New Expansion = New TLP Bag Bundle?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by External, Oct 23, 2018.

1. snailish Augur

They should just implement a "remote bank" unlock per character for $10.

Buy the unlock, your character can use the nice "find item" button on the UI to bank from anywhere, they'd just need to add a "send to bank" button. In a game with origin, this is merely a convenience in time saved. As long as you have to be at a banker to put into shared bank... no lore farming benefit.

This would sell on any server, whether you had to fill your bank with large sewing kits or really nice big bags.

Just trying to make the game $ while improving my own situation...;)
  2. Fhiele Augur

I would expect to purchase one new bag for the next TLP. I wasted one on coirnav even though I played like 2 days there. I had 2 on Agnarr because I bought one before one bag ended, and bought another when the next came up. I never actually needed 2 of these bags. One was plenty. I do hope one will be available on TLPNext.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Actually, quite a few are allowed on any given server. Acct transfers are broken right now, but when they are working, you can use it to buy as many bags as you want.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

The New Expansion may not = A new TLP Bundle but It sure does equal a 40 slot bag that you can use on any server long as you are willing to spend the money. Course it is not about the money , surely
  5. taliefer Augur

just chiming in about "inventory crunch." while its true it was a popular mechanic in RPGs around the time EQ was made and came out, it hasnt been for quite some time now. I realize EQ is an old game, but one of the best parts of being an MMO is evolving with the genre. Even on TLPs, the "crunch" just feels antiquated.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

You did see I said it was a compromise between money and other things. Yes, it's another, and yes we allow it on TLP to gain more money.

That does not equal the "buy as many as you want" that players are asking for in this thread, that yes, would make us more money.
  7. Protagonist Tank

Reiterating that my request is buy one per server (rather than per account).
  8. That0neguy Augur

I thought it was already like that.
  9. Zapsos Augur

Naah, every time they released a new server they just made a "new" deal... I'm on Phinny and have 7 40 slots from each time a new Server opened.
  10. Drake07 New Member

Why are we whining about a bag? Who cares?

Name one RPG game that doesn't have some form of inventory limitation. The whole point is to best plan resources to play the game in various instances. You actually have to go to the bank and swap out weapons for a raid...."Oh no!". You have to be present during tradeskill combines...."oh no!".

The whole point of the TLP server is to get a chance to play from the ground up, with players who are also starting from scratch. It's also a chance to revisit old raids, zones, etc.

We are spoiled enough, as is, on the TLP servers, with various items, skills, etc. that we not available to the true pioneers of the game.

Anyone complaining about more bag space needs a reality check. Want a bigger bag, go play on the live servers...
  11. moogs Augur

With respect,

1. I'm not whining. I'm asking about large bags in general, not the TLP-only deal.
    2. I did name a well-known RPG series that does not have some form of inventory limitation.
    3. I only play on live servers.
    snailish and Barton like this.
  12. Protagonist Tank

Nope. It is currently one purchase per account each time it comes up.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

I did see and read your statement I just disagree with it. The company needs funds, it has to or why are the login servers constantly breaking. Take our money and fix some stuff.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

People have named games with no inventory restrictions. Tedium is not engaging game play for a lot of people. We can have and voice opinions as customers. You can as well. We do not need "a reality check" we are highly aware of the reality. Why are you complaining about people complaining about bags?
  15. That0neguy Augur

It's the forums, what else are you supposed to do here?
    andross77 likes this.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

Ok Ok you may have a point
    andross77 likes this.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

There is some kind of banker summon ability. At least on test you get it automagically.

So it's probably from some late expansion.
    snailish likes this.
  18. snailish Augur

The moment EQ let you strap on 6 (or more) backpacks the idea of inventory limitation became sketchy. Planning resources just means low level characters with low strength and limited fast travel options end up rotting stuff they would otherwise vendor.

Inventory management would mean you could only ever hold a certain size and weight of items and you wouldn't have bankspace so huge you need a searchable list to find things efficiently in it. This game is item intense... it would be unplayable as designed if typical inventory limitation was applied to it.

If you have strength (or weight reduction) you can carry multiple sets of raid gear to swap out... this isn't real resource management. There is no suspendable belief that an Ogre would carry two full sets of armor on top of what they are wearing including 10 different weapons --the game would of made us pull wagons if realistic resource management was truly part of the design.

Items stacking to 100 and 1000 undoes the argument as well. Tradeskills in EQ is another whole different discussion. A magic tradeskill vault that brings your materials to your workplace is just as believable as a plane full of portals that connects to stone objects across the land.

Inventory limitation is just tedium, archaic design with no real positives in EQ (other games, where a more cohesive logic was applied sure). They might as well monetize it and give players convenience at the same time.
  19. Protagonist Tank

It's a vet AA.
  20. Machentoo Augur

With respect, you are posting in the TLP forum on a thread that specifically has TLP in the title.