Mangler xp, why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chainsaw_Massacre, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

Slower xp with faster unlocks makes no sense. Everything else is spot on but this just doesn't make any sense at all. Please rethink this.
    Master Kahleem, Faydra and Ions like this.
  2. brickz Augur

mangler isn't "slower" exp. it's faster than phini and coirnav and only slower than selos.
    haaaalp and Skuz like this.
  3. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

And this server is faster than any of those. Hence why I said what I did.
  4. brickz Augur

I wouldn't mind faster exp, but people level up in classic in a few days. having 1 month vs 3 makes no difference from my point of view
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Except its not. Selo was 1 month unlocks all the way through
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Nicorus Elder

6 months to hit 60 before AA, 9 months to hit 60 before cap goes up.. unlocks arent much different than on Mangler, they only big change is speeding up some of the really bad content droughts like classic/kunark and ldon.

Gear being dropable will also make catching up later in the game far easier.
    Tankz and Skuz like this.
  7. Faydra Augur

There will be plenty of time to level. You can also XP in any zone and get loot off of any increased spawn chance rare. This will be really fun.
    Skuz and Chainsaw_Massacre like this.
  8. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

Oh I agree 100%. And I will be there regardless of the XP rate. My worry is burnout from the slower XP vs the unlock schedule.
    Faydra likes this.
  9. Faydra Augur

Is it an event server though? This could easily become the most popular TLP.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Mangler Exp was fine. Just be glad you aren't getting Coirnav exp.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Lejaun Augur

People have already proven they can level up extremely fast with this exp rate. They are max level in a couple of days. It will be even faster on this server, as the server will be a loot pinata that pleases the krono gods.
  12. Faydra Augur

FV is an incredibly popular rule set and retains one of the highest populations to this day. Just because you don't like a rule set doesn't mean that others won't. Go enjoy Aradune or something.
  13. Lejaun Augur

I've said this a thousand times. One reason FV is popular because it was the only server of its type. People who wanted that particular ruleset were directed to that server. It's a small fraction of the overall EQ population.

Also, I never