Need Help - Returning Player (Client Issues)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Unrest_Revelations, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Unrest_Revelations Apprentice

So I just signed up for the new TLP server after a good 12 years off. I'm boggled however. I played this game extensively through the GOD expansion with hardware 20X slower than this. I've got 2 - $3000 Gaming Systems and the game is acting horrible. Specifically logging in and the first time coming in to game is taking forever. Sometimes it sits there for over 2 minutes. Tried it on both my PCs. What gives? Sometimes they wont login at all and I sit at a black screen.

I play other intense FPS graphic games far more demanding a no network or performance issues but as of now EQ is running worse than it did 12 years ago. Basic install, no mods.

I also have a second account that I reactivated so that I could legitimately box and its not letting me log them both in (yet its 2 physically different machines). My understanding is that this should work. Can anyone help? Ive spent more time trying to get in game then actually playing.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Unrest_Revelations Apprentice

Reading your help led to other threads then to other threads etc. Eventually got it. For those reading this having similar issues, here's what did it for me:

1) Moved EQ to my root drive C:\Everquest
    2) Updated my Desktop Icon to the new path
    3) Right Clicked on icon and went to properties (selected all users run as administrator)
    4) Opened the Eqclient.ini file and made sure all resolutions in this file were set the same as my desktop resoultion
    5) Updated my directX to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Thanks CatsPaws!
    Yinla, Duder, CatsPaws and 4 others like this.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

Thank YOU for letting the community know what worked!
    eepok likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes that is extremely helpful to us all for you to have come back and posted! Welcome to the game! And nice to see that direct x 9c helped fix it.
  6. Unrest_Revelations Apprentice

No problem guys. Also one HUGE help I found was if you're really having issues the easiest way to fix most login /blank (or black screen issues) is simply to go in and set the following line in your eqclient.ini file:

WindowedMode=TRUE

A lot of these issues I see stem from DirectX, Resolutions and the ini File.
    Metanis likes this.