Monk stunning kick removed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aganerral, Aug 24, 2017.

1. feeltheburn Augur

Ask Heather they have all the answers.
  2. HeatherPurrs Augur

It's always nice to see people who are playing seven year old content comment on class defining changes.
  3. HeatherPurrs Augur

Where are you guys fighting that you need to snare a running mob? I cannot recall the last mob that ran. They all fight to the bitter end.

Um... EoK Sarnaks. Just saying.
  4. HeatherPurrs Augur

I do actually. Try lava bombs without snare or stun or grapple or knock back. How is it you know so little about progression?
  5. Thrillho Augur

Do they? I haven't noticed. Must not be a big issue that would require snare.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

LOL who is talking about progression?
  7. HeatherPurrs Augur

Never said, I hadn't completed it. You seem to be of the opinion that unless I'm all for C**k Blocking less leet customers that somehow I don't raid or do high end content. You're wrong.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

your so off track you derailed badly. Not sure who you are conversing with, but its not me, I didnt say anything bout any of that. All I commented on was that you seem to be all knowing is all, had all the answers. Leet btw? That is a matter of who you talk to, can gear up any one in this game and they still cant tie their own shoe laces, its how they play the game that makes them leet.

Personally I dont care for your rants and I know all the answers demeanor, or your comments of how many dont know the class, not sure who died and left you the supreme being of monks, nor am I going to debate your inane banter on the removal of stunning kick, if someone is truly lost without that in the game they need to take up another role. Many ways for our class to work around and push on, it really wasnt the end of the world or something that should be lamented or terribly missed. To each his own imo, but to go on about it the way you do is just beyond me. Crack on.
  9. Elnn New Member

Didn't get a chance to respond yesterday and debated doing so at all, because it's pretty pointless, but:

I'm not sure what is vague to you. i'm not sure that it can be explained more clearly than it already has. Do you want someone to paint pictures and tell stories about how they saved bards lives on adds charging into camp at them or stunned mobs on clerics just in time to get heals off on themselves? or did crazy pulls with lull'ing one, mez'ing 3, stunning 1 around a corner, LoS'ing the next, blah blah blah? You need a bunch of "Cool story bro" examples on how you could use this skill?

The fact that you are saying stuff like that and:

Shows that you don't know the class well at all.

And that's fine, you can play however you want to play, at any capacity - including super casual, and there's nothing wrong with that. But to be on here debating mechanics for something you don't even know about or that part of them even existed is absolutely crazy.

Whatever I guess, me responding to it is pretty crazy too I suppose.
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

That's what's so sad. People who think snare and stun are trivial telling people who actually play the class to it's full potential that "Meh, never used it anyway!" why do you care is like telling drag car drivers "Nobody wears a fire suit, why do you need one?".
  11. Thrillho Augur

A pulling bard should have their finger over their Fade, just like we have ours over FD. If a bard is going to die on the pull, they should know enough to fade. Or mez. Or charm. Or any other pulling ability they have. Why does it come down to the monk to stun a mob on incoming? Why isn't the tank pulling aggro when it's coming in? Why isn't the healer healing?

In terms of pulling, lull still exists. Mez still exists. How often are you doing a pull like that to necessitate keeping stunning kick in game? If there's a group of mobs that come even after you AE mez, pull them to a different spot, cluster them, ID, then mez again. If they still come, use the newest pulling tool we have that pushes mobs away.

And again, are you really holding stunning kick back for when a mob is casting or when it might attack your healer? How much DPS did you lose with that? I had this on my mash key. If I interrupted a spell, great. If not, oh well, it'll be back up in seconds. Monks are more than stunning kick. Never have I ever heard someone say "we need a monk in here so he can stun."

I'd much rather have a DPS increase I can use 100% of the time, than keep stunning kick for situations I found myself in less than 5% of the time.

I repeatedly forgot about crippling strike. I knew there were 3 linked - stunning kick, eye gouge, and crippling strike - but I used it so rarely (never) that it became just another thing to buy at the end of my AA run - "oh right, I have that stupid thing to level up." Running mobs has never been an issue for me in current expansions. I honestly didn't think anything ran in EoK simply because it doesn't phase me at all. Not knowing about this ability because you don't use it doesn't mean you don't know the class well.
  12. Thrillho Augur

We're not saying these abilities are trivial. We're saying they've been replaced with something of more value.
  13. HeatherPurrs Augur

What thing of more value replaced it? Better third tier damage? I'll take utility over third tier damage any day.
    This kind of argument is always moot. Every expansion we get more third tier damage, problem is getting that via trading off utility is a terrible, terrible trade off. Third tier is third tier and how good a class is at third rate damage does nothing for that classes "usefulness".
  14. Thrillho Augur

What utility? Being able to stun a single mob for 3 seconds every 18 (?)? If that was our selling point, why would you not go with an enchanter? Or snare for... however long it lasts every... whatever the refresh time was? Why not go with a wizard? Or any of the other classes that can snare considerably better than we can? This utility can't even be utilized in raids.

I wouldn't say we're third tier damage anymore. This was one of the many changes that has improved our overall DPS.
  15. feeltheburn Augur

LET it go Thrill, debating 3rd world thoughts on this with Yodapurrs is moot, they know better then the rest of us and in their world the best all knowing monk there is. To say I share a class with them makes me want to drive a nail into a wall with my forehead. Just them saying third tier damage alone tells me how clueless and useless they are.
  16. DaciksBB Augur

Only utility I would never want to let go of are Mend and Feign Death. You know, the things we've had since EQ started?

The "utility" we lost were moved to spam skills we never use, honestly wouldn't cry about it
  17. HeatherPurrs Augur

One of us is.
  18. feeltheburn Augur

glad you recognize that you are and we can all now move on.
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

Yeah, I'll say it again. The number of people supposedly playing monks who don't see this for the huge nerf it is, is very telling about the state of monks currently in the game. These conversations are very sad to see. People just don't know. /shrug
  20. feeltheburn Augur

LOL and your the resident authority on monks now?? whats sad is how you dont see how your inane banter on threads such as this probably annoys 98% of the monk community and how they shake their collective heads at you and what you THINK you know and how you know better then most. Your assessment of the community and holier then thou mentality is offensive and really you should just go back to your corner. Speak for yourself and your state of monks and take it elsewhere, most here are frankly tired of your assessment of lumping everyone into your thoughts and basically your stating that your the last of your kind. Dont go away mad.... just go away.