New Class Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xorsazis, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Xorsazis Augur

Regardless of all the cons people will post or say about it...

WTB a Warrior/Wizard hybrid. Don't care what it's called. Really don't care if people think it's too late in the game. I want this.
    IDotPeople likes this.
  2. Edrick Augur

3. Stubar Augur

Seeing we are posting pipe dreams...

I want to win the lotto and be super rich. Don't care if other people want to win too. I want this.
  4. Slasher Augur

They won't do anything that requires new animations be put into the game. When they did the race/class combo they said no new race/class combo would be added that required new animations.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

He didn't say a race class combo, he said a new class entirely. There's already basic spell and attack animations for all the PC races.
    I want all the abilities of a cleric and a paladin in one class, with the best skill values taken from each. The paleric.
    When you log in the first time it says "Congratulations! You won EverQuest!"
  6. Edrick Augur

Mithaniel forbid if such a combination were ever to take place.
  7. Malachi Augur

Godmode dps tank class with healing, and a pet please. Also want all buffs available to me k thanks!

Oh and only gnome usable! Get this done!
  8. guado Augur

Ok then I would like Reptile reverted to the original state back from DoDH, and a 90 minute duration on Stemfang with no hit limit.
    noclue and Mykaylla like this.
  9. silku Augur

I'd rather see war + mage ;) Big damage shields and nukes for aggro. Though war+wiz could be interesting. Insta nukes for aggro and teleports.

I'd also like to see a true war+enc hybrid. You could argue bard is that, but I think bard is pretty far from enchanter in the way their abilities work. A rune based tank could be very interesting.
  10. Sebbina Augur

The Warrior/Druid is called a ranger and can't main tank, heal or nuke, but is a good DPS class, the warrior/cleric - Paladin and the warrior/Necro - Shadowknight can tank, but aren't able to handle the healing of a cleric or the Dots of a necro. Fortunately for you the Warrior/Wizard hybrid already exists, we call it Magician, the pet tanks and the magician nukes, the pet isn't intended as a raid tank, but the nukes are fairly good, just not quite wizard good.
    I have wanted a Rogue/Enchanter hybrid, cant DPS like a rogue or cast like a chanter, but, would be able to mimic almost any mob it can target and become non KOS to it, I call it a Diplomat, haven't really worked out much about it other then being a mostly useless spy.
  11. Fendy Augur

Pretty sure it's been posted in the past that the game is hard capped at 16 races, 16 classes.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Koveras Elder

If EverQuest is ever going to have any new classes at least give or take up to a total of 20 I can think of ideas (since the thread is simply titled New Class Request and without an exact definition I'll lay down my ideal request here).

Anchorite
    1: If EverQuest is going to ever have a *4th* Priest Class, they should create the Anchorite, this Priest Class will primary be wearing robes.
    2: While Cleric spell line is mainly focused on healing the Anchorite on the other hand is focused on utility as well as some somewhat opposite versions of the Cleric's spells, such as Anchorite casting an seemingly opposite version of the Cleric's Retort Line as well as an opposite version of the Cleric's Vie Line.
    This version of the seemingly opposite version of the Cleric's Retort Line will simply cause the mob to proc self damage on the mob oneself until the buff fades or until the limit runs out whichever happens first, in trade it buffs the target's target with a damage shield that's opposite to the Cleric's Mark of Erion/Tohan line as it heals the player character and deals damage to his/her opponent 5 times.
    3: Anchorites will even have a Bestow Curse Line as they have lived hard lives and in trade make it hard on their enemies.
    4: Anchorites will have *sword wielding pets* that are in par with Beastlords.
    5: Unlike Clerics, Anchorites will be wielding 1h slashing weapons, yes this includes long swords
    6: Like Clerics, Anchorites will also be wielding blunt weapons.
    7: The Anchorite's Epic 1.0 & Epic 2.0 Quest should be a 1 Handed Long Sword (if this class is ever allowed to be introduced, I deeply recommend introducing the Epic Quests for later on).

