Multi-Pickzone Domination

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayzen, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Rayzen Elder

As I understood it, the /pick zone system was meant to promote fairness in the game. If a zone was full, and everything was camped you could type /pick, and select another instance of that zone. Pretty cool, I thought..well I thought wrong. It seems that people have found a way to abuse this. I logged in to Hardcore Sebilis today, where i had camped out at. There were 2 pickzones available at the time, but Harbringer Freglor was camped in both of them so i stayed at Brogg. I typed /pick as i do occesionally to see if any other instances have opened, and saw that one had just formed, and it said players 0. I got into that pick and ran my rogue down there real quick, and nobody was there, so i ran my other toons down. By the time i got there, the person from the 2 previous pickzones was there saying it was his camp. I said how is that fair...you can claim this in 3 different zones? He said...yes he could. I thought i saw this discussed before, and the general assertion was that it's B.S. people cannot claim camps across multiple pickzones. I realize that the whole pick-zone system is new, and there probably isn't any Disciplinary precedent, for dealing with this. Daybreak needs to do something about this though, because people who are abusing this feature, are ruining the quality of play for other players. If I remember right, it is written that ruining the quality of play for fellow players is a punishable offense. This multi-pickzone Domination needs to be addressed......please.
  2. Derd Augur

Do what we do laugh and say nope.
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

4. Aurastrider Augur

I agree this is crap but lets face it whenever there is the potential for something to be exploited players will find a way. I really hope people that do this are in the minority though. I have no issue with someone bouncing between picks and taking out camps that are not taken but trying to say you are camping multiple zones (that's essentially what each pick is) without actually being physically present in each one is crazy to me. Lets not turn the live servers into what has become of the TLP. This outlaw everything goes, lets screw our fellow players mentality is not healthy for the game. I will say one possible solution if you have the ability is to pull and park tons of mobs in the camp. I mean you are the only one there so that's not really a violation right? When they guy picks over he might not like what he sees and might get the hint.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

So stay in one of them and kill the mob.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Most players respect camps. Most players also do not consider it legitimate to "camp" across multiple picks.

Daybreak does not recognize camps at all. So they won't intervene. The basic "Play Nice" policy of Daybreak encourages people to work it out and that whoever attacks a mob first owns it.

TL;DR: Politely refute claims of camps across picks. Don't ask Daybreak to do anything about it since they don't recognize camps. Try to be as nice as you can about it.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  7. Rayzen Elder

I play on Xegony, btw. The thing is...he wasn't abandoning one pick zone to go to another. He has a literal army of toons, and spreads them out among zones. I actually found out from another player, that he was claiming the nw Sarnak Fort in FM at the same time as well.lol I guess you just can't win against people like this. My bad:(
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I know some people are good but honestly if he is camping now 4 zones with four different groups that he is boxing something has to give. I wont just jump to the he is cheating thing because I know some can do it but his attention is going to be divided. Just dps race him at this point. He will have to decide is it really worth focusing on dps racing you and maybe losing focus on his other 3 groups or just find a new spot for his fourth group and share. Actually I think somewhere in the EULA (I could be wrong) it is a violation to monopolize content which this would be one of those grey areas.
  9. Maedhros High King

Would love to see the cool down time on a 2nd pick to be longer. Right now its around 5 minutes? Crank that up to 30 minutes and it is no longer as efficient to pop from one pick to the other over and over.
  10. Febb Augur

If he is camping all the picks with his box army I would call that monopolizing content. And people who do that usually find out that in the wild wild west, we don't put up with it.
  11. Speathdell Journeyman

Common sense in the most of eq-community is to respect camps. But officially DB doesn't know camps. So I really respect camps, but if such a would happen to me I would dps race hte guy.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

it's completely a jerk thing to do, and as long as there is no official accountability for this behavior, it's like a school where you ask the kids to do everything instead of having the teachers actually their jobs. There's a reason for police to have jobs, nice people cannot win against .
    Alekzandre likes this.
  13. Grummy_NB Augur

People who grief like this will make TheyBreakGames adjust the /pick command to zone you in at the original zone in. That would stop cross pick camping.
  14. blood & gufts Augur

Maybe it is time they do change it, if it prevent cross pick camping.

Like making so when you change pick, you automatically send to zi.

Or maybe, if you killed a named in 1 pickzone, and you kill another in another pickzone within 1 hour, it will not contain any loot.
  15. Intenso Augur

there is no camps in eq according to daybreak
  16. Tucoh Augur

I think changing /pick to prevent you from changing pick zones more than 3 times in a half hour period would cover this and not interrupt "normal" gameplay. It's pretty reasonable for a player to want to switch twice quickly either because they are hunting for a zone with a camp that's free or they're getting a rotting item.

Changing the respawn in HH seb from 20 minutes to 5 would also be great :D I did this with the myconoid king which is a pretty painful camp unless you're doing chores around the house or using multiple /picks.

One guy monopolizing a bunch of spawns is a pretty move. If I wanted to I could dominate all the crypt camps in 4 /picks regardless of who is there, but I'd never do that.I always give people the camp I'm in if it seems like there are multiple people in the group and especially if they're not clearly raid-geared. I can go from logging in and killing mobs anywhere in the world in about 5 minutes, but it can take an hour for someone to finally get the right combination of characters together.

If you have that happen to you, best thing to do is be nice to him and ask him to stop. I try to build a reputation as a dude who just wants to play the game, give people rotting gear and never contend camps, but I still get people who start calling me an botter or whatever as soon as they see my group near them. It doesn't bother me, but most people will act out your talk.

If they don't back down, bring your friends and compete over the camp. Even good 6boxed groups can't compete with real players. Backing them off is a bit of a Pyrrhic victory though. It takes a lot of effort to put a group together (why I never compete with groups of people) and takes very little to move a 6box'd group to a different camp. Additionally people running 6box groups have a massive number of things they need to get (because they have to equip an army of characters), so it's usually not a big deal if they get booted from a camp.
  17. Rayzen Elder

Same thing happened today, except i was firmly there first. In fact, I had cleared all ph's in the 4 room area of Seb crypt once, including Harbringer. On the second time around when i got to Harbringer's room....magically.....he's there trying to say its his camp. so all of a sudden...Freglor spawns, and I tried, but I could not out dps his bot squad. when it popped it auto agro'd on them anyways. I know according to the everquest rules of engagement, the first person to cast on the mob has loot rights. When he's got all those bots in there and the mob spawns..what can i do?lol I just gave up and let there poor, pathetic little person have his room, and killed the rest of the rooms. Some people suggested training him, but I will not do that. I am better than that. I have played this game for 15 years now, and have not resorted to those tactics, although being the victim of them several times. Hopefully this guy get's his 40 bots or however many he has the 40 slot container soon, and maybe i can get in there one day before it's over. And yes, he was also in the other pick camping it as well.
  18. Goranothos Augur

@Rayzen I absolutely would have trained his azz, and laughed about it. There's a time to take the high road, and there's a time for giving someone a good old boot to the face. YMMV.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

I am of the mindset if they want to play thuggish .. I can get down doing that as well .. Watch me as I WIN.. every single dps race as per the no camps rule of dbg... I wont lose in a dps race bet that..
    Alekzandre likes this.
  20. bbanz Elder

How many bots are you up to now, Whulf?