most recent raid soloable? brag here

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hingabe, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Hingabe Augur

i was curious... what class(es) can solo the highest raid content possible? anything theater of blood+? i was thinking mage/necro possibly. maybe paladin.. at lvl 100 those classes are capable of quite a bit.. what are your thoughts?
  2. Torriadore Elder

Hmm ToB? I've done Valik the Cruel recently (paladin). My gear isn't phenomenal, mostly t2 group RoF gear with a raid 2 hander. Interestingly enough his damage ramp-ups do reach a cap, never realized that back when he was a raid target. If you can burst down each Enforcer in Deathknell before he steps forward that event is cake now. Not really sure what else is being soloed these days. I've done the rest of ToB minus Gnarlibramble.
  3. FcsevenXIII Augur

LOL Topic should read "make your class a nerf target"
  4. Hingabe Augur

just curious if 2.5s are soloable by anyone lvl100 now, i 3box bard/mage/necro, but since mercs arent allowed in raid content i was thinking of adding shaman/sk/cleric to the mix, but if i can 3box 2.5s without tank/healer with my 3box when the mage/necro get a little higher in lvl, then i wont worry about it.. 2.5s are the only raid content that im concerned with the ability to solo... RoF group, with that trio and mercs, is just fine.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

For 2.5s, the main problem is scripted events:

You won't be soloing Wailing Sisters ever, which is required to get to the 2.5 mobs. The event's mechanics require 2-3 chars minimum. I don't know how well a person is able to box, but I haven't heard of anyone being successful at doing so. I imagine rangers / rogues are the best shot for this event.

For casters, the mob that drops the 2.5 augment, besides Mayong, mass charms. This again = it requires 2-3 chars at the minimum.
  6. Torriadore Elder

I box demi plane frequently.

You need minimum 3 classes total, 1 healer w/ RGC for Tris (2 healers total is best because of charms), stuff like selo's is a bonus for sisters. You also need 1 melee type in the mix for Roley stakes.
  7. Trajet D'Or Augur

It's probably Islands of Sand - Sanctum Somnium 4.

If that can't be solo'ed yet or if you exclude that because someone solo couldn't get to that event then I'd go with Guardian of the House from T3 Thule.

Terror in the Dark and The Roots of Evil T2 Thule and The Gatekeeper - Convorteum 1 are way past Prophecy of Ro and can most likely be soloed.
  8. Coruth Augur

your tossing some of the easier raids out there. easy yes. soloable i doubt it. Doesnt Island have a timer too?
  9. Trajet D'Or Augur

CV1 is an 18k hitter per Alla and 2 of his spells are interuptable per EGL. I'm not going to Level, AA, gear and learn to play a Paladin but nothing about that suggests something that can't be soloed.

At the very least atleast start the discussion with something like Halls of Fire - Crystallos1 and not PoR. If you're going to object to that how about Clankwrench? Queen Malarian? Move 3 or 4 expansions past PoR before starting the discussion.
  10. shiftie Augur

There have been plenty of things soloed past PoR, just nothing worth talking about. I did a PoR event 4 years ago IIRC.

There are a lot of things that are probably solable now. I always wanted to try house upper but the golem with his pseudo FD would be really annoying. A lot of things have dps checks, timers or overcomplicated scripts that make it so you can't beat them. The grounds event has a hard timer for instance and will be a while before someones dps can exceed the hard timer if ever. Uhmmm... yeah drawing a blank on what would be worth it or wouldn't require help to either activate or clear to it while at the same time being worth actually talking about.
  11. Recnarp Augur

Gatekeeper?
  12. Tegila Augur

clankwrench gets solod all teh time for pure ps access, tahts ntohing new best to move past there.

making me want to go do cv1 to test it out though...i bet sod tower 1 could be solod by the right class though, its a pushover for a group withotu trying.

ToB stuff has been mostly soloable for a while also so we're onto crystallos+ at this point. im not someoen that normally goes otu to do such things jstu to do them though, but i may go try gatekeeper in cv for overhaste/raid augs for my rgr

take that back no overhaste i thoguth there was, not gonna try to solo it atm but are gonna take buddy and cpl alts that are raidflagged and play with it to see how he is at this point in the game, and do second event. if you do them 1 mob at a time that one may be soloable too if first is

anyone remember his hps? trying to figure minimum dps needed to kill in 5 minutes. not concerned with solo atm, but least needed to get both achievements
  13. Tegila Augur

thinking of duoing then late soloing maybe deconstrcuction also. that raid was beyond easy when it was hard, and i still need copiii anyway
  14. Shang Augur

i can solo QUARM.
    Nedrom likes this.
  15. Falos Augur

I know raids more current than the one I am about to mention can already be solo'd BUT. I kinda think it's possible for the kaesora council raid to be solo'd... it's really hard for a lot of classes though since it seems to penalize you for overdps and it's easy to accidentally kill one of the bad councilmen before you get each of the other 3 bad councilmen to 5 percent health (if you kill one early they basically insta repop)

Sadly unlike the solteris 3 raid where you can just take your time, the councilmen drastically powerup if you try to go super slow to balance them down. Pretty annoying to accidentally kill one early then have it repop at full health.
  16. EverChanter Augur

I went and solo'd The Tangrin....I win eq?
  17. Talif Augur

<--- soloed Rumblecrush

try not to be too jealous
  18. Siddar Augur

Most raids starting with TSS item revamp simple arn't worth the hassle to solo.

I would say many Crystallos and SoD raids are now likely soloable.
  19. shiftie Augur

I don't think you know what you are talking about here lol.
    Loratex likes this.
  20. Shang Augur

Did you Dire Charm Pendle Dashinger to do so?
    EverChanter likes this.