New Progression Server FAQ and Upcoming Poll Details

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. fazool Augur

Sorry I had a (been away too long) brain fart. I stand corrected and clarified.
  2. Roshen Brand Manager

These will be launched together, whenever they're ready. We'll have this ready by next week at the latest.

You won't need any specific membership to be able to vote. You will need to log in to EverQuest to do so.
    Irbax_Smoo and Dandy like this.
  3. Numiko Augur

your right! Jaggedpine opened on July 24th 2002 several months before PoP launched. .. oh well there goes my faith that Roshen knew everything about Everquest! :p
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  4. Blingx Augur

I don't know when this went live in but earliest records I found indicate it was during Seeds of Destruction in 2008.
    Does this fall under
  5. Tudadar Augur

Oh. I thought more about the pre character naming option that was allowed on combine.
    You could possibly give the prenaming/premaking character option to accounts that beta tested (only fair if u let every account beta test and might be super crowded though) Otherwise just requiring a subscription or costing 250-500 sc would work IMO.

Here is copy paste from back then.

Name Reservations for the Combine Opening on May 31st

05-30-2006

The Combine (Progression Server) will be available on May 31st for all current subscribers to log in and reserve a name for the launch on June 28th. The Combine server will open between 10am and 12pm PDT for name reservations only and will remain open until June 26th. Only one character per account will be allowed.

When the server goes live you will be able to fill all 8 character slots but for the sake of fairness we are limiting the pre-launch naming to a single character per account. Keep in mind that until later expansions are unlocked, Iksar, Frogloks, Vah Shir, beastlords, and berserkers will not be available for character selection.

Naming Server Fact Sheet

• Opening: May 31st between 10am and 12pm PDT
    • Closing: June 26th
    • Character Limit: Naming will be limited to a single character per account although the live server will allow the full set of 8.
    • Race Limit: Iksar, Vah Shir, and Froglok are not available.
    • Class Limit: Berserker and beastlord are not available.
    You can get to The Combine to reserve your name once it is available as you would log into any other server on the main Live Server Select screen. You can get to The Combine to reserve your name once it is available as you would log into any other server on the main Live Server Select screen.
    Kassiye likes this.
  6. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

This was broken in several cases on Fippy. Would be good to know if it will work as it does on Live for the next server, or work at all.
  7. Tyreel Augur

How does load balancing deal with zones that have Druid Ring/Wizard Spires? Porting a group in and having half of them end up in the wrong instance would be... not so great.

I can easily see issues with Commonlands.

1. Commonlands
    2. Nektulos
    3. Misty Thicket
    4. Greater Faydark
    5. Butcherblock Mountains
    6. Toxxulia Forest
  8. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

honestly a bit disappointed that berserkers wont get a chance to play while the server still has a high population, but it is what it is.

Ill probably vote starting in kunark, but otherwise im fine with most everything else.
    Wayylon likes this.
  9. Intin Elder

They explicitly state in the FAQ that it will be an open beta.
    Fallfyres and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  10. Darth Augur

rekt
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

Not being able to use item clicking in bags is an intentional decision, thus it being included in this FAQ. There are no plans at this time to change this before the launch of this server.
  12. Silentchaos Augur

Oh, we know you made the decision. We just want you to change it. Vote?
    Barton and Xanadas like this.
  13. Darth Augur

Can we not have advanced looting on this server? I'd rather it be classic thanks.
    Xanadas likes this.
  14. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

You can disable it can't you?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Well I appreciate the reply. Can you explain why this was an "intentional decision"? What made this little thing stand out so much to the dev team and why was it decided to not allow it?
  16. Darth Augur

Yes, but when you join a group you're forced to use whatever the leader uses. If they use advanced looting you have to. They also have complete control over the loot. Can give all gems/drops to themselves etc.

Yeah you could be a greedy loot taker in the system ina group but you could also click the corpse faster as a way to stop it. With the advanced looting window you have nothing to do unless the whole group wants to disband, and reform without the dude.
  17. Darth Augur

Every player on a progression server has to pay to play. So a 6 boxer there pays 15 x 6, where as a 6 boxer on live can pay for no accounts.

Not sure how you think live server generates more monthly income?
  18. Nolrog Augur

Why can't you just disable it and loot the regular way?
  19. Nolrog Augur

So form your own groups.
  20. Darth Augur

So I can either join the group that needs me and get screwed out of what is a classic chance at loot, or I can form my own group and have no camp?

Awesome.
    Mezrah likes this.