Marketplace Request: Optional Experience Toggle

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Agrippa, Apr 16, 2023.

1. Agrippa Augur

Coming back to an idea that I've requested, but I didn't do so as a marketplace request previously. Anyhow, DBG owns the LotRO, so they can easily see if the Stone of the Tortoise (an optional experience disabler there) sells reasonably well there. Experience toggles and adjustments already exist here, so I can't imagine that it'd be very difficult to impliment. I'd be one that would pay ca$h for an optional way to pause experience at any point. Would there be a market for something like this here?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Please explain this to me. If you don't want to level, you can't just die and not get rezzed a few times?
    klanderso likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

It's in game already, go 100% AA and then buy firework AA's
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't even buy firework AAs, I just ignore the, "You have reached the AA point cap, and cannot gain any further experience until some of your stored AA point pool is used.", message.

Or I could spend more glyphs...

It's nice to have this First World problem :cool:.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't look at it from the top level 120 player viewpoint like someone who is capped at AA and Exp.

Perhaps a player is level 45 and wants to stay there for a while. No way he can put anything to AA cause not eligible yet and trying to die over and over is a pain. ;) But he wants to stay at that level for whatever reason. After all we all don't play the same way so its his choice.

This would be an item that turns off your exp be it AA or regular and allows you to stay at a certain level.
    Ndaara and Agrippa like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

7. Velisaris_MS Augur

You shouldn't need to spend money to prevent yourself from gaining xp...that should just be part of the game. You can toggle AA xp on/off...you should be able to toggle ALL xp on/off.

People shouldn't need to justify WHY they want to stop gaining xp...you should just be able to do it.
    Agrippa and CatsPaws like this.
  8. code-zero Augur

This it the thing that has me confused. What's at 45 or 37 or whatever sub 51 level you may be at that would entice you to stay there?

As for whether or not one needs to justify staying at some arbitrary level indefinitely I'd have to say that , yeah, I'd like to seem some justification for doing that. Obviously you're playing if suddenly leveling up is a 'problem' so I want to know exactly what there that makes it a problem.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

TLC among other things. I have some alts I keep at certain levels to farm HF ornaments that only drop in hot zones from TLC mobs.

But why should anyone have to justify their wants? Can you justify why others must justify to you what they want?;)
    Agrippa likes this.
  10. GNOME_POWER Augur

Just make essence emerald with necro. There is no problem.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

A better idea would be to enable 100% Fellowship XP sharing. :)
    dreadlord and Agrippa like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When I play with my daughter, we find we are out leveling content too quickly. Not everyone is in a rush to get to the end game. There is a lot of good content inbetween.

We are finding doing Heros Journey we are leveling far too fast to complete all the quests and find a lot of the time now we are killing grey mobs, but then that isn't doing the content at the level it was intended.
    Ndaara, Agrippa and CatsPaws like this.
  13. Agrippa Augur

What I had originally wanted to do was to *pause* at fifth level and do all of the home city quest achievements in the Hero's Journey tab. Then fully explore all of the 1-10 level content that I possibly could at those levels, 10-20 content at those levels, etc. Not all of us enjoy having to bottomfeed on nearly every encounter in the game. That wasn't feasible with shrouding, sharing experience, or any other option that I was able to explore. Yes, I was able to bind my character at the Freeport gates and get killed by the guards there to delevel. At lower levels, this is quite time consuming as the character is losing less experience per death than he gains per kill. It took hundreds of deaths to go back down to 6th level just from 20th level. The only option that I found prior to the expendable glyphs was to have a very high level character parked in group right on top of the lower level character at all times. It was workable, but not a very realistic approach for most players.

Edit: To be more clear, my "problem" is that I wanted, at least, one of my characters to be able to do all of the lower level content that he possibly could at appropriate levels. Spend an hour in Befallen, Blackburrow, Crushbone, or any other lower level zone, though, and any character will completely outlevel the zones. How many zones and almost entire expansions are rendered completely obsolete just in leveling to 51st level so that I can start buying expendable glyphs? I, for one, would really appreciate an *option* to pause my characters' experience at any point so that I'm not overleveling almost all of the content within Norrath. Am I alone in this?
    Ndaara, Yinla and MasterMagnus like this.
  14. Agrippa Augur

After taking a break from the lower levels, I (rather foolishly for me) opted to come back to the lower level characters. In just doing the tutorial and the newbie armor trials from PoK, that took my characters to 26th level. Three group missions (Crushbone, RunneyEye, and Befallen) and, outside of the tutorial, killing a handful of mobs that were related to the other trials. Zero other content, but towards the end, just about all of the mobs were green con or fully trivial. Barely scratching the surface of any of the zones visited, how many other places have they outleveled entirely now, before ever setting foot in them?

[IMG]

The above scenario appears to currently be the only way that I can level at my own pace. To be clear: Shrouding doesn't work. Sharing fellowship experience doesn't work. Even creating a high enough level necromancer to sacrifice the lower characters didn't work. (Shrouds give all of the experience once you remove them. Sharing with fellowship doesn't slow down noticeably. And my necromancer trying to perform the sacrifices received some message about the lower characters not being worthy. Hundreds of corpses there to get back down to fifth level so that I can do other things at appropriate levels.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Here! Here!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. phattoni Augur

a while ago i could understand level locking when naggy/vox were banishing people 52+ but they removed that iirc.

nm i see why you want to level lock now :p
  17. Bernel Augur

Can you lose a level in LotRO when you die? I can see paying for this ability if you don't have a way to de-level, but I'm not sure it would sell very well in EQ. You can just die if needed. No need to buy an item to get it done. I think disabling XP would be a useful feature, but I think it would be a better choice to make it generally available rather than a marketplace item. Perhaps it could be an AA which granted a permanent buff. If you have the buff on, you don't gain XP. Click it off to gain XP normally again.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Honestly, I don't see the need for this to be a marketplace purchase. It should be an in-game feature since there are reasons some people would like to do this.
  19. Agrippa Augur

Ideally, yes, something this simple should just be a basic feature. It's absolutely ridiculous that my only option to remain at appropriate levels for so much content is to spend hours and hundreds of corpses lying about deleveling characters that are spoon fed huge chucks of experience. Just to delevel from sixth level to fifth level is over one hundred deaths (about 0.3% loss there per death, where the character at that level can easily get 18-30% of a level from a single kill). I get that this is a non-issue for most players that would much rather bottomfeed on just about everything in Norrath, but there are a few of us that much prefer doing content at appropriate levels. Please, give us an *optional* experience toggle from the first level.
  20. Agrippa Augur