NDA Lifted .... Pros and Cons please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morgoth, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Goth Augur

I think you might already know this but the main problem i see with EQ is that changes take so long to be made.

You guys let some things go on way to long before they are fixed. Just take a look at some of the big changes/nerf/fixes in the past year. many of those issues went on for way way way to long. it made it to common place in the game so once it was fixed it really upset the player base.

So you need to identity issues sooner and fix them faster. Although, You have been very good about notifying people of fixes in advance of them being fixed.
  2. Ploww Lorekeeper

You guys do great Absor.

I was luckily the first one into xpac on test and am having a blast. I can see if people don't want to buy the expac for a ton of boxes but if you're "refusing" to buy you're missing out, and I'll guarantee you'll be back to game after your supposed quitting anyways :p
  3. Razgadz Lorekeeper

btw - who came up with the idea of the 'Mount Key Ring' as THE new thing in the Expansion ?

If that's what People where asking for as a feature for the next EQ Expansion i really have to consider finding another MMORPG ...
    I have like a few 1000 other things that come to my mind when thinking about features i want in the next Expansion ...
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Makavien Augur

Thats not entirely true though the customer doesn't always know what they really want but once they see the product they are always right about their feelings about it afterwards.

My biggest wish for any new expansion atm would be the reduction of the ui bloat . By upgrading abilities to stagnate old abilities completely . Combining old abilities so we don't have to make a macro of 5 and another macro of 5 things to do one objective , and tabbed chat windows.
  5. Absor Developer

I'm listening. What are your ideas?
  6. Laronk Augur

An illusion keyring! Actually I didn't know mount storage was an issue until this was a feature =)
  7. Xeladom Augur

In this case it looks like 90%+ or your customers are in agreement. Not thousands of different opinions.
    Melanippe and silku like this.
  8. Geroblue Augur

More space in the character bank, definately more space in guild bank. Since the pictures only work in guild housing that come with each expansion they should be fixed so they are placable in the old guild halls. Smoe of us might want to decorate our guild halls, but cannot get enough plat flow to use housing.

Those are my suggestions for things to add to an expansion.
  9. Hayzeus Augur

You see Laronk, this is exactly what Absor is talking about. I don't care about an illusion key ring, or a mount key ring. What I want is for my necro spectre pet to be a zombie again. I like zombies. I would give them bonus points if my zombie looked like Merle from the Walking Dead.

They can't please everyone, so they aim at pleasing the majority. For the last year, they have been missing the mark (in my opinion), but I keep hoping that they will get back on track. I know they require resources, and I secretly hope that sales of the new expansion are bad enough that the higher ups at SoE look closer at the reason.

RoF is an awesome example of what the team can do when they have the resources to get the job done. I really hope we get back there because I love this game, and I never ever want it to end.

I will not be buying TDS. I will definitely be resubscribing because I am not going anywhere. I will stay level 100, and I will continue to play in RoF and CoTF.
  10. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Front end for players to design missions/raids. We'll do it for free too, to keep the perpetual monthly $14.99 coming way better than key rings, resizable bags ever can.
  11. Goth Augur

Not dissing the mount key ring thing. But i think its completely lame. Mostly because i don't horde mounts. I dont use mounts so the addition has zero value for me. I use mounts on alts but i dont have a collection of them.

I just don't see a lot of value to this for a selling point for an expansion.. then on top of that from what i have read you only get 10 slots then you have to buy more.. I know you guys talked about it being able to hold 100+? Though you didn't mention you would have to pay for them. I thought people paid for them by buying the expansion?

Do a lot of people really have so many mounts they are overwhelmed? Do they even use all those mounts or are they just simply taking up space because they are a collectible.

More bag space either via more slots or larger bags could have been used for this.

