Merc Nurf?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Numiko, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numiko Augur

J5 Warrior merc at level 100... AC = 6674 unbuffed
    J5 Warrior merc at level 101... AC = 3777 unbuffed

Just want to know, is this a feature and "working as intended" or a bug?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wow... just... wow.
    Goddess likes this.
  3. Silv Augur

Already bugged this and posted in some other threads. It's not just the tank merc either. Cleric merc at 101+ is at 4k, and Caster merc at 3.5k AC. As someone pointed out in another thread, it's either a display bug or it's actually screwed up. I could see stagnating stats as intentional but not decreases by almost 50%.

I just hope this issue is resolved sooner rather than later. I'd be a bit annoyed waiting for the next full patch.
  4. Numiko Augur

I don't think it is a display bug, soon as i dinged 101 in a HA my warrior (with top end warrior merc gear and some 70 merc aa's) died twice in a row to trash mobs who before would hardly put a dent in her.

it's what made me check the stats.

ps glad i'm not the only one! was worried it was some account bug!
    Silv likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

Higher level Cleric merc mana pools are shrinking and they're running oom way too fast.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Make sure to /bug this in game as well (if you haven't already.)
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Wow, I'm glad that tank mercs have already been such low DPS that I never rely on them! That's painful for a tank, merc or no.
  8. Gialana Augur

Hopefully this will be fixed, soon. I remember right after RoF launched, healer mercs were bugged. As soon as they hit level 96, their heals healed for significantly less than when they were 95. I think that was fixed within a week.
  9. Matari Augur

Guess it's time to PL my cleric... The mercs were a wasted investment.
  10. drkoli Augur

even with the ac nerf a merc tank with only the bp we got with CoTF last year can tank 2 at a time in tempest temple atm

i was also with a 104 wiz doing cooper #1 who was using a merc tank and a 101 cleric merc and the merc tank was doing fine with 2 at a time.

maybe its just my experience with them but so far i havent had any bad deaths with my mercs. however, the merc tank does seem to either rush the mobs WAY to early or sometimes take to long to start attacking the mobs so thats an issue
  11. Matari Augur

The mercs Wizards have horrible AI - if they are not in spell range they drool...
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Stickietoes Augur

Wizard mercs don't burn the earth elemental's in Katta, but the fire, air, water... no matter the /con

They also don't burn a lot of white cons in Brother island.
  13. wingz-83 Augur

Probably because like earth pets , they have more HP.

There is an issue with burn where if the mob has over so many HP it will not burn. It was like 2m or so i think.
  14. Matari Augur

You have to position the wizard merc for it to nuke properly. Now you are saying I cannot use it if the mob has more than 2 million hps? Just another reason to box another character.
  15. Everstorm Augur

So, they bug mercs and as a thank you you give them more money? That will teach them!
    Darkening likes this.
  16. Rytan Developer

The 101 to 105 mercs had their tanking abilities adjusted to be have a more even spread of avoidance vs mitigation, so as to more closely approximate player tanking ratios. IE, their AC went down a bunch, but their avoidance was majorly increased.

Previous to the change, most mercs had their AC so high, that it had essentially minimized their chances of getting hit for any of the higher values on the damage table. Which meant that adding AC with buffs, gear,etc did basically nothing. Now that the spread is more even, AC bonuses will matter much more than they did before.

And yes, we accounted for strikethrough in the changes.

As always, open to feedback on the changes.
    -Ryan
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Makavien Augur

Have you ever played this game ? So basically you just nerfed all the merc equipment and aa you added last expansion ?

You guys need to fix things and design more content instead of wasting that time nerfing things.

Tank mercs were a joke.
    Now they are two jokes in one.

Healer mercs take 3 ... again 3 to equal 1 real healer

Wizard mercs die to aes and stop dpsing named and now trash too. They also take aggro before the npc is in camp when being pulled by a puller or before the assist even targets an npc and they die horribly.

Glad I didn't have the money yet to buy the expansion because every bug and problem I read is making it easier not to when I do.
    Lisandra, silku and Evercluck like this.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

I think you need to re read that, He made it so that the equipment was more relevant.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Brogett like this.
  19. Matari Augur

Was this in the patch notes? So you fix something that has always been broken and no real explanation?
  20. Numiko Augur

Interesting.... as gear will matter more for mercs will they finely be able to get something better then a 75 AC no stat BP? .. they are supposed to mirror players you say..but I do not know any level 100+ warriors how wander around in such gear.

They may have been brought closer to the stats of a naked level 101 warrior, but i do not know any PC warriors who will go into a fight with 4-5K AC....

Also while the increase in avoidance is nice, by letting them get hit for "higher values" more often wont that open them up to more dangerous damage spikes which has always been the bane of Tank mercs and the reason most people do not use them?.
    Lisandra, beryon and Evercluck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.