Military discounts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jet-Li, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet-Li Lorekeeper

Does Daybreak offer a military discount, like OnePlay.com?

I think it would be generous of Daybreak to offer vets and their immediate families a discount in recognition of their service.

God bless our brave troops!
  2. Banai Augur

I can't think of a single game to ever offer that. Would be nice though!
  3. Delphwind Augur

I second this!

At least 50% off monthly subscriptions.
  4. Drexll Augur

How would one prove they're a vet?
  5. Darth Augur

Fax a copy of their ID to the company and have it added to the account.
  6. Drexll Augur

If it can be faxed, it can be faked. I bet we'd see an amazingly high number of "vets" per capita. Im not against the idea, just sayin'.
  7. Darth Augur

People gonna scam man, what can I say?
  8. ThedudeAbides New Member

If they cared enough they could partner with ID.me, for online purchases. I've only ever used it for Under Armour but it looks like they have other partners, like Amazon.
  9. Darth Augur

I think 50% is too much though. 20% if more reasonable.

I'm a Veteran, most of us didn't serve for discounts later in life.

EDIT: With that said, I was actually really mad once at a Hotel that told me they don't offer military discounts just Government Employee Discounts but that didn't apply to US Military. I don't remember the Hotel but I hope they went out of Business.
    Drexll likes this.
  10. Delphwind Augur

Looking at this from a greedy perspective, they could stand to make some money off a move like this if it was handled correctly and widespread enough.

Even with the inevitable scammers they could not only start a trend, but become known as the first gaming company (that I am aware of) that offers veterans discounts.

They would however have to remain neutral to all veterans, not just those that serve in the US, but from other countries as well.
  11. Darth Augur

As a US based company they certainly don't have to offer it to anyone but US Veterans. As the cost of vetting non-US Veterans surely would outweigh the benefits of offering discounts to smaller nations.
  12. kraggnar Elder

Veterans don't have ID cards. Active duty and retired military personnel get those. I served three years on submarines. I would have to send in a copy of my DD-214 to prove I was a vet.
    Drexll likes this.
  13. Banai Augur

There's an airline that did the same thing as well. Won't say which one but I was pretty pissed standing behind a guy from the post office as he bought his discounted ticket to be told 2 minutes later that US Military didn't qualify for the discount.
  14. Sheaffer Augur

I am a vet and could not support this idea any less. I'm tired of vets being used as a political and marketing tool
    Adonhiram and Bewts like this.
  15. Banai Augur

I'm tired of people who risk their lives day in and day out getting the shaft when it comes to pay and benefits while old guys that work 12 hours a month and sit in thousand dollar chairs make over $200k a year for the rest of their lives.

Doesn't mean Congress is going to take a pay cut though
  16. MBear Augur

Be careful about complaining about their work...every time they go to work it gets worse.
    The US Constitution only requires them to meet up every other year. Pretty sure we would be better off if they put forth only the minimum effort required!
    It'd almost be worth it to me to pay them 200k a year BONUS just to stop coming to work for a while so we could start to heal without them breaking everything every time they are in the same room together.
  17. Banai Augur

You sir, make a very valid point!
  18. Vaclav Augur

Eh? Been a while since I've seen one, but I swore military IDs had no expiration...?
  19. Eliseus Augur

I agree. The majority of people in the military who spent the majority of their time drinking/playing video games/watching for their couple years of service definitely deserve a discount on services for defending our country from something that we didn't need defending from. I feel even worse for them because none of the knew what they were getting themselves into before joining.
  20. Merau Journeyman

Obvious troll is obvious.
    MBear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.