Mark Tuttle Reveals Why All Access is Awesome

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Geroblue Augur

I went over to EQ 2, signed in with my station account, and the EQII launchpad downloaded. EQII servers are patching, but I got to the login screen.
  2. HalasRadar Augur

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_days_hath_September

The 62 day lock out is the deal breaker for me on subscriptions? If you are going to offer a subscription and then denied log in options that just seems like crazy talk to me. If you can not do up keep on BANK Station Cash on a paid subscriptions account that is clue that you may have more serious problems at SOE on your commerce servers?

Station Cash should be a separate business unit at SOE anyway!

SOE must separate Station Cash and Subscriptions and clean up your accounting.
  3. Erianaiel New Member

The new plan is not quite so awesome for those living outside the USA.
    From Europe you have access to Everquest, Everquest 2 and Vanguard. And the last game is going to be terminated in another month or so...
  4. Ecktar New Member

They don't require me to log in and click a button to charge my account each month. If they are going to automatically charge me, why can they not give us the SC without having to claim it? If I'm paying for an all access account for $14.99 a month whether I log in or not, I should get the reward whether I log in or not. They get my money either way, the least they can do is reward me with the SC even if I don't log in. If I choose to stockpile the SC, that's my decision. Personally, I play a few games and do go a month or two at times without logging in, that's my choice and I pay for it. But, when I do log in, I like to have the SC to spend.

For me personally, its enough to make me consider dropping my all-access.
    HalasRadar likes this.
  5. Geroblue Augur

You must have missed the huge discussion about this a few months ago. They said they aren't changing it.
  6. HalasRadar Augur

SOE has done wrong to the subscribers with the new Station Cash log in policy; can somebody explain, just why the log in policy on a paid money subscription is a necessity, to bank Station Cash on accounts?

Personally I find this policy to be self defeating? Please explain why Station Cash service is unavailable; if I can not log into a PAID MONEY Subscription account.

I see a Station Cash policy and Subscriptions policy and a Free To Play policy with conflicts in accounting; over all SOE has weak accounting practices and that leads to contractions in revenue calculations?

Why does any PAID MONEY SUBCRIPTIONS need an active log in to be a part of Station Cash bank?

Years of history at SOE have left policy issues at accounting that need more serious reviews.

Thank You for the update I expect more updates and total modernization of your policy, before I pursue a paid money subscriptions.
  7. Geroblue Augur

If you mean, the station store asks you to setup a payment method, I just click okay and move on.
  8. Qelil Augur

I don't understand how it is that some people do not see the obvious reason for requiring a monthly login to claim free Station Cash. Clearly this is so you will visit the Station Store at least one time a month where hopefully you will use the free cash and ideally buy and spend more once enticed to see what is new there.

I love EverQuest and don't begrudge SOE for trying to earn additional revenue which keeps the game I love to play up and running. Inadequate revenues means EQ goes away so stop complaining and go with the flow is what I would encourage people to do. Give them a break. It is a business and they need to make money. It's as simple as that and this is just one way of enhancing revenues each month for them. Or would you rather we sunset along with the poor folks who loved Vanguard?

There's no free lunch and it isn't reasonable to expect one either.
  9. HalasRadar Augur

One thing we want to point out is the change to the way members redeem the 500 SC membership reward each month. It will no longer be automatically delivered to players’ wallets. Instead, you will need to click the claim button in any of the participating in-game Marketplaces. This has been added to the main marketplace screen, so it’s easy to find. You’ll also know when you’re eligible to claim your next reward the same way!

THE ABOVE QUOTE Tells me that the accounting practices at SOE are out of date?!? WHAT does that mean to you; I do not know?

If I can not automatically redeem a reward each month it is not much of an incentive to pay for a subscriptions. Paying real money for a subscriptions is a much different function than playing the game on a server.

SOE has offered no substantial reason for me to log in each month; the monthly fee alone is a good deal for entertainment; withholding Station Cash for not logging into a game server is a disincentive to subscriptions.

Station Cash should be a different business unit of SOE and Subscriptions need other incentives.

The incentive to have a subscriptions should not include Station Cash at all really. The best solutions might be for SOE is find a different subscriptions team manager and better incentives to login to the game server.

REVENUE statements for Subscriptions and Station Cash should be separate leger items.

Generating revenue from Subscriptions and Station Cash are different functions and require different business skill sets. The Station Cash Store should be a Vice President level enterprise unit and Subscriptions should also have a Vice President level enterprise unit, who communicate with President Smedley every day and the SOE accounting and legal team.