In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Skecpa, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Petalonyx Augur

Have had this happen most frequently with the spider queen in LS Hero's Forge Mission. Northwest building (one on right as you enter the zone), top floor. Pets attack it just fine. But no melee or spells, even when i'm on top of the spider queen.

To fix it, I just wait for main pets to get aggro and either pet push AA, or pet regroup, and the mob/pet will path to a new spot where I can hit them. The interesting thing is that the pathing is all wonky. Very long and circuitous route (moving away from destination, visiting other end of building, etc.) when i try to reposition pet/mob. It's like the spider itself is located under the floor (perhaps there two surfaces essentially overlapping and maybe it's under one of them?).

Hope that helps.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Example in great divide (TOV)

Date/Time: Tue May 07 20:55:25 2024

Zone: The Great Divide

Target NPC: a restless cadaver
    Target Location: -1640.88, -977.63, -83.70, 498.25
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Tonight: Moors of Nokk zone.

Your Location is -378.49, -1219.65, -217.38

That general area the ground is not level. We set up camp around there and pulled mobs. Mage pet was tanking Every fifth to tenth mob we got that we could not hit it. Then we backed off the mage pet which moved the mob and were able to hit it.
  4. fransisco Augur

I've found this is very common in tov/cov when on ice. A great example is the frozen river in the south end great divide tov). Its really hard to fight things on there at all.
  5. Fleebagg Journeyman

Pal`Lomen instance 6552,
    Location 465.05 1264.07 4.06

Encountered the dreaded cannot see the npc. I had to move around to engage.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  6. Fleebagg Journeyman

Got it again in Pal`Lomen 6561
    loc 1242.06, 462.26, 6.68
    Target: a Rallosian warrior
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Cairbrae Developer

When it happens again can you use the /bug command and paste that information here? Please click to include the target for its location.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

It happened again last night in the Final Fugue raid. Goblin was just below the top of the ramp where they spawn, and we had to kill it using pets. Sorry didnt get a loc coordinate.
  9. fransisco Augur

Category: Pathing
    Date/Time: Mon May 20 16:49:37 2024

Character: Level 115 Magician (Main)
    Zone: The Great Divide

Description: I Was unable to nuke the npc at this location when fighting it the entire fight
    Also, its really dumb that all bugs must be handled through the website now. Most people don't come here, and the auto post creation doesn't work for all browsers
    Silvena likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Had the same Sunday night
  11. Scila Augur

It seems to happen any time there is a visible break (or at least I can see it) where a square is visible and the npc is stuck trying to get over the square. I don't know how else to explain it other than using the really old explanation of how movies tried to save money (think Gone With The Wind) and placed frame on top of frame of the same still but now it isn't rendering smooth. Technology has improved vastly since then and it should be rendering smooth.
  12. fransisco Augur

An odd thing that happens is that pets can hit it, but i cannot cast on it
  13. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

This is still problematic. =/
    We had it in the raid with one of the ambush goblins on phase 2 of Final Fugue.