Ninja
    1: The Ninja Class hence the name Ninja, this is a hybrid between both a Rogue and a Wizard.
    2: Unlike Rogues, Ninjas will primary be wearing leather armor.
    3: While the Ninja will have some spells based on the Wizard Class they'll also have some spells that completely set aside from the Wizard Class in order for them to stick out on their own (some of the Ninja spells will also focus on throwing stars).
    4: Ninjas will be able to duel wield 1 handed weapons and unlike Rogues, they'll be able to use 2 handed weapons as well.
    5: While Rogues will Backstab their opponents, Ninjas on the other hand will *Sneak Attack*, this requires the Ninja to be invisible (by Hide & Sneak or otherwise) and in trade the Ninja must not have aggro beforehand, the player can press the Sneak Attack button and deal a large amount of damage in a single swipe if it succeeds.
    6: Like Rogues & Bards, Ninjas can also use Shroud of Stealth
    7: Ninjas at later levels will have some invis spells that will also pose a chance to rid aggro on the spot.
    8: Ninjas will have different versions of the Shadow Step spell, with one version causing the opponent to be rooted and in trade the Ninja moving to a different location (very small chance of catching aggro however...)
    9: The Ninja Epic 1.0 should be two Ninjaken Swords while the Ninja Epic 2.0 should be a Bo Staff (if this class is ever allowed to be introduced, I also deeply recommend introducing such Epic Quests for later on).

Yep, these are ideas I have in mind for new classes in the event should it ever happen.
    silku likes this.
  13. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

That's OK, Halfling Druids needed to go anyway, amIright? :p
  14. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Spellsword/battlemage?

Nukes/bolts + enchanted swords, yes please. I would make one. :p
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

With the release of a God illusions item, anything is possible!

Actually, this seems to be the most feasible path for a new class. A secular knight hybrid. With all of the new tradeskill trinkets (i.e. Tick Tock Bombs, Goo Guns, Crossbows), it might not be out of the realm of possibility to tailor this kind of class. It would be something like a "Mystical Knight." Lorewise, it would have been better released at Prophecy of Ro. A Mystical Kirin would be its AA mount of choice.

It would be nice to see some return to Eastern traditions. The katanas and wahizakis of Veeshan's Peak, Stonebrunt Mountains, and Stillmoon Temple. An expansion exploring Rodcet Nife, Zan Fi, Wu, Po, and Tynn. Of course, I mean the Pandas of WoW (/sarcasm).
  16. Iila Augur

Druids are cleric/wizard hybrids, and rangers are druid/war hybrids, so rangers are (clr/wiz)/war hybrids.

For one of the coolest caster/melee hybrids I've seen in a game, check out the Arcane Blades in Tales of Maj'Eyal. They get a selection of the basic archmage schools, plus access to the dw, 2h, and 1h+shield trees, then to tie it all together, the class tree that enables them to proc a basic attack spell on any melee attack. With a chance that scales up with stats, and plenty of access to abilities that give additional attacks.

They're like the proc-dmg ranger idea from Kunark weapons. Except good, and and taken to its logical goal in far better ways than EQ's system could hope to.
  17. guado Augur

Oh Hard Caps. LOVE THEM.

Extra forage for Druids?

No Thanks I'll stay at 252.
  18. Serriah_Test Augur

I want a sword that procs Chuck Norris.
  19. Brohg Augur

I don't understand this request. What does the class even do? Like... plate tanking, bard/cle level? melee damage … again bard level, I suppose? Nukes ~druid level, supplanting actual agro & tanking things? Discs would be a mess. Do they carry a shield? Why would anyone want to be this?

There's no world in which any of this comes to be, but I still wish I got it at all…
  20. IDotPeople Augur

Uh, I heard that thumbs down meant agree, and thumbs up meant disagree, contrary to what Hollywood shows you of the caesars. Is that what you really trying to say?

More information on that one here.
    Uxtalzon and Fenudir like this.