Multi-Pickzone Domination

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayzen, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Clicking this always trusty bad boy in the crypt works wonders to combat overcrowding.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

tank, healer, healer, chanter, wizzy , wizzy , wizzy (alts) zerker , zerker , zerker . All on own accounts.
  3. Tucoh Augur

That's not even a DPS race as much as it is hitting an berserker/wiz alpha strike and trying to find the loot in the GIBs that are left over.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Precisely the point.
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think the very simplest answer, and what you all really want, are private picks. No more competing for camps, no more greifing, ever again. Since all the camp-able loot is no drop anyhow, there's no reason not to allow it on live servers.

On TLP servers, where most of the loot is still tradeable, DBG doesn't want to lose the demand for Kronos by flooding the market with tradeable items. But on Live? Just let the players enjoy themselves and not be forced at each other's throats.
    Xulore likes this.
  6. Redrum_Redrum Augur

At that point DGB could sell zone specific key unlocked for every in game zone tagged as such for 10 bucks a pop. When you claim it in game it arbitrarily assigns you a fixed instance number for that zone. This would also eliminate grieving caused by auto bot groups that still tend to run without any or very little consequences. Would push those people as well out of common player used normal picks.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I can imagine you running around with one box or something to do a single mob camp and some jerk rolls up with a sloppy 3 box setup and challenges you. Then you pop a campfire and start dropshipping in a world-destroying DPS team that creates nuclear fallout everytime a mob spawns.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

F2P could be forced to use the base zone/freebie picks, or pay for private picks. But I think All Access players already deserve to be able to play the content they pay for, on their time schedule, without being griefed by other players. I don't think they should have to pay extra for private picks, or at the very least some free "Private Pick Keys" could be included in a monthly sub. I like your idea :)
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I would sell two types, Fellowship and Guild picks, so you have some control over who can join you.
  10. Bigfan Augur

I really like this one, zone in is A+ idea.
  11. eqgamer Augur

We have a guy on our server doing same thing. Ghetto play. Reminds me why I hate most people.
  12. Alekzandre Augur

1 player monopolizing 1 camp in 3 pick zones via whatever method, is selfishness and greed. It is amusing to read how these people want to convince us their behavior is ok, and should be respected.

I respect camps, and the community did a pretty good job of controlling camp stealers...before FTP happened. Now you have to many people who try to do whatever they can to get as many drops as they can, to sell for plat or Krono, so they can play free. Then they come on the forums and try to justify their actions as what is the new norm for EQ.

If I go to a zone and I need a camp, and one person is trying to camp the same camp in 3 instances, they are losing one to me. I respect their camp in 1 instance, no more than that.

No form of rationalizing the selfishness and greed is going to make it right.
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

And no form of labeling, shaming or whining is going to make it wrong, either. DBG appears to support and encourage this form of play right now (by the way they choose to implement /picks).
  14. segap Augur

It's not their job to make people act like adults rather than anti-social children. Some of their choices could be better, but regardless of what they do, selfish pricks will be selfish pricks.

Part of the demise of people depending on groups as well as things like server transfers, name/race/gender change potions is it's far to easy to avoid your reputation. We used to self police quite well in the old days when it was hard to run from your actions.
  15. john5 Lorekeeper

I am on your server and witnessed the /ooc commotion on the day you mentioned. A few days later the same person with the same suffix to each alt did the same thing to me. New pick zone appears, I get there first to an empty room, running from another camp- not just /pick-ing over. Suddenly he's zoned over and killing the ph before I can even blink, THEN does a camp check, then plays innocent like "I'm sorry?", "I'm not following you..." Even though I knew he had the same interaction about the same complaint on the same character not long before. He knew it too.

I don't even want to bother with the bag camp. Too stressful to enter the foray of the nasty high end of EQ. I enjoy being casual.

Just saying.
  16. blood & gufts Augur

There some tools which can be used legally.
    Like if person is in a guild, contact the persons guild officers and explain the situation. If the guild is a raiding guild, they got their reputation to guard about, just like they dont want to have warping people in their guild.

They will likely examine if it is true, and then react.

On other hand, if you lie, you just burned a lot of bridges, so be sure its 100% correct.
  17. Bamboompow Augur

Stop being douchebags to other players. Pretty much all that can be suggested.
    Garcielle likes this.