's Fury : Reduce cool down and/or increase duration significantly
    - Ferociousness : Reduce cool down and/or increase effectiveness moderately
    - Savage Rancor : Increase duration and/or Reduce cool down slightly
    - Frenzy of Swipes : Reduce cool down and/or increase duration significantly
    - Venon's Vindication : Change this to function off of nukes , Increase number of counters , Decrease damage per counter
    - Spires : Increase effectiveness greatly

Pet related issues
    - Bestial Bloodrage : Remove agro reduction or make it a separate buff, increases over haste
    - Summon Companion : Move pet to your location even if fade fails, Add message indicating if fade succeeded or failed
    - Companions Aegis : Add DoT shielding
    - Companions Fortification : Add DoT shielding , Increase damage cap moderately
    - Mend Companion : Reduce cool down moderately
    - Blood Frenzy ( Kill shot buff ) : Increase effectiveness greatly, Affect the player as well
    - Merge Pet Buffs : Combine the DD and Heal target's target buff , Combine Debilitating and Exhausting buffs , Merge Pet haste into offensive and defensive buffs
    - Deadlock Jaws : Make this an AA or merge it into Hobble of Spirits
    - Debilitating bite : Add dual wield reduction
    - Feralgia : Make the Growl affect land on the player even if the pet is dead
    - BP Click : Make this land on the player even if the pet is dead
    - Swarm pet spells : Increase chance of summoning more than one swarm pet , Decrease casting time
    - Attack of the Warders : Significantly increase the damage and survivability
    - Melioration : Increase heal over time significantly , Reduce duration , Make non-extendable

Miscellaneous
    - Pact of the Wurine : Increase run speed
    - Focused Clamor of Claws : New version needed
    - Gelid Claw : Needs to work on piercing and two handed weapons
    - Playing Possum : Add chance to fade immediately
    - Ferocity : New version needed , Change resistances to a % resist chance , Change stamina to a small % HP increase
    - Monkey Spirit Discipline : New version needed , Add/change to block chance
    - Protective Spirit Discipline : Increase duration slightly
    - Protection of the Warder : Increase damage cap moderately
    - Natural Cooperation : Increase rune and healing effectiveness greatly
    - DoT's : Innate chance to twin cast
    - HoT's : Innate chance to twin cast , Chance to critical
    - Raven's Claw : Add accuracy reduction
    - Bite of the Asp : Increase Damage per tic , Add DD
    - Roar of Thunder : Reduce cool down
    - Enduring Frenzy : Add sympathetic mana return

New Abilities ( Wish list )
    - Track
    - Staff Block
    - Improved Forage/Double Forage
    - Moderate duration/effectiveness defensive ability
  2. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

The above is just an edited copy of my post from last year. On a more in depth note I feel our personal DPS is in a great place and I'd like to see any increase in that department focus on ADPS , cool down reductions, and up time extensions in that order.

Some other issues I've noticed are Bestial Savagery , Pact of the Wurine , and Ferociousness all have % accuracy mod that doesn't stack. While Ferociousness is only up for a minute , Pact and Bestial Savagery have 100% up time.
    Also why does the pet ear have a shrink click on it, all the classes that can use it have an AA to shrink our pets, it would be nice to have something useful such as a pet heal or free Companion's Aegis every 3-5 minutes.

3. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I agree with most of the above. One thing I'd be highly against is a group version of bloodlust. I love being able to compete with rogues, rangers, monks, for burst dps, and casters for overall fights. Zerkers are always tough to catch....I feel like group Bloodlust would just put us by the wayside as far as that goes. Some might construe that as an ego thing, but I personally love the fact that we can compete and bloodlust is a huge part of that compete level.

I VERY highly agree with instacast nukes, and pet swarms, as well as the focused paragon hitting us when we have a mob targeted.

Overall, I'd love our class to get a boost in every department per level req's as all classes get every expansion, as I am already very happy with the class.

I created my beastlord this past November, with absolutely no clue we were a huge part on raids, and how much DPS we could put forth, as I was always a casual raider at best. I just hope this next expansion they do those few tweeks that most of us want to see to keep it just as enjoyable as it's been for me thus far.
  4. smash Augur

A thing that would help beastlords would be AA for our warders.

When we die or warder die we rather handicaped. So AA for summon warder, haste spell, proc buf, offensive, defensive. Quadrouple the mana cost for the AA version. Let them cast the best version we got.

There often that i got to do 2-3 tries b4 able to load other spell set, and then load prim spell settings again, can give 1 min down time in a raid that lasts 20 min.
    Yinla and Zunar like this.
  5. Zunar Augur

I agree. It hurts us more than any other class by taking a death.
    Sometimes I gate out on AE heavy raids cuz it's impossible to get back on your feet with rebuffed pet and self, and banner back (and rez later).
    Duder likes this.
  6. Yimin Augur

2HB AA upgrades.

