New succor? 3ish ideas

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Obiwon, May 23, 2013.

1. Obiwon Elder

How about, aside from exodus usable only every so often, druids finally get an updated succor, that maybe:
    1) casts just a bit faster, and
    2) has a DI/ DA component to it.

Second idea.

When 2nd life procs give it a DA / large mitigation aspect to it, and alow casting of an evac spell?

Third idea:

A limited (5-15 minute timer) COTH ability and/or a post succor/egress bounce back, i.e., allows a return to camp upon successful evac. within a certain time frame (such as 5 minutes).

J
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I asked for Exodus/Evacuate spells to have a DA component added to them. They even made a test spell on the Beta server:

[27341] Evacuate Eshmacuate
    Classes: DRU/90 WIZ/90
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 100
    Restriction: Beta Only
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 100'
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 9s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: SPA 15 Base1=-150 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current Mana by 150
    2: SPA 145 Base1=-1 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Teleport to same
    5: SPA 374 Base1=100 Base2=4680 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Cast: Runes of Zek
    [4680] Runes of Zek
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Not Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: SPA 40 Base1=1 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Invulnerability
    2: SPA 441 Base1=1 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Cancel if Moved 1
    Text: The gods of war have rendered you invulnerable.

As I recall, there was a problem with it. The DA took effect before you actually ported, and since DA prevents ports from affecting you, all it did was evacuate everyone else except you because the DA blocked it.

On that note, it would make for an interesting spell even not working as intended. Change the name to something like: Selfless Deliverance or some other such phrase that signifies you are throwing yourself on the grenade to save the rest.

In lieu of a DA I asked for a large rune instead. Something like a 12 second 1 million point rune. Enough to hold off any hits, but not last long enough to be exploitable. I don't think I ever heard back on the rune aspect.

That said, the last Dev chat Elidroth told us not to ask for any new port spells of any kind because "Changes to the port system are in the works" and until that was finished he didn't want to make any promises. Hopefully whatever changes made to the system are finished quickly and we can at long last get some of the things we have wanted port-wise.
  3. Minadin Journeyman

DA blocking your port but evacuating your group could be turned into a pally-style self-sacrifice feature . . .
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

yep

Of course, Wizards would never use it because we don't care about saving other people. We would be perfectly fine if Exodus was self-only. You guys have always just been along for the ride ;)
    Obiwon likes this.
  5. Minadin Journeyman

You guys don't have a self-only Exodus?
  6. Iila Augur

The have an AA Abscond, like our Egress. None of those are instant like Exodus, and for some reason wizards don't have an extra level on Abscond to make it quick casting like ours.

I haven't died from casting Exodus while being hit for a while, so I assume the dying while zoning bug got fixed. I'm wonder how you actually want to improve an instant cast evac with a 20-something minute reuse that does not eat a spell gem? I will straight up never devote a spell gem to that in groups because we already have an AA that does everything in the best possible way.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yep, we got screwed. An AA version of our self evac was one of my suggestions back during Underfoot Beta. Elidroth said he would probably do it, but then he forgot to give it to us and only gave it to Druids. I reminded him of it and he said opps wait till next patch, but then he forgot again. When he gave Druids rank 2, he finally gave us rank 1, so we are still behind.
  8. Mykaylla Augur

Maybe he's trying to encourage wizards to be more selfless. ;) Of course, it's a losing proposition, but still...
  9. Obiwon Elder

If it makes you feel any better about the
    Not really. If it makes you feel any better, the druid / wiz version at max aa cast in approximately the same time frame. I run both classes and my wiz gets out alive much more often then the druid does.

To Lila's question: BTW, I am OK overall with exodus as it stands, except if you're in particularly tough content 20 minutes max hastened can be a bit long. What I would like to see is when one is not using exodus, because maybe it got burnt, is a spell that will let you get the succor off. The druid version of succor is substantially slower casting then the wiz version and they are both two slow if things are really going bad. However, the most interesting is since both classes lead the field at one time on succor, it would be nice to see some sort of enhancement to give either a bounce back to camp (can be problematic with a lot of see invis / undead) or at least a tool to bring more convenience to the group. Wiz's had more help in this category. They got an enhancement years ago that sped up their evac, they could also evac another member only (such as the puller), but druids did not get this upgrade. Not saying I need / want this to be druid only. Just trying to suggest incremental improvement. It would be nice to get the druid fade set below level 96. Don't understand that at all, when shaman get one at 85? Shaman? and about ever other class started to be able to fade at 85ish or most of them, or earlier.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I thought the Druid Version was .5 second cast time? Ours is 2.5 for reference.

As to the other part, I originally has asked for a self-only Exodus (meaning instant cast, with a longer recast), which Elidroth shot down. That was when I suggested he make an AA out of Abscond/Succor.
  11. Minadin Journeyman

Our version, Egress, is 3.0 second base cast time, mine casts in about 1.8 seconds. The AA version has a recast timer of 2 minutes.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Your AA version or your spell? We are talking about the AA.
  13. Minadin Journeyman

The AA Doesn't list a cast time on it, and there isn't anything at all in the description to let you even know what rank 2 does. But I tried it out this morning a couple of times and it's around 1 second or so at rank 2.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

So as I said, yours is faster and Wizards got screwed. Welcome to the discussion ;)
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Why didn't they opt for a Embalmer's Carapace-like rune to be combined with the evac spell? Same premise except that DA has all sorts of restrictions with zoning / spells landing on you.

Was the problem that they couldn't merge the spells and have the 'protection' part land before the evac? Or that they decided they would try a DA and since you can't land an evac on a DA'd person they tried to put the DA after evac, which failed?
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Scroll up and read my post, lol.

They made an evac that proc'd a DA, but the DA landed before/at the same time as the zone aspect, so it prevented you from zoning. I asked about making it a large rune instead, and never heard a reply.

That said, I haven't been having a problem with dying while evacing lately, so I'm wondering if it was fixed in some other way.

Are other people still having this problem?
  17. Iila Augur

Haven't had it happen in about a year.

Was a big problem for me during HoT and I tested the hell out of Evacuate Eshmacuate during the VoA beta before finding it was left over from a previous beta. Then some time during VoA it just stopped happening. When did they switch over to virtual servers? Maybe that had something to do with it? In the past couple weeks I've Exodused a few times while getting hit that would have killed me for sure during HoT. Being anywhere close to a mob while evacing used to be a death sentence. Now I can evac while being hit and at 20% and be fine.

I have pretty much just stopped using Egress for anything but travel. Fade just does it better and Exodus is an instant backup/group option.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yeah, that is what I mean. A few weeks ago I even did a test where I evaced with several mobs on me, I even rooted them at the evac point so I would reaggro them as soon as I popped in. I didn't get -any- hits while zoneing. I didn't get hit at all until I was clearly in game.

I am thinking that either 1) The problem was caused by server lag which was fixed when they did a big fix several months ago, or 2) The problem was something else that was fixed internally either on purpose or accident (with EQ who knows!).
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Too much reading, not enough time! Yea good idea, they should do that .
  20. Minadin Journeyman

Well, I'm sorry to hear that you guys got hosed there. My opinion only, but I think that Wizards should be as good at the porting skillset as Druids, if not (slightly) better. And, I think that for the most part, you are. Just some sort of weird miss on Sony's part with regard to this one ability. Hope it gets fixed for you.