Mangler xp, why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chainsaw_Massacre, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Haldi Elder

I agree as well I mean it is already a fun server just by the looks. Problem is, DPG never changes server rules once posted
  2. Haldi Elder

Good I hope we have massive bot teams driving the price of gear down so we all can be super twinked for cheap
    Faydra likes this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Some people find the cloud around every silver lining.
    Skuz, Faydra and Aiona like this.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

TLP Players: I want things to be like they were back in the day.

Also TLP Players: This much improved experience rate is way too slow.
  5. Vindar Augur

If people really want that they're already playing P99.
    Trevalon likes this.
  6. Aiona Augur

XP is fine. If anything, it's too fast on some TLP's in my opinion. And before you roast me, I realize my opinion on this topic is very unpopular.

Having played the early days of live EQ, it still feels to me like there something is wrong with the XP rate when I ding level 50 two to four days after launch without using any XP potions or having a pre-made group/guild... just LFG on whatever class I'm playing.

I won't ever complain about it being to fast. It's just my opinion.
  7. Paplpmax New Member

faster than mangler exp would be nice and be more alt friendly too... we have had ENOUGH grind servers... they aren't fun
  8. Lejaun Augur

The whole game of EQ is grinding. You grind to get levels. You grind to get AA's. You grind to complete quests. You grind to get gear.

It feels like some people would be happiest if they had a cheat code to get whatever loot / xp they wanted without the effort.
  9. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

This thread is about xp. I don't recall asking for any loot or cheat code anywhere. It seems as if you wish to argue with everyone else's viewpoints as if your opinion is somehow worth more than theirs.

My question is what is your reason for not wanting faster xp? (selo/fv/live). What's in it for you to keep it at Mangler speed? I have a good idea what the real reasoning is but I highly doubt it's something you want publicly known. It may hurt your bottom line.
  10. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

My concern is not the initial levels. It's later in the game. Faster xp to match the faster unlocks just makes sense.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Personally I avoided Miragul because I despise the gimme mentality where people want everything handed to them.

Based on what people have posted on the forums, here is what would make a perfect TLP, but does anyone really think it would?

1. Automatic groups. Once you log in or enter a zone, you are added to a group, whether you want want or not. This forces players to group with them, because nobody normally would.

2. Increased exp. Kill a mob. Gain a level. I'm a winner now!

3. The ability to report people and have goons from DBG show up at their house to punish them for playing differently than what the reporting person approves of... this only works for us forum trolls though, not for everyone!
  12. Lejaun Augur

LMAO. Please, tell me all about what my reasoning is. This should be amusing to see just how far wrong you are.

Love that you fail to notice the numerous posts on these forums that talk about how easy it is to level up, even in this thread, and accuse me of arguing with everyone. Love that you discount my opinion and accuse me of thinking its more valuable than others, while actually doing that very thing yourself.

Please, continue. This will be fun.
  13. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

Actually I didn't. But since you continue to want to argue I'll just ignore you. Go ahead and continue acting like a child.
  14. Nolrog Augur

I want things to be like they were back in the day, only completely different.
  15. ntellect Augur

But... isn't Mischief the only server of its type? Granting the same healthy population FV maintains? The size of the population compared to the overall population is moot if that size is more than enough to make that specific server popular.
  16. Lejaun Augur

Not going to expose me for all my bot and RMT-ness after essentially accusing me of it and threatening to do it? Go figure. Went to the attempted insult instead. Nice move !
  17. Lejaun Augur

For sure. I would be surprised to see Mischief as anything but popular. This server will no doubt have some issues with it, but will also likely be one of the most popular TLP servers ever.
  18. ntellect Augur

You are making assumptions that whatever state the server starts in it will remain during its lifetime. The release specifically said that DBG will be open to making changes as it goes on. Which means they can probably change the radomization algorithm if it leads to something they feel is negative.

I predict this server will be absolute chaos which in turn (to me) means it will be fun as there will be new changes none of us have ever encountered before. YMMV on how you feel about that experience but it will definitely be different than the prior TLPs we have had.
  19. Lejaun Augur

I think we are all making assumptions. That's the only thing we can do until the exact rules are laid down, and we figure out how the population and DPG will handle the chaos of the server.

I feel confident that certain people will exploit whatever they can. It's been the way of EQ from the beginning. The question is how much it really impacts the server or not.

I 100% hope that this new ruleset is the magic button that eliminates the most toxicity as possible for a TLP, and that whoever plays on it are very happy.
    Bardy McFly, Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  20. ntellect Augur

Agree people will ALWAYS exploit what they can but that is part of the fun. I dont believe there is a 100% magic button. But I do believe this will provide a fresh experience I will enjoy more than the other TLPs. Then again Im a filthy casual.
    MasterMagnus likes this.