Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locnar Journeyman

I was in EQ beta in 1999 and of course then first day of release onward (rallos zek). And I'm here to tell you the game was not easy back then. Don't want to get into that debate, but we don't need to crucify the developers for implementing classic orthodox changes.

We should encourage them to quickly add in as many more before Agnarr drops. Actually its time to make a thread about human/halfling xp bonus correction, especially in light of race change potions being in game day 1. Hold on.
  2. Tachya Elder

Yes. Now let's get rid of kronos and exp potions too then, shall we?
  3. Rhodz Augur

No it was easy if one played cautiously, want a hard game take up chess or go.
    Also we dont have pedigrees around here concerning when we started playing this game, does not buy squat in short.
    I am encouraging them to leave what aint broke alone and just let us play the dam game.
  4. andross77 Elder

Good to know we are the same. Hopefully next time your post is more useful than pointing out the obvious. Thanks!
  5. squidgod Augur

So, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but considering that the low-level mobs outside of Nek were wolves, skeletons, snakes and spiders (iirc)—all of which just got their models changed back to the classic version (and could we please get a toggle for this, like with the elementals and Luclin models? thanks)—maybe they're spawning correctly, but for some reason they're just not appearing on screen for players? I don't know why it would affect some zones and not others (Tox is spiders, snakes, kobolds, rats, all of which are now using old models), but some combination of that and this GoD spawning script thing makes the most sense to me.

I do have to agree with a lot of the people in this thread, however. Was this really the best time to mess with mobs and spawning mechanics in the newbie zones in a game that's so old and probably code-bloated and the smallest change could screw up tons of things?

And finally, since these are the EQ forums after all, allow me to say that I'm rolling an Erudite necro, so hahaha, suck it delfs and barbs and such.
  6. Rolento23 Journeyman

The thing is. Ive played the last few TLPs and you WANT mobs there. I cant begin to tell you how many people will be in these zones. Second, its just a few zones this is effecting. That alone tells you something isnt right. WFP and many other newbie zones are fine.

My suggestion is for anyone that starts in a dead newbie zone, move to one that isnt. Its going to be survival of the fittest for a long time. Its going to be insane. What they did definitely wasnt intentional. and im sure they will fix it before launch. IF NOT, run to FP if you are a DE
  7. Rhodz Augur

That is kind of what I was wondering also on the graphics but only guilt by association since it should not be like that , as far as that goes.

Be fun watching DE try to run to guards for help in WF... I would log on just to watch it.
  8. Snorl Lorekeeper

Sure there are less level 1 mobs in Nek. Big deal. The only ones I can see really upset about this are the powerlevel groups who planned to exploit the out of era mob counts in nek/everfrost or what ever to try and get ahead of the curve to dominate the level 50 open world content, or the krono farmers. Both of these groups likely put a lot of time into test runs levelling toons in all the newbie areas to find the path of best xp, least contested, etc. and with this change all that work is down the drain. Oh well get over it.
  9. Rhodz Augur

That assumption may not be accurate.
    It would affect those NOT in preformed groups far more than those with a plan and the people to carry it out. They just zoom through no problem. Meanwhile in WFP birds are singing and the sun is shining as life is good and the mobs are plentiful.
  10. Rolento23 Journeyman

You sir have no idea wtf your talking about. That'ts not the issue at all. Its the fact that EVERY OTHER newbie zone has 1000s of mobs, and the select few do not. I dont know what race you plan to start, but I can already tell you will be the first to come to the forums and complain about how there is nothing to kill in any starting zone
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

This will actually work out better for the preformed powerleveling groups because they will be able to plow through level 3+ mobs while the casual soloers are ones getting the shaft. Way to think this through.....
  12. Snorl Lorekeeper

Wildy exaggerating isn't really going to get anyone on your side. I'm sure you will hit level 2, and never look back at how silly you were being over the "level 1 mob nerf".
  13. Snorl Lorekeeper

k
  14. Catashe Augur

Why? No DEs even the evil classes are KOS to the Freeport Militia... So as long as they don't go into the city and get close to the Paladins/Priests.. They'll be perfectly fine
  15. Rhodz Augur

Heh see learn something new every day
  16. Syllestrae Elder

Wut?

I'm a very casual player, and I would be super irritated if this happened to Qeynos and I had to jog up to Everfrost to hunt at level 1.

This is a progression server. The whole point for a lot of people is to relive the nostalgia of when they first started playing this game, and that's hard to do if scarcity / non-existence of mobs to fight pushes you out of your favorite starting area and over to some other race's slum.
  17. Tachya Elder

This is an example of a mature person being neutral, logical and unbiased, right? I rest my case.
  18. Rhodz Augur

The fact remains Absor did not know about it so I do not think for one nanosecond it was intentional.
    His original posts were strictly about numbers and respawn rates not locations, once he saw the zone he suspected someone was playing games with the mobs. Then finally says he will look at it Monday with not the slightest indication there was no problem.
    So go ahead argue I am going with that.
  19. Tachya Elder

Ugh, of course we'll manage, but why make this stupid change in the first place?

The point of posting here was to make Daybreak aware of it. Yeah, we should've known they would blow if off. Alchemy isn't broken.

Well, at least they can't say we didn't tell them, no one who has been around the block a few times is surprised by any of this (including the amount of trolling here), and if this turns into yet another slightly botched TLP server launch, it won't surprise anyone either.
  20. Anarth Lorekeeper

Just gimme that sweet sweet newbie mob exp back plz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.