More wizard nerfs? Really?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aaay, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhodz Augur

Trust us Vrinda no one has a clue what is going on at DBG and that may even include them.
    Some of this stuff is just inexplicable.
    Was toying with the idea of bringing up a Wizzie just due to not having done one in forever but...

Beginning to think its that time again.
  2. Manaelil Elder

This latest wiz nerf is seriously unbearable. The class is almost unplayable now. A toddler could play a wiz without difficulty now.

How is it possible that literally every change made to wizards in the past year has been a bad one? Every nerf orients wizards towards more mindless button mashing. I could literally play the class with one hand now.
  3. Lumbejack New Member

Glad i read this post before going to start a wiz. Thanks for the heads up.
  4. Manaelil Elder

I can't understate how badly this change has destroyed this class. After raiding once with this garbage I think I'd rather quit the game than continue as a wizard. Without the forces all a wizard has to do is cast spell gems which is MINDNUMBINGLY BORING. This change is the stupidest thing I have ever seen and has obliterated what little faith I ever had in the Devs.
  5. Kennebell New Member

*sigh*

I'd waste words, but I'd have better luck taking a leak on my wall to change the color than getting anyone working on the dev team to read this thread lol.
    Kravitz likes this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Lets be honest here, No class is really that hard to play, any of them could be played one handed.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Hostility Elder

[IMG]
    Sancus and Ravengloome like this.
  8. Critts Augur

Cost benefit as far as mana goes isn't the issue. It's the inability to use the abilities because a wizard would have to not be able to see they are loseing around 600k damage each time they hit a force button on a burn. Btw I have a toon named Tarted if it offends you plz petition it and have DBG change her name.
  9. Manaelil Elder

Sorry I let my red hot wizarding passion get the best of me. I have a bad habit of posting when angry. Don't get me wrong this change sucks big time but its not the apocalypse I made it out to be in my last post.
  10. Igniz Augur

While I don't see the neccessity of a nerf to wiz, especially not to the "flavour" part and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys that these changes will be reverted back to their original state, what amuses me most is that a lot of disgruntled wizards are now stampeding into the forums, using arguments magicians used earlier, when nerfed, only to get told by wizards to "shape up", "take the nerf like a man" or "git gud"...

"Wizard nerfs dont only hit wizards but everyone!", "But Elidroth stated that it is meant to be like this when it was introduced", "We have ONLY been nerfed the last few years!!!",

Damn guys, just be glad they didn't cap your primary DPS spell's critical chance to 40% after force-feeding you said primary DPS spell line in the first place!
    Sancus and Vdidar like this.
  11. kizant Augur

They didn't? The wiz AE rain out damages our ethereal fire nuke and has a lot shorter cast time. I'm pretty sure everyone used to use it until the nerf.
  12. Igniz Augur

I am pretty sure most wizards went all ethereal even before the nerf (at least the ones I worked together with at that time). You know, with the rain being AoE and so ... also, I highly doubt that wizard's rain outperforms ethereals in the long run (burns included and with rains not using worn spell elemental foci).

With said patch, mages took a very hefty hit to their DPS while wizards merely shrugged.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Critts Augur

That was because mages were not beating them on burst anymore while tanking all group content and summoning bread. The best burn pre AE nurf did include one rain spell and it became useless after the nurf. Now if the AE hit as many targets as a Zerkers AE can hit it would be a different story.
  14. Igniz Augur

Mages were not beating wizards on burns even before the nerf. Well, at least not wizards worth their salt ...
  15. Cicelee Augur

You are an awful embarrassment of a wizard if a magician is beating you on a two minute parse...
    Kaenneth and Sancus like this.
  16. eqnewb New Member

[IMG]
    Ravengloome likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You're wrong. Wizards used our rain until it was nerfed the same as Mages. Any one that didn't was losing a lot of DPS or was doing raids that couldn't/shouldn't be AE'd.
    Igniz and Reht like this.
  18. Sancus Augur

While this is true, the DPS hit Wizards took from that change really isn't comparable to how much the nerf hurt Mages.
    Igniz, Spellfire and Reht like this.
  19. Naugrin Augur

Wither and Decay....Zerker 192 million damage....me 111 million damage....it's a good thing we got nerfed.
    Critts likes this.
  20. segap Augur

I don't recall many wizards being sympathetic to zerkers, rogues, monks, etc in TDS where similar disparities existed in wizards' favor. The game is cyclical. Zerks have gotten a well deserved boost in TBM. I'd expect the pendulum to sway in another direction in the next content release. You can't expect to always be on top.

This doesn't mean I don't believe the change was stupid. I just think the whining, complaining and pointing fingers at other classes is uncalled for.
    Sheex, Vdidar, Igniz and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.