Massive game lag on a NEW computer

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kymbo, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Kymbo New Member

Hello all,

I have my main gaming PC and starting playing EQ again. For some reason, the performance was HORRIBLE. I had 2 other laptops that were not that great, running the game WAY smoother and its been bothering the hell out of me. So i went through dozens of websites and finally found a combination of couple things that made my performance issues completely go away.

Of course, enable all your cores by going to task manager > Details and find eqgame.exe > Right click and set affinity to All processors. You can do this in the eqclient.ini file as well..

The above did not fix my issues, but i wanted to mention it. What did fix my issues was the below two things.

1. in the eqclient.ini file that is in the root of your EQ folder, there is a setting called USELitBatches. Set that to FALSE
    UseLitBatches=FALSE

2. Disable resizable bars (I think this is the majority of the fix)
    I have an AMD GPU so all i had to do is go to my Radeon software and disable SmartAccess Memory. That option is in the Performance Tab at the bottom.

For Nvidia i found a video that will guide you how to disable it, if its enabled.

That is what fixed it for ME. I saw tons of forums and did not see any fix, so i thought i would help the next person that is suffering from this same issue.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

You should be using ClientCore#=-1 in eqclient.ini, can't think of any modern reason to pin EQ to one core.

Not sure you want to be turning off UseLitBatches, can't find a reference to what that controls.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ss-memory-causes-massive-fps-decrease.285800/
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

My memory could be wrong, but I believe in other posts the resizable bar problem in EQ was identified as being specific to AMD cards.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

also, new computer may mean different default location for whitelisting vs antivirus / firewall. = persistent file checking bottleneck. Another possible cause of this behavior.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

Update your Graphics Drivers

Check your Game Configuration Settings
    ---
    start the LaunchPad. Instead of clicking the big green ‘Play’ button though, I want you to look for the little gear icon on the bottom left, and click it to open the ‘Advanced Tools’ menu.
    --
    click ‘Game Configuration’
  8. Monkeychunks Augur

I see that about update drivers but what to do once we got to "game Configuration" :) We changing tuff in there or comparing? To what? So confused
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

See here for Game Configuration settings: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Graphics_and_performance_settings_guide#LaunchPad_settings

Be aware that the information there is years old. It should be still valid, however, without input from Darkpaw (or knowledgeable players) I cannot be certain how much might have changed. It still should work, though.
    CrazyLarth likes this.