Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhodz Augur

Frankly we might be more shocked if there wasn't something amiss.
  2. Malokhan Elder

Just went on Lockjaw to practice my twoboxing (PC and laptop), and there are level 1-3 mobs in the Nektulos area, mostly walking over the top of the hill near that high level mob. It would be enough for maybe 3-4 people, even on an auto-respawn that is too low for an opening day rush. On the upside, I think I killed about 10 mobs and ding'd level 2 with a two box group so people will push out of the area fairly quickly.
  3. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

There is no way you killed "about" 10 mobs and dinged lvl 2 on a duo. I solo killed 20 mobs, 5% per mob to ding lvl 2. Come on now.
  4. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

Exactly, this is the gottach moment for agnarr like the Phinny exp rate :)
  5. Snorl Lorekeeper

So relax until the server has been out for a few days, or fight for mobs, or walk off away from the Neriak entrance to kill mobs, or start in another city, or just walk to another city..... or complain endlessly on the forums about something so minor that is very likely not going to change and that no one will care about a couple days after agnarr launch.
  6. Trevalon Augur

Hope this gets fixed. Yea its just a few levels at the start but when there are 40+ people all standing around one spot and your only getting 1 mob every 5 minutes, that level 1-3 is going to take your hours instead of 45 mins everywhere else.
  7. Zapford Elder

Sure he could have. I tested this today with a monk in Qeynos. Hand in note gives less than 1%, killed 11 yellow decaying skeletons, and dinged. A little more than 9% per kill. Probably could have killed 20 white cons just as fast, but still, "about ten" is totally plausible.
  8. Protocol Dragon Defender

Logging into Vulak and checking out how these same zones look there vs Lockjaw/Ragefire is pretty striking.
  9. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

He was in a duo so I doubt each person in a duo gets 9%
  10. That One Guy Augur

The fact that this is even an argument is about the best thing on these forums.

No! That guy clearly exaggerated on how many mobs he killed and we won't stand for such blasphemy. I'm glad we have such amazing people to stand up for the truth. Don't let people exaggerate! Call them out each and every time!
    Malokhan, squidgod and Zapford like this.
  11. Zapford Elder

/sigh
  12. Rhodz Augur

If this is all then I would say great news. Sure did not have to happen and is laughably questionable but NOTHING like the PH xp surprise. Now should we find this was not all of it and things start looking squirrelly further into the launch then reconsidering may be reasonable.
  13. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

Do I think this will be a deal breaker, no. Should they have just left it as it was, yes. Don't fix what isn't broke.
    Rhodz likes this.
  14. Rolento23 Journeyman

so i had to reread the beginning of this thread to make sure they really did say this was intentional. If it is then I dont understand why ALL newbie zones werent changed. Since there are reports that WFP along with many other starting zones have tons of lvl 1-3 mobs. Sounds like the best course of action is anyone starting in a city that was changed, migrate to a different newbie zone to level.
  15. Rhodz Augur

I suspect the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing and well things go weird.
    Absor is as good as his word, he will look at it Monday but no promises on results.
  16. Wolrok Elder

This. Also I don't buy "extra spawns to help newbie berserkers". When berserkers were added, there weren't that many people in newbie zones. They were in the tutorial. Also Nektulos didn't even exist in its current form yet.
  17. Tseroth91 New Member

i just wanna know which dev thought: hey wanna know what would be great right before launching a new server? Nerf starter zones! They wont even notice!
  18. Rhodz Augur

yep
  19. Pictarous Augur

In before "Working as Intended"
  20. Stigmas Elder

I guess it is a good sign, if this is the biggest issue right now? Just run to common lands, this issue is gonna add like 10min to your level 1-10 grind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.