New Progression Server FAQ and Upcoming Poll Details

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. BrandonB New Member

3. Will Plane of Hate 3.0 NPCs in Plane of Hate 2.0 be removed?

These NPCs are super red to level 50's are mostly reside in the Mid Northern area of the zone. This includes pretty much everything level 56 to 65. The mini bosses included in Plane of Hate 2.0 are all 55. Many of the 56+ NPCs drop SoV quality loots.

4. Please add the Magician Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth as a rare drop from the male Forsaken Revenants.

In the current PoHate, the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth drops from the Magi P`Tasa and as a rare drop from male Forsaken Revenants. In PoHate 2.0, the staff only drops from Magi P`Tasa - as the rare drop - Wand of Swords if the common drop. Plane of Hate Minis are on a 3.5 day respawn and are totally random. Any of the eight or so minis can spawn in a spawn location. On a side note, the enchanter epic drop, Essence of a Vampire, drops from Coercer T`Vala and female Forsaken Revenants in PoHate 2.0. Hence the reson for the request. This is especially frustraiting as the staff is not only part of the magician epic 2.0, but also a highly desired item for any magician to use for focusing their level 50 earth pet.

Zam link showing drops from Forsaken Revenants in PoHate 3.0 (both male and female - picture is of the female)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=526

I know there are some epic revamps that have already taken place and also some more to come, but this change would be a very simple fix that already exists in the current PoHate.

Confused what you mean by the earth staff is required for the 2.0 epic- it is for the 1.0 Also, part of the fun is camping the named Magi P'Tasa for the earth staff, not have easy button forsakens drop it. Im assuming they will go with what makes sense and how it has been in the past, then when they original revamp happened to add the item to forsakens, itll happen when that expansion unlocks. If people want the classic experience, stop trying to modify things for your benefit.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. BrandonB New Member

Totally agree- maybe it will eliminate the level 50 in a couple days as well
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. BrandonB New Member

Great idea- Velious on day one so people can get through all content in less than a month and whine because Luclin wont open for a year- and then, like clockwork, Daybreak will have to make an exception and change the rules again to appease the said whining
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Animosity Elder

I dont care about anything after PoP. I want to play in Classic,Kunark and Velious for a longer period of time. If Velious is opened from the beginning everyone will just rush to that and get bored in 2 months,
  5. Vaclav Augur

Them being "done with content" is their own problem that doesn't effect others.
    People not having enough content to share is a problem that effects others.

The difference between the two is massive. The first doesn't really warrant intervention, the latter absolutely does in some regard.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but did you even think before you posted that? Because it's a completely flawed comparison because of the above.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. BrandonB New Member

Totally true- hence why it would never pass- hope they are smarter than to do that
  7. Mardy Augur

+1 Daybreak, props. You guys have put more thought into this than I've ever seen in the past. Good stuff. Some concerns easily doable have been addressed, such as refer a friend exp bonus and overloaded newbie zones & queues. While other concerns that require code time and code changes have been skipped, understandably so because we all would like to see this server launch sooner than next year.

I'm happy with what you guys have decided so far, and really looking forward to the polls. Please do let us know when you have an idea when the server will launch. For us players to do viral marketing properly, we need a date or month. It's one of the most commonly asked questions from my friends. Thanks for the update, and this was well worth the wait. :)
  8. BrandonB New Member

Doesnt matter if you are being mean or not- the company isnt dumb enough to open straight out through three expansions when they can spread it out longer
  9. Vaclav Augur

"Everyone"? I doubt it - there's only so much to rush to, then camps and raids fill up and people have to go elsewhere.

And if you'd get bored with Velious off the bat in two months - how long would it take you to get bored in just Classic? A month? (Less content, more time spent finding a camp, fewer raids - a good hunk of Best in Slot gear is 150-200pp an item to an enchanter something that can be farmed in 20 min or so if you know what you're doing)

Dragging things out doesn't increase interest. You'd have the same 2 months of stuff to do 2 weeks on in Classic, 3 weeks in Kunark and 3 weeks in Velious assuming your nonsense was even accurate. Except you'd have the extra bonus of EVERYONE ELSE rushing for the same new content each time causing you grief.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

So, you didn't read the part of the OP that they were referencing... gotcha.

