Fixed Internally Mercenary died mysteriously

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by J'bone, Oct 14, 2022.

1. LadyQuake Elder

is this being fixed yet? both me and another group member lost our mercs when from guild hall to shar val, keeps happening. Once land in Shar Val they become suspended on their own.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On the post right before yours, the dev is asking for players to let him know if its happening still. Rathlar on June 12
  3. Filter Augur

This exact same thing has happened to me as well. I will pay attention and remember to post here.

4. Iamvulcan AKA ChickenDumplin

Indeed this is still happening. most of time it happens when zoning from the GH to Shar Vahl Divided. there are other places it happens as well but mostly SVD. ToFS is another place it happens
    also, dunno if it helps but i usually zone 3 toons at a time and if it happens it kills all 3 mercs. almost always an all or nothing deal.
    and i have EQ on 2 totally different comps (nothing in common) and it happens on both
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Sounds like the mercs think they are entering a raid zone.
  6. Mikana Augur

Happened to me today, zoned into Shah Vahl from Guild Hall, and merc was dead on arrival. Had to wait for merc timer and click Revive to get it back.
  7. LadyQuake Elder

Yes sent a pm to dev on post before mine. Will do again on next time to.
  8. Mikana Augur

Happened yet again today, ported to NoS Shah Vahl from portal gnome in the guild hall, merc (Journeyman Healer) was dead on arrival. Had to wait for timer, then Revive to get it back. On revive, the merc had no buffs, so it wasn't simply suspended.
    Warpeace, minimind and Nennius like this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Still happening.

GGH to Shar Vahl Divided left the Cleric merc out taking the portal and dead on arrival.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Meeko Developer(Code)

We're adding additional logging information with this month's patch to further pinpoint the issue.
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

I'll happily sacrifice a number of mercs to help solve this mystery.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

And I will be happy to help sacrifice your mercs too. It's only right.
    minimind likes this.
  13. Meeko Developer(Code)

The problem has been located and a fix should go live with next month's patch. If you happen to experience this on Beta (where the fix is already active) please send me a PM so it can be looked into further.

Thanks for the patience as we worked on solving this issue.
    Thunderkiks, Eaiana, Barton and 2 others like this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Any hint as to what the issue was...in simple terms?
    minimind likes this.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

Seconded. We're obviously grateful for a fix, but understanding the problem is a nice cherry on top!
  16. minimind The Village Idiot

Looks like it's time for me to log into Beta and attempt to wipe some mercs from existence!
    Silvena and Nennius like this.