New Expansion = New TLP Bag Bundle?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by External, Oct 23, 2018.

1. External New Member

I'd like to know if the launch of a new expansion brings a new TLP Adventure Pack offer or if it is only for the launch of new TLP servers?
  2. External New Member

Giving this a bump, hoping to find an answer.
  3. Raltar Augur

I would wager to guess that a new TLP bag bundle will be released with a new TLP(it is kind of in the title). They didn't have a new bundle for the last expansion, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm not DBG, though, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
  4. External New Member

They removed the branding to be TLP specific awhile back, now it's just 'Yes even TLP!" categorized.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

TLP bag bundles are TLP related, *BUT* not guaranteed with a new TLP. They are not expansion related.

My statement here is no guarantee or promise that we will release another TLP bag bundle.
  6. Risiko Augur

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can buy the collector's edition of the RoS expansion right now on sale for $45, and it comes with a 40 slot bag that is claimable on all servers including the progression servers (or so the page says).
  7. Gremin Augur

You are missing out on so much revenue, figure out how to place all bags you have previously put up for sale in the store for those who missed them the first time.
  8. snailish Augur

Or just offer a different coloured expensive bag every month.

Lot of time passes before light blue, medium blue, average blue, dusty blue, sublime blue, etc. get used up for all the colours of bags they already have graphics for (they'd all just look like the same blue handmade packpack or such).
  9. Gremin Augur

Ayup
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes and no.
    While we do like money (we are a corporation) we are also concerned with "balance." Yes. In this instance balance is a silly word, but it somewhat fits. We are going for a certain experience, and part of that experience is the general inventory crunch. Super "freely" available large bags has an impact on that experience. (Note I'm not saying gameplay, but experience. I acknowledge that the space crunch is not gameplay)
    Aegir and Pirlo like this.
  11. moogs Augur

Very disappointed to learn that inventory crunch is by intentional design rather than a technical limitation.
    Barton and andross77 like this.
  12. Dahaman Augur

I can confirm this.

I bought the discounted RoS expansion for $45. My Coirnav character is sporting a 40-slot bag.

I can appreciate the "experience" of of the inventory crunch. Above all, I appreciate the slow and steady advancement of everything in the EQ game. It would be fabulous to have recipes in place to slowly expand inventory spacing. However, this inventory slot advancement is non-existent in the game until...

Classic allowed you to craft 10-slot bags.

Does anyone know which expansion allowed you to craft larger bags?
  13. Zapsos Augur

For the longest time the bag slot limit was hardcoded and larger than 10 was impossible, which is why the first larger than 10 slot bag wasn't until quite late in EQ's history (Can't remember exactly when)... some bags have retroactively had their sizes increased.

I think the first larger than 10s that can be acquired through game play and not by paying for them are the 12 slots you can get from tradeskill trophies in PoR (and even those were originally 10 slots back in the day)
  14. Dahaman Augur

That explains the huge gap for bag size increases between Classic and the next.

That also points out that the "experience" that Ngreth points to, while important due to the reasons he mentioned, can be vastly improved nowadays. Maybe they'll go back and add expansion appropriate recipes sometime. Something every other expansion...? Or something.

Velious (Fun Fictitious) Example:

Crystalline Silken Bag (12-slot bag, Large Size Items, Tailoring 150)
    - Crystalline Silk Fabric (Tailoring 110)
    --- Crystalline Silk Swatch x4
    --- Silver Thread x2
    - Velium Laced Thread (Tailoring 100)
    --- Vial of Velium Vapors
    --- Crystal Silk Thread (tailoring 90)
    ----- Crystalline Silk x3
    ----- Silver Thread
    - New Pattern (Vendor - 200pp base cost?)

Enchanted Crystalline Silken Bag (12-slot bag, Giant Size Items, 20% Wt Reduction, Tailoring 160)
    - Crystalline Silken Bag (see above)
    - Vial of Clear Mana x3
    - (insert 6 various Velious Gems)

I'm sure such a hasty example can be improved upon.
  15. Communist Puppy Augur

Very large coinpurse off of yelinak is 12slot now.
  16. Zapsos Augur

And apparently Frizznik's Endless Coin Purse from PoP is 14 slots
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am not sure why you are disappointed. The only thing that separate one MMO from another (besides how user friendly the UI is and how much content there is) is what decisions it forces you to make. Inventory space is one of those decisions that make an MMO that puts emphasis on it worthwhile. Having unlimited inventory space is one element that makes a game boring in my opinion.
    Polekn likes this.
  18. moogs Augur

Not going to knock your preferences. I think it's boring to sort through items when I could instead be doing actual content.
    Barton likes this.
  19. BlargBlargBlarg New Member

An inventory crunch has been, and will always be part of every roleplaying game ever made (tabletop OR computer-based). To be disappointed in this confuses me. o_O
  20. moogs Augur

That is incorrect, and I'm very disappointed that you have not played any of the Piranha Bytes series. Gothic II is widely considered to be the best cRPG of all time.
    Barton likes this.