Question. How much actual game play content could have been added if you did not do this? I am just wondering how much was taken from the game play for having this added?
  12. complexication Kassina

Nice, my insta-cast horse aa gave me a mount to put in a bag that I can't put into the keyring unless I buy this damned expansion

Just what I needed...
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

League of Legends.
    Mind you, that game is significantly more popular than EQ, so they have way more resources available both to develop content and discuss that content with the playerbase.
    Or did you mean an MMO example? I won't be able to come up with one; I only play EQ considering that this MMO is enough of a timesink already that another MMO would be a full-time job.
    silku likes this.
  14. Rumstil Lorekeeper

Sure, I can appreciate that class balancing changes are always going to annoy players they affect, but the XP changes came totally out of the blue. Nobody asked for that. There have only been two reactions: annoyed and indifferent. I haven't seen anyone that's pleased. That's a pretty good indication you are way out of line.
  15. Goth Augur

if i was given the option.

• Illusion keyring
    • 2 more zones and more gameplay content
    I would take the content.
    mount and illusion keyrings is cool idea. But the deal is after you use it and have it you are done with it. Yes you still use it regularly but does that really give you game play value?
    So you have your mounts and illusions all neatly organized but yet you have only half of the game play content you could have had..
    I dont know about yall but game play is > this.
    This is the reality you guys have to understand. I dont think they are going to bring in someone extra to make these things. What happens is this sort of thing takes away from something else.
  16. Wayylon Augur

"Features" I would like to see added:

- Trash that doesn't summon
    - Trash that can be CC'd including Root/snare
    - Zones that don't have a magical barrier that has to be removed via questing, you know open world gameplay.
    - XP in previous content remaining relevant, the nerfing of RoF xp imo is just crazy.
    - Some droppable loot after T1 zones, if you ever want a real plat sink or economy that is.

Ya I know, these aren't really features...They are things that should exist in a large open world MMO.
    complexication likes this.
  17. Absor Developer

That's fair. They do a very good job of talking with their customers. Kudos to them for doing so. Their challenges are different in many ways, but balancing heroes is probably very much like what we're talking about here. If you "nerf" a hero you are going to get yelled at. If you buff a hero, you're going to get yelled at. Another good example of how the customer can't be right in a setting where they won't agree on what "right" is. I'm sure they go through a similar process. Gather information, listen to what folks have to say, make your decision based on what you think is best.

I prefer Dota, though...

(Let the Dota vs LoL arguments begin!)

:)

A
  18. Razgadz Lorekeeper

a few examples :

Quest/Task System - Show the Current Task Step or 'tagged' Quest Step in a Window displayed in the UI ( Something like kill 5/20 Mob001 or find x/10 items001 ) - where am i in the current Task - what is my next step. Simply being able to tag some quest and being able to have the Task/quest steps displayed without going through all the active quests.

Quest Items - I know its nice to be able to sell large Container for $$ but wouldnt it be nice to have a huge 'Quest Bag' where Quest Items go in automatically and not have your inventory full of items for different quests ?

a Reason to use different weapons/spells due to immunities to certain dmg types - its rarely used imho espcially not in Group Play - once i have updated to a 'better' weapon most other weapons are useless

Armorsets that are really 'different' - something where you have to consider choosing one or another and not just because of hp/ac/mana/heroics and where it matters getting a full set due to Special effects you gain...

updated character graphics - ok i know that is a lost case ...

An easy to use (Button)script Editor with all those Buttons these days with all those weird things like what to put in first what /alt activate to use etc ... you wont get any new Players with stuff like this

A less cumbersome and unified Task/Expedition/Raid System ...

There's a lot more and i'm sure People come up with lots of ideas ( probably even alot better ones than mine ) i just couldnt believe that Mount key ring was the favourite idea ...

Greetings,

Razgadz
  19. Absor Developer

I would take more zones as well. However, I don't think you'd want zones made by programmers... I love our code team, and I suspect they might be better designers than I am, but I also suspect you'd see some very unusual things. :p

So, no, the mount keyring did not replace content. Not at all. A designer spent a little time writing a document about how it should work, and probably a bit of time chatting with coders during creation, but no content was harmed making that feature.

A
  20. Goth Augur