Military discounts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jet-Li, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banai Augur

Lolol. People wonder why there are those people that mysteriously get attacked by vets with PTSD. Should just direct them to this ignorance.
  2. kraggnar Elder

military id's expire on your discharge date. Also active duty, reserve and retired used different colors. Also dependent id's.
  3. Weverley Augur

I think daybreak would need to have access to the military structure to make sure it's not a fake document but then i can see policeman say they are risking their life every day too
  4. Saglagar Lorekeeper

It's called a VA card, if any of you were Vets you would know this. DUH>
  5. kraggnar Elder

We would have to use the VA 1st...
  6. Eliseus Augur

Good talk.
  7. Sheaffer Augur

Well for starters by no means does everyone risk their life. Two, the military has excellent benefits. World class even.

The pay sucks your first couple years sure but after that it's pretty darn good. Some jobs are underpaid compared to what they could make as a civilian but just as many make way more than they would in the civilian world.
  8. Eliseus Augur

Anyone who thinks everyone in the military risks their lives for us on a daily basis is sorely mistaken. I've had a gun pulled on me outside of the military, I would like a discount everywhere I go. It's sad how many people join the military now and days feeling like the world owes them, or that we should all bow down to them. I am not thankful to people who join the military and expect handouts, just saying.
  9. MBear Augur

Whether you have had a gun pulled on you isn't really the thing, though. The idea that you are joining organization that can be called upon to give up everything to protect and defend an idea, that is the thing worth celebrating.
    I'm not military but I sure do appreciate that there is an organization out there filled with men and women who will get done what needs to get done to keep me free.
    The military is currently being grossly misused but that does not lessen the idea.
    I'd gladly play next to someone that got a discount and payed less than I to play for having served.
  10. Lejaun Augur

I've never been a big fan of the "I'm military, give me a discount" attitude. I think the military 100% deserves it, but I prefer it to be given freely because it's deserved, not because you feel entitled.
  11. Dranix Augur

As a Vet, I actually agree with you. A lot of my old friends have this very entitled mentality and it annoys me. I got a lot out of the military, valuable training, life experience, GI bill, healthcare through the VA forever.. when people say "thanks for your service" it makes me want to laugh - you have no idea what you're even thanking me for. I did it for selfish reasons, I did it because I wanted to and I volunteered not so you'd be thankful.If you utilize whats made available to you its more than enough to get ahead in life. You dont deserve a discount simply because you're in the service and not everyone should offer one - drop the entitled attitude and man up.

I get a kick out of peoples "hero" mentality, I served so respect me! Lol, right. I know a lot of BFs in the service and met a lot of straight up terrible people. If someone tells me they are or were 11b I will treat you like a brother because it is a brotherhood but even that respect only goes so far.
  12. Eliseus Augur

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the military though, that's the thing.
  13. Batbener Augur

I don't know for certain, but if they gave a discount to vets and their families, I am guessing that would be in the 20-30% range of their customer base.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is against the law to make a copy of the CAC besides for medical reasons.

As for a vet discount...could we rattle our own chains any louder?
  15. MBear Augur

Not true I am very familiar with the military, the history, and the role of it. I don't care at all what your personal motivation is, you still joined the organization and served.
    So...thanks for your service. Glad you were able to personally benefit as well.
  16. Dranix Augur

Meh. I got nothing. Nice perspective shift. I was probably unfair with that comment and I would like to say I am thankful for people who show their support. My personal experience isn't going to be reflective of everyone else, I just watched a lot of guys I served with get sucked into this well of negativity and expectation due to their status as a combat vet and I was a little to harsh. Watching the personality shifts after getting out was hard and there are a lot of factors that go into it.
  17. MBear Augur

Yeah, I suppose I agree with where you are going. I don't like the entitled attitude of people and there are certainly many negatives that come with it.
    Guess I just try to focus on the fact that ideas are bigger than people and standing for a grand idea, whatever the motivation, is something I am appreciative of.
  18. Eliseus Augur

This is a terrible outlook to have. Is it good to be thankful for stuff? Most definitely, it is however not good to be ignorant of the truth.
  19. madent Journeyman

you guys want discount from killing people?
  20. Dranix Augur

Yes, thats exactly what I want.

I can troll as well but im better at it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.