Marketplace Request: Optional Experience Toggle

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Agrippa, Apr 16, 2023.

1. Agrippa Augur

https://postimg.cc/pm9VkyFQ

*sighs* I'm not exactly keeping up with modern technology here. Anyhow, just for the purpose of trying to provide a more accurate image, I summoned the corpses left remaining for one character and took a screenshot here. Hundreds of deaths that took a few hours, just to delevel from 26th level. At that point, the character had only done the tutorial and PoP newbie armor trials. That involved visiting only a handful of areas, yet, in the process, the character had completely outleveled dozens of places in Norrath that he had yet to set foot in.
  2. Bernel Augur

This kind of de-leveling technique isn't all that feasible for non-binding classes. Someone who can self bind can bind in a KOS location and die after coming back to life. This technique will be a lot harder to do if you can't bind yourself. A non-caster will need to find a KOS city where they can bind or they will have to keep running to a KOS location from their bind point.

FYI, one place I use for deleveling my non-evil, non-binding characters is Neriak 4th Gate. Since it's a city, I can bind them there for the death loop. They can port in from Ethernere Tainted West Karana. It works, but it's more of a hassle than deleveling my characters who can self-bind. And it's not feasible for low-level characters who can't use those portals.
  3. Agrippa Augur

Bumping this in the hopes that it might get some attention. In the first time since EverQuest's introduction, players will have access to every class, profession, craft, spell, you name it on a single character. It would be very nice, please, if we weren't all-but-forced to level these characters fast as all hell prior to 51st level. Please, show some basic thought and consideration towards players that might want to experience all of the pre-51st level content at appropriate levels. Thank you.
    Ndaara likes this.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

how about just QoL and not Marketplace?

OMGZORS I want your attention so badly I'll throw money at you...

Just stop it, all of you.

Yes, we want things. We all want things.

Next they'll be charging characters under level 20 to pre-unlock the (Quality of lifed) Extended Target Window that is inexplicably locked to levels 1-19.

EQ should have had an XP pause a long time ago, but EQ devs prefer piles of corpses lagging zones to shed unwanted XP / Levels.

If you want to SELL this "feature" then, make it an actual FEATURE and let me collect the XP in bottles and sell them in the bazaar.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This post overlooks:

Ledges with 200k HP fall damage (see that.. overlooks..ledges... nvm) in very bind friendly locations. Sadly they changed the building profile of Myrist and the surrounding spires in PoK so it is harder to get to the top of the library, but there are other places tall enough to do it.

Drowning in the pool next to the soulbinder in Shadowhaven.
  6. Agrippa Augur

This is something that I've been requesting for *years* now. I just don't think that it is realistic at this point that they'll consider anything, even this simple, without $$$ being considered. It's a premium feature that's been available in the LotRO for as long as I can recall. It's pretty popular there and they can easily by how much now. The toggle already exists, so it wouldn't require anything major at all. Just a very basic toggle allowance on their part.

Also, it's not so much how long it takes in dying, but in how many times that it actually takes to delevel, repawn, and such. The screenshot above took *hundreds* of deaths just to delevel from 26th level. The time involved took a few hours.
  7. Nekk Augur

I'm confused - there already is one - to turn off normal xp just type /alt on 100 and it goes to aa xp, and to turn it back on type /alt off. Why aren't you using these?
  8. Agrippa Augur

I wasn't aware of that command. Would that work properly prior to 51st level? I didn't think that it was possible to earn AA experience prior to that, but I could very well be mistaken.
  9. Nekk Augur

I don't know tbh, I would think not since you can't earn aa's then, but I haven't played a non maxed toon in so long that I wouldn't be able to tell you atm.
  10. Bernel Augur

You can't turn on AA exp before 51, but maybe they should enable that. Allowing characters to bank AA points before 51 would actually be a great way to handle this situation. They couldn't use the points until they got to 51, but that doesn't mean that their AA bank can't increase before then. The players could set the percentage towards AAs according to how much slower they want the leveling experience to be. They could level as slowly as they want without throwing away all the exp. And since all the stuff for AA percent is already in the UI, they wouldn't have to create something new.
    Ndaara and Agrippa like this.