New Warrior Epic Preview

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Dzarn, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Dzarn Developer

There is a good soul that was kind enough to help us share the small things we do and to him I am eternally grateful.
    Mykaylla and Cakvala like this.
  2. Tobynn Augur

Dzarn is going to release the druid preview dead last just to make me wait a little longer for a glimpse of that Unkempt content. 14 of 16 previewed now, wru cleric druid !?

/shakes fist
  3. Piestro Augur

I hear the cleric one is just complete healing for 14 hours straight. ;)
  4. Qwestwic Augur

Wru Druid, Dzarn pls.
  5. Saroc_Luclin Augur

And yet that's still less time than a Xegony fight. :)
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

Could it be this video was posted because of who made it?

Right before the forum change, I remember this being posted:

Note the uploader... T_T
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Druid was the secondlast quest completed.
    Cleric is dead last.

So if he were to release the previews in order... :p

I can't wait to do all these quests with people.
  8. Braveheart Augur

So, if i'm to understand, there are going to be Epic 3.0's?
  9. Gladare Augur

No. These quests are for epic weapon ornaments.
  10. Slasher Augur

No that would take too much work i mean how hard would it be to release an invisible aug alla 2.5 that makes the 2.0 or 2.5 have stats up to the current expansion ? My guess is that would of been a lot easier then this ornament quest for every class.

Or better yet make a combine that combines a rare item that drops off group named or raid named that you combine in a container that gives your epic the stats of the tier where the rare item dropped ?
  11. Splody Journeyman

I dont see why you care to have it be an epic, the quest and time invested are what truly make it something to be proud of. You're basically asking for it just to be a current tier weapon, and thats something you already can get. /shrug
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Bringing our epic up to current tier content involves a whole lot more than stats. The clicks (bard, shm, clr, sk, not sure about other classes) or focus (nec) are irreplaceable. The weapons don't matter other than the unfortunate case where necro's have to weild theirs for the focus.

For warriors which this thread references, there would need to be some major changes to even matter:

1: The major focus was a hate mod. We have better on our masks now. So this part is useless.
    2: The click gave us a 800 hp buff. That did not stack with banners and various other buffs.. that lasted 1 minute. (there was a small spell resist chance with it). I could stub my toe and lose more hp's than this gave us.
  13. Slasher Augur

Do you really think scaling the focus's up to be relevant in today's game would be hard ? most classes would keep the same focus while others like warrior would see an upgrade. Epic clicks like the zerkers, clerics, shaman, bard, sk and a few others scale up as is so you would not have to touch most of them.

My comment wasn't for new epics it was a smart attempt to show that making a new epic would of been easier then making 16 entirely new quest lines just for an epic ornament.

Furthermore epic clicks should be a special AA so we don't have to carry the dam weapon around. This again would be SO easy but it wont ever happen.
  14. Piestro Augur

Would it be epic to get an upgrade without a similarly epic quest?

Would it increase congestion on getting some older mobs that may not be easily available?

Even simple suggestions often have complicated questions attached.
    Razzak likes this.
  15. Razzak Elder

Agreed. Epic camps for old mobs are still a pita to this day..that being said those were some fun and engaging quests with a great reward (for its time)...would love to see more of this rather then the constant prog grinding of complete 5+ tasks in a zone, get a cheve, do a cpl of missions, onto the next zone. I know you guys have your hands overly full but 2cp from an old player..epic quests were fun back when they were relevant, aside from the rare drop needed off the plat farmers perma camped mob :)
  16. Slasher Augur

If you tie the actual upgrade to your epic to an achievement for the expansion that requires actual work then yes it would be epic. Epics were never epic everyone could do them and the only reason to upgrade them are the weapon models are still awesome and the clickys.

Doesn't it bother you something is called an epic or epic 2.0 and hasn't been upgraded in 9 and going on 10 expansions ? And that is counting the 2.5 aug that I wouldn't even call an upgrade take that away its 11 expansions going on 12.
  17. Imrahil Augur

These quests are nice little things, well done, but not even remotely comparable to the effort needed for the original epics, neither from dev side nor from player side.

Let it rest and enjoy the cool look on your current weapons and the nice story behind the ornamentation quests :)