Memorial to Armourcarr

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Myysterio, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Myysterio Lorekeeper

Our server GM (Spoom) suggested I post this in here so I figured I'd give it a go

We've recently found that a long term staple of our server died back in August and as he spent 24 years on rallos zek and zek buying and selling stuff in the bazaar and building amazing things in housing, if it's possible to get his houses upkeeps frozen. The town is public and is "Cedar County Meadows" and the characters he used to build the houses are Armourcarr, Fentallen, Gonefishing, Jodiarius, kaeadas, Timedeenchanter, Toriblack, ventodiavolo, Vinney, warrhouse, windakin, and zemanova. There's also a couple guild halls that he likely had something to do with but I'm not certain of. He clearly put a ton of passion into his creations and he was well regarded even on our chaotic little trash server.
  2. Fargrim New Member

When I returned to EQ about two years ago after a long hiatus one of the first things I did was check the Bazaar to see if Armourcarr was still pedaling his wares. He was a very helpful and kind person to me and people I know, often discounting items if plat was an issue years and years ago (when it actually was at times). I was saddened to hear of his passing and hope that Daybreak will see fit to immortalize his creations as mentioned above at the very least. Maybe, just maybe we'll someday get to run into Armourcarr (Bazaar Officianado) as an NPC sometime.
  3. Trizzity-Zek New Member

Yeah, he’s been on Zek farming old school zones in (kunark, velious, etc.) basically keeping the baz alive when everything was dead, armor dyes, etc. sucks that he died. Life can be cruel, but in the end, none of us are getting out alive. RIP Armourcarr.
  4. Kilrath New Member

I second this request to suspend his housing upkeep. Not only has he put a lot of effort into his housing, they are also museums of rare items he has collected for 24 years. Before the bazaar existed he used low level alts in the EC Tunnel to auction goods on Rallos Zek, much to the PK'ers dismay since he kept them below the killable threshold. He also managed to off load his gold and plat back to his main and escaped many plots to sac his treasures. He sold me a piece of my Ranger epic later in Luclin as my guild was no longer raiding that content. If there was something you needed and he didn't have it, he would find a way to track it down and get it for you. I left the game for 10+ years to come back and find him still in general chat hawking wares. He caught me up on the politics of what has become of Zek and his loss will be a void in Everquest.
  5. Yueyenie Lorekeeper

Vinney Cordi (Armourcarr) was a big part of EQ history. All of his property in Cedar Country Meadows on the ZeK server is open for anyone to go visit. There are lots of themes and museums for rare and no longer dropped items. He spent hours upon hours to create some of the best housing themes I have ever seen in Everquest. Often these houses have hidden doors, mazes, outdoor areas, and mystery rooms all inside of a house. I really don't know how he did it. Some of the themes include:

The Twilight Zone (When you enter its all black inside with and hour-glass, but there is a door)
    The Upside Down House
    Fishing Camps (Inside the house itself)
    Tree Mazes
    Tree Houses (Inside the house)

Just to name a few. He wasn't just a friend to the Zek community, but to the EQ community as well. I know he was on this forum posted some of his house ideas to share with the EQ community. Some of his designs include:

The Coco Clock
    Spectral Sword Chandelier
    Aviaks Bird Cage
    Telescope Observatory
    Starship Gnome Teleporter

As well as many, many others. If you get a chance your welcome to come see any of his houses on the ZeK server. I'll be posting a list of all his houses and were there are. So please Daybreak, don't let his house plots expire. It's something really unique to Everquest housing community as well as the game itself. All of his property in Cedar Country Meadows is open for anyone to go visit. There are lots of themes and museums of rare and no longer dropped items. It is really a must see for any playing EQ. Anyone wanting to help donate to help keep the properties from expiring would be appreciated. I'll be posting list of all his properties below.

Anyone needing help finding and going through any of his houses can message me in game (Yueyenie).
    CrusaderZoG likes this.
  6. Yueyenie Lorekeeper

Vinney Cordi (Armourcarr) Cedar Country Meadows

Peacekeepers -- 200 Terminus Heights (Guild Hall)

Armourcarr -- 101 Terminus Street
    -- 105 Brimming Heights
    -- 104 Market Street

Fentallen -- 101 Betwixt Avenue
    -- 102 Park Circle
    -- 108 Park Circle

Gonefishing -- 102 Brimming Heights
    -- 102 Market Street
    -- 103 Betwixt Avenue

Toriblack -- 105 Terminus Street
    -- 102 Terminus Street
    -- 101 Terminus Heights

Jodiarias -- 106 Park Circle
    -- 104 Guild Way
    -- 103 Betwixt Avenue

Kaeadas -- 104 Park Circle
    -- 113 Vanward Street
    -- 101 Vanward Heights

Timdenchanter -- 103 Terminus Street
    -- 101 Brimming Way
    -- 104 Terminus Street

Ventodiavolo -- 103 Park Circle
    -- 107 Betwixt Avenue
    -- 102 Market Heights

Vinney -- 107 Terminus Street
    -- 107 Park Circle
    -- 101 Brimming Heights

Warrhouse -- 101 Park Circle
    -- 111 Brimming Way
    -- 107 Brimming Way

Windakin -- 108 Vanward Street
    -- 101 Market Street
    -- 108 Brimming Heights

Zemanova -- 105 Park Circle
    -- 101 Market Heights
    -- 108 Brimming Heights
    Myysterio likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Thoras New Member

Armourcarr I remember he has always been on the server selling and making people happy getting them the things they need I've talked to him many times and will miss talking to.him
    Myysterio likes this.
  9. Quacks New Member

I am depositing money into his plots to make sure they don't expire, at least for now. <3

That really makes me sad, hope we can honor him.
    Myysterio likes this.
  10. Tlachtga New Member

I've been askin about him for months in general, he always had a vendor in the baz, tho I didnt know him personally he was a legend for his housing and always having basic supplies for sale at good prices, I will say he will be missed, my condolences to his family. As a staple character on zek, would be nice to see a piece of gear or something to memorialize him with.
    Myysterio likes this.
  11. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

I never played on Zek, but I'm sorry for all of your loss. Sounds like an absolute legend that truly loved this game.
    Myysterio likes this.
  12. Herf Augur

Anyone know how old he was, or what happened?
  13. Myysterio Lorekeeper

66 or 67
  14. Herf Augur

Too young then :(
    Grove likes this.