YiMin
    Suffer likes this.
  7. Eyezing Lorekeeper

Might need to prioritize what spells are worth memming in an event with AE's. If your buffing classes are buffing the freshly rezzed, I would consider very few of our buffs as essential to getting back in the fight.
  8. smash Augur

Give me your spell setting...Maybe I should change, always willing to learn ;-).
    Mine:
    3 dots, 5 DD. heal. heal warder. Shared fero, SE/Growl. (depends on number of beasts in raids)
    To get warder back on, gotta swap(disease dot/se, and 1 more) for summon warder, company(haste/proc), and offensive.
  9. Brohg Augur

Dicho
    Frozen Toxin
    Maelstrom
    Blood
    Chill
    Covenant
    Salve

rest is gravy, easy to swap. Endemic usually up, Fero usually up, Mending usually up, Feralgia is usually up. Still slush room besides those even for ... SE, pet things, maybe Convivial & Auspice of Esianti if I'm feelin' saucy

The three extra long-recast single elemental nukes are kinda clogging your spell bar, sounds like.
  10. Eyezing Lorekeeper

My only difference in that particular setup is covenant instead of SE. It's a whole other discussion why my bsts dont SE during an event, which is just a matter of the numbers.

I also use feralgia vs. growl...

Should be another spell slot because I always have dissident up as well.

The spell you replace doesn't particularly matter so long as it's not fero, covenant or dissident. Just so you don't potentially set yourself back with recast timers.

If your buffing classes like (I assume) your shamman healer is buffing, there's not even a need to pet haste if you can get pet casted before haste is dished out.

I get the desire to want to get all those buffs on before you get back into it, but considering every buff individually vs the time you can spend on the mobs instead, they just aren't worth the combat time struggling to mem, cast, demem, and mem your battle spell set.

So specifically, I'm just replacing feralgia with my warder spell. I shrink it, re-mem feralgia and get into the fight... Typically wanna hit breather (I hate the melee slow of hiatus), geomantra, and protection of the warder before you charge in. Not really a bad time to hit companions shielding while you're dealing with Rez effects.

Hope this helps... I know not everyone can have a shaman, nor everyone be able to count on healing
  11. smash Augur

A new Salve heal spell for our warders, heals for 100% same, share timer, same cast time.

The only difference is that there NO cure on it.

Reason, on Meratas, if you use the heal pet at wrong time you can wipe the raid, and here been other less harsh situations where cure pet is a bad thing.
  12. Eyezing Lorekeeper

In most situations, the cure is a plus. For mearatas, a combination of mend companion, aa pet rune, and raids ae healing (probably what's lacking) pet survival shouldn't be an issue. I definitely don't have salve on my spell bar during mearatas. Slow spells are much more useful :)
  13. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I find during Mearatas, between the times you’re getting splashed or group heals, dissident will usually bump up your pets HP as well as your group. I try to cast that as often as I can when doing hallways.

I always unmet salve prior to that event for sure.
  14. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

This right here would make me VERY happy. After getting all of my tbl raid muhbis weapons, I'd love to see being able to parse just as well with the 2h as the 1h weapons. There's certain scenarios where my 2h is an absolute beast of a weapon, but in long drawn out fights, it comes absolutely nowhere near the ratio of damage that the 1h weapons put out....

I also really like the idea of Roar of Thunder having the cooldown reduced. I find myself pulling aggro constantly if I'm actually putting on the real damage my class can do during pickup groups, and it's a pain in the to constantly "Play possum".
    Possibly even a second version on a different timer? Kind of like some classes get multiple aggro modifiers, while wizards and other classes get aggro reducers?
    Yimin and Suffer like this.
  15. Mazame Augur

I would prefer they fix / adjust the current version over adds a 2nd one. we already have a ton of keys were hitting as is.

As of the 2h weapons. I like that were more of the 1h class and monks are the 2h class so were not fighting over the weapons. Also I not sure if they changed it because I not use 2h in a long time but I thought Gelid Claw only worked with H2h and 1Hb?
  16. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I suppose a faster cooldown on roar of thunder would suffice.

You're not wrong, Gelid only works on h2h and 1hb. I only use my 2hb (and this is not often) on that one minute or so of "Melt your face" burn. I'm usually consistent with using my h2h and 1hb, but I like the idea of being able to switch up weapons, whether we have to go against monks or not.
  17. Yimin Augur

I just want to be a Gnome Bst with a rat as my pet :)

YiMin

I might even start playing again :D
  18. Roxas MM Augur

rat ?? omg , no noooo. a clockwork pet of course. if you want to go really funky make it so we can choose the look of the pet, being a clockwork rat, spider, flappy, whatever.
    yes please
    Yimin likes this.
  19. Malbro Augur

If I remember right, the BST pet didn't last through zoning. I remember having to cast it again and again.

It was changed so that they would still be there after zoning.