More Plat Fun!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Achillez, Jan 27, 2024.

1. code-zero Augur

Let me get this straight, Oakwynd is dead because some of you are still mad about a plat dupe?
    fransisco likes this.
  2. Elabone Augur

you mean the plat dupe that caused a mass exodus from the server and cut the population in half? Why would anyone be mad about that?
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

I know what you're saying but the meaning I'm taking is that you're mad because anyone playing there isn't doing whatever you did. You aren't playing there are you?
    fransisco likes this.
  4. Elabone Augur

I am.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

It was a bad exploit and it was allowed to go on for well over a week, they knew it was happening and did not address it. krono are selling on a server under a 1 year old for basically 1 million plat (just under) and that is CRAZY. Now it makes vendor items easy to afford, but anything player farmed is way too expensive...Like any server BIS items are more than the cost of a single krono and on this server it is like no thanks I will just farm my own....lol

But the issue is the server did lose many players over it....and then quickly lost even more over the Legacy AA issue. The server was humming along well through Velious.
    code-zero and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have not called the server dead and this started as a response to someone claiming the server was on the chopping block and ready to go away. I am just responding to people who claim that FTE or the plat exploit killed the server. Also it is not a violation of forum rules to respond to threads stating why a server isn't dead. However it is a violation of forum rules to attack other players and try to make the tread about them instead of the topic.
    Bailen likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And no one is denying it was a horrible exploit that did damage to not only Oakwynd but other servers as well, just that it didn't kill the server off.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

The Legacy AA issue was bigger to be honest both together that close together is a blow the server is not going to recover from. Regardless of what the population meter reads....and you obviously do not play on the server that is clear or you would have shut up a long time ago....lol
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  9. Tyranthraxus Grognard

To be clear I used the term chopping block metaphorically, as relates to the population decline that is going to happen when the 25th anniv servers release, most people it seems understood my point. You did not and added the going away part yourself. The server isn't going anywhere, but another mass exodus of players are. Daybreak leaves failed servers on life support for years, we all know that.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Can you quote the people (plural)'s posts in this thread where they are claiming FTE killed the server?
    Or is that too much to ask as that too is probably made up in some obscure derivation of some other post?
    This must be fun before this thread gets whitewashed heh.
  11. CdeezNotes Augur

So you're responding to nobody? Because nobody said that. The only one making the claim is you and your made up narrative of what was said on this thread. So I guess, in a way, you're ultimately just responding to yourself?

A violation to make a thread about themselves? So exactly what you do on basically every thread you respond to?
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't need to play on a server to be able to see that it is maintaining one of the highest population of all the Everquest servers.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It hasn't been just this thread that has been claiming that the server is dead and they have been posted since the ruleset was announced.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is not the only time that people have been saying that the server is dead and threads got created saying it was dead because of FTE before it even launched and those continued after as well.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am responding to people who keep claiming that the server is dead for various reasons.
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

1. Now you're goalpost shifting because you cannot admit literally nobody said the server was dead because of FTE or the plat dupe on this thread. Stop bringing up prior threads or other nonsense. That is completely unrelated. Again, with the bad faith arguments. It's ridiculous the garbage you continue to get away with.

2. Nobody said the server was dead. The closest you have on this thread is people stating certain aspects of the server are dead (lower level PUGs, bazaar trading, etc). The ONLY person stating the server is dead is YOU.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  17. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I am confused - Maybe you can clarify (to the query in THIS post, reiterating again as it seems to be an impossible task for you who posts on everything EQ)

You posted "I am just responding to people who claim that FTE or the plat exploit killed the server." (bolding mine for ease of comprehension)

So are you responding to people who claimed things in other threads, in this thread?
  18. Muramx Augur

FTE isn't as bad as I thought it would be from when it was announced. I feel that's mainly because the community on Oakwynd isn't as trashy as say Mischief. I still see the roving boxers that warp on named stuff the second it spawns now and then, but it's nowhere near as bad as past TLP's. I wish they would ban them faster when they are reported. And while there are a couple guilds that are "push, push, push," like every server, I find there to be a lot more casual and intermediate players on the server.

What killed/is killing the server, is the Plat dupe. Spider silks are around 400p a pop, with spiders in EK being camped pretty heavily. The cruddy ornate, the chests are selling for 1.5 million, with Elemental armor going for 3-6kr each and Time weapons going for 20KR a pop. When I was on Mischief, I thought people selling BiS stuff in OoW for 8-10 KR was insane.

If the next TLP has a good ruleset and Free trade it will def kill off oakwynd.
  19. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

You mean the 0.22% (what a negligible percentage, which apparently though has kept on giving!) ? :D The LR prices of Time Gear is nuts, yeah heh.

Also, please don't predict that anything will kill off Oakwynd. You should just watch the server for years and say it once / when / if it happens!

The PoK meat pile is < 30 people most of off-peak hours, something I have NEVER seen on any TLP I have played, during PoP era.
    jiri_ likes this.
  20. Muramx Augur

Mischief had a ton of people in the meat pile during PoP. Every TLP I have been on the meat pile was bigger than Oakwynd's. But that's just antidotal evidence. While the server's population isn't horrible... its not really great.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.