New class, why aren't more upset?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vicus, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Great minds think a like.
    I didn't have Pally or Monk in mind but yeah, I was pondering on some ideas there.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You are either purposely ignoring what I said or not understanding it.

EQ Does. Not. Support. Adding. More. Classes.

They can *change* it to support more classes, but that would be a massive, financially nonviable, undertaking.

You cannot fit 17 gallons of crap into a 16 gallon container. It doesn't matter whether you believe you can or which way you put it into the container, it doesn't work. You either need a new, 17+ gal container, or you need to rip open the container and enlarge it to 17+ gal.

EQ is a 16 gal container and it is already filled with 16 gal worth of classes. It isn't possible to add more without changing the whole game, and it isn't financially viable for them to change the whole game.

This is the last time I'll explain it because I don't know how I can possibly make it more clear than that.
    Celephane and Barraind like this.
  3. Vicus Augur

Good job leaving out the sentences before that. There is a reason media agencies get crapped on because they write the narrative to fit their needs. Nothing I have said has been false, you just don't agree with them and that is fine. Continue to tell me to play emus or another game its not going to effect me. I still love EQ and will continue to want more out of it then what is given, even if it's "hard".

"There are many ways to fund this game but sadly I think the parent company just doesn't care about the brand Everquest. There is zero marketing for this game in anyway. They haven't even tried to cash in on a battle royal or mobile game during the huge demand of them over the last two years.

I was referring to Everquest not other DBG projects. Everquest is their BIGGEST name and they didn't even attempt a project with Everquest in any of these genre's. Would it of been horrible? Yep but at least it would of generated money. People have been raving about a PVP server, EQ BR? Nope. Everquest mobile cash spinoff of EQ? Nope. They used Planetside, why? Because it was the easiest thing with minimum effort to make a quick cash grab. How did that playout? O, the project was shutdown, people were fired and rebranded.
  4. Maedhros High King

This is tantamount to taking the advice of kids I went to highschool with instead of scientists and Dr's about the realities of Covid-19.
    Please tell us more of your opinions though.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Vicus Augur

I don't need it explained to me. I understand it full well, you just don't like my response. I never said you were wrong, I just said it would take work for them to OVERHAUL (exact word I said) the system, which means CHANGE. Which makes what I say correct and still makes your statement factual (current system won't work). I'm not a child, you can word things however you want to dominate your points it won't change the meaning of my words. You seem to be getting offended that I am not taking your words and absorbing them exactly how you want. That is an issue I can't help you with.
  6. Vicus Augur

The kids at your high school said WoW classic would be a massive hit, the scientist at Blizzard said "You don't really want classic". 1 year later classic was released and more people are subbed into classic that live WoW. I wish I liked WoW because then classic would of been fun but I like EQ, so here I am.

As a side note, Ask 40 doctors about Covid-19 and you will get 40 different answers. No one knows yet. Today it's all over the news that it's mutating and there are now two strains of it. Joy.
  7. p2aa Augur

Balancing classes on TLP servers doesn't matter. What matters is balancing classes on Live servers, and this is what devs are doing.
    Play on Live server and you have 3 MT classes that exist.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You mean would of
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No I mean "would have" :)

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/would-of-could-of-should-of/

When spoken aloud, would of and its fellows should of and could of sound exactly like would’ve, could’ve and should’ve. But even if no one can tell the difference when you’re speaking, the mistake becomes obvious as soon as you write it down.
    Celephane, Elyssanda and Skuz like this.
  10. Sokon Augur

I've got a solid idea with a real basic explanation: Vampire, this is a shadowknight type class that wears silk and has a limited use of daggers. Like Rogues, Vampire spells and abilities do excessive damage from behind the target.

Any race could be a Vampire, all you have to do is get bit!

Starting/Home city; Dreadspire Keep. Just add some NPCs there.
    Vicus likes this.
  11. Vicus Augur

Why doesn't it matter and why can't you have it both ways? I know I know, it takes work and money and resources blah blah blah. There are ways to get funding and there are ways to support both gaming options that are being presented to us. But the community is so use to "we don't have the resources" that they have given up on trying anymore.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I really thought you'd get the joke, oh well :(
  13. Vicus Augur

I like it. Could give them some healing properties to their "bites" making them more solable then rogues.
  14. Sokon Augur

Yes there definitely has to be some leech involved to self if not to group as well with Spire or other AAs. I think 2 hand piercing should be their best weapons with their epics being 2 hand pikes and biggest discipline burns being of the Impale category.

The great thing about EQs current class line up is that there is enough diversity between the classes with a little overlap. This particular class would have overlap with Rogue, Shadowknight and Necromancer meaning all the gear for them already exists in the game. They'd pierce like a rogue(all 1 hand piercers that were Rogue only would become Rogue/Vamp like Monk's 1 handers went Monk/Beast) leech like a Shadowknight yet their armor(silk) and tanking ability would be that like the Necromancer.

They should have high base faction and not be KoS in any other starting city initially due to their lore. They'd obviously have some contentious quests or epics involving werewolves. All the essential stuff to implement them, their lore(vampires and werewolves), epics, weapons etc etc already exists in the game. Make the piercers vamp useable, the necro armor Vamp useable etc etc
  15. p2aa Augur

Because this is older content that is not relevant. And most TLP players start over and over on fresh new TLP server to relive the same content over and over again. Look at all the TLP server with low population apart the most recent one Mangler.
    If people are unhappy with their class on TLP, choose another one or just wait for future expansions to hit your TLP server.
  16. code-zero Augur

It's because of the word progression in TLP. Eventually all TLP servers will progress to a certain point like PoP or all the way into live status
    enclee likes this.
  17. Vicus Augur

No reason they can't take the data from the 10+ servers and adjust the classes every time an expansion unlocks. Is it really hard to see that Monks are 25% plus more dps then everyone else for a long time? Make everything decently inline, heck just TRY don't even have to be perfect, 5% ballpark would be great. As expansions release, take the data and make the adjustments with release of the expansions. Some of these adjustments would be minor or non existent once you got them close. When they catch up to live, then just the current data. Other games have progression servers and they did adjustments from live and classic, original, hardcore, ect. Then all didn't start off perfect but improved as they got the data. I will say EQ 1 is 10 times better then EQ2 though. The first few expansions are a joke. Raid bosses fall as long as you show up.
  18. Yimin Augur

Make Gnomes every class this will fix all issues with EQ :D

YiMin

If not just make them BL :)
  19. smash Augur

No reason to add new classes to the game, There already enough.

And Vivus, I think you underestimate the amount of work it would require if they had to adjust for each expansion.

Beside they said repeatedly there no new classes or races coming.

And they are not a big crew to do it,
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Should add another melee dps class. Because that will be super fun in raids.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.