New Expansion Announcement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NameAlreadyInUse, Sep 18, 2017.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Well, I was off by almost four hours :) I think the only things we learned from the announcement (about the new expansion) are:

a) It is the second half of last years expansion.
    b) It won't go on sale until 10/15/2017, after they've milked all the poor people who will buy last year's expansion at half price (only to re-purchase it with the new expansion).
    Drusi and McDougal like this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Well, great news: it's finally announced!

Sounds good.

But this sentence right here...
    ...sounds like the progression server was a higher priority than the new expansion, and we are lucky that the team found some time to work on the expansion after doing all that other stuff.

Faux pas, Lauren.
    Drusi likes this.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Whoever Lauren is she needs to learn to post this stuff on the EQ forum in addition to Twitter since 95% of the players are unwilling to use EQ's social media platforms. Also is Holly gone now? There's no need for multiple producers for EQ or EQ 2 when we barely get any production on it aside from TLP servers.
    noclue and Axxius like this.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

5. Axxius Augur

There is a picture of Lauren in the Twitter post. Looks like the Producer is the worst job in the company, and they just dump that responsibility on the youngest member of the team now. :p
    Yinla and Drusi like this.
  6. YellowBelly Augur

Was this new producer even born when EQ was released?

What happened to Holly?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Lauren is Producer for EQ and EQ2 and Holly is Executive Producer of the EQ Franchise - huge difference...now.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Seems to be but what is Holly doing now then? I couldn't get the Twitter post to load it but I went to the EQ page and it worked. They like Twitter a little too much IMO.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well usually in movies and tv executive producer is below the producers in rank and credits and is usually something actors in the film and some of the people that helped bring the project together either financially or through making it happen themselves somehow get the executive producer credit so it should be the other way around. But leave it to Daybreak to get it backwards or do things differently than the standard most places use.
    Drusi likes this.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

It's not backwards, EQ Franchise used to include Landmark and EQN. I would assume Lauren oversees the day-to-day stuff for EQ and EQ2 while Holly is responsible for higher level decisions that are typically outside of the day-to-day stuff; budget, legal, etc. This is probably an incredible oversimplification and doesn't do their roles justice, but it's all speculation on my part and no offense intended to either on mine.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I always thought Executive Producers hold the money and power and take all the credit, and the Producers do all the work and take all the blame? :)

EDIT: "Producer" is really just a fancy name for manager, usually used for media types (movies, books, video games, etc.).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Used to but hasn't in a couple years now and it is technically backwards. I can post Wiki links if you want and I am not trying to be a by any means. Just saying they are using the terminology in an awkward way that isn't the usual usage of that terminology.

It doesn't really matter either way. I am more curious as to what Holly actually does if she's delegating everything to others that the public/player base sees. Is she still even at Daybreak?
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

Call it whatever you want, but a position in charge of the entire EQ Franchise (which was 4 games at that time) would imply they are over a position in charge of two of the games within that franchise. It makes no sense otherwise. No idea if she is still around, her twitter hasn't been overly active and i don't check any of the other DBG forums to see if she has been active there.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Hey Lauren, welcome aboard and good luck! :)
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Agreed to an extent but Lauren was hired last year if I remember correctly or possibly early this year and that was well after Landmark and Next were canceled.
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Right, but Holly has been the Executive Producer of the EQ Franchise since October 2015 well before EQN was cancelled, she was also Executive Producer of EQ and EQ2 prior to that (per Linkedin)...which is the position i assume Lauren now holds.
  17. Hekaton Augur

Lol at the fact that people are more interested in talking about the role of producers instead of the actual expansion. Maybe that means something?

Oh and I'm convinced that the staff doesn't know how to communicate with our grizzled playerbase. Remember years ago before an expansion launch roshen said no one wants to play in old content to justify an exp nerf from previous expansions.

Ironic how old content progression servers is the business model now
  18. Kolani Augur

Well, she's a babe and we have no idea what's in it other than Venril at the moment. On a side note, can we have an alternate quest line where we team up with Venril to run the Combine off Kunark? Lcea's acting shady AF, I might want to nip that in the bud before we have to handle her teaming up with Mayong in a couple of expansions.
    Maedhros and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. Axxius Augur

The name 'Ring of Scale' is a pretty fat hint what else is in it. ;)

EoK lore also tells us that the King of Chardok currently resides in Charasis, and that's also where Atrebe went from Kor-Sha. And we are flagged for the next raiding tier with a 'Seal of Charasis'.
    Maedhros and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

She also said Gorowyn is in it, and that's a Sarnak city in Timorous Deep, it at least it is in EQ2.