Daybreak is pitching the idea of potentially opening with more expansions via a poll so something they're apparently "dumb enough to do" (unless they're just making up polls and results - for the tinfoil types) and they state in the OP under the description that if more are available at the open the rest of the timeline will be adjusted to add the "lost time" onto the expansions before GoD.

So the spread would be identical.

It's a long post they made, I get it - but please, please, please - read it in full before critiquing things that are part of the discussion. It's silly to have people like me have to explain things that are covered BETTER it the OP.
  11. BrandonB New Member

Sorry to say, but it is your mentality that ruins the classic experience. It was all about spending time building your character, building up platinum, getting excited when you finally found a group, excited when you finally killed that raid target.If you are so concerned with getting things easier, stay on Live.
    squidgod and Fallfyres like this.
  12. BrandonB New Member

LOL you can be as condescending as you want- I read what they said their plans are- and Im saying that they would not miss an opportunity of spreading out the expansions to keep people's subs active to open 3 expansions right out of the gate.
  13. Rojas Journeyman

Lockjaw!!!!
  14. Vaclav Augur

I'm not concerned with having things be easy - I'm concerned with people overall actually getting to enjoy the product that they paid for. I know it's not a problem for me, I play excessively being that I'm retired - but when I see friends come on and find themselves unable to find a group for more than a few days to progress at all, you know what happens? They quit.

Only a idiot sits there paying $15/mo to literally do nothing but chat, which they can continue to do free via TeamSpeak, guild forums or whatever else.

You'll be getting a more extended version via PM.
    Blingx likes this.
  15. Kolani Augur

Day One/Level One Leader AA is way more unbalancing than anything else. Every character will gain 300 hp/mana just by being in a three person group.
  16. Robomax Elder

Nope. People can med like the old days. With spell books open, so they can't see.
    No Hire a Neco AKA mana battery!!LOL Or Just play a Sham and eat your self to death to heal your heal grp!
    Wonder if Meditation will be like Old days?
    You might be a certain LVL for a spell but don't have the Meditation skill to Scribe it.
    Wonder if spells only come with that expansion example Stoism did not come out till LOY , and Tupor a drop spell?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Vaclav Augur

So you're conspiracy theorizing that they're offering the poll but will ignore the results? There's a lack of logic here.

And personally - when they were talking about 8 month expansions my plan was to sub 2 months on and then retire for 6 months roughly. (depending on when I felt "done" each time - likely 2 months or so)

Give me Kunark/Velious and that guess would start in the 4-6 month range. (And of course if it's only another couple months till the next unlock, I'd probably not bother formally retiring for such a short time even if I dial my play back a bit)

Lost subs work lots of ways:
    1) "I'm done"
    2a) "I can't get any group content to do"
    2b) "I can't get any raid content to do"
    3) "I'm broke"
    4) "I'm too far behind"
    5) "I no longer enjoy the changes/content to the game"

[There might be some others I'm missing too]

Slowing expansions helps hurts with 1 and 2a-b and helps with 4 and 5. Claiming it would help keep subs to slow things down while it forces some of the sub killing criteria doesn't seem completely rational.

I have my beliefs, but at least I can see merits in the opposing argument, can you say the same?
  18. Vaclav Augur

No, that's a L51 AA addition with how it operates right now. So it wouldn't be "day 1/level 1" for that part - but I would suggest that they lock that 0 cost AA to GoD unlock. (or something else down the line)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Kolani Augur

Are you 100% sure of that? Level 5 goblin shrouds get the benefit of the extra hps as long as the shrouded character has the LAA.
  20. Vaclav Augur

It's how it worked on my characters I've been goofing with getting the rust off on Test this past week.

Since it's Test it's possible it's a new thing they're working on versus something already Live, but I can't see why it wouldn't be the same on Live. (Too lazy to retype it, but it's in the regular AA window as a 0 cost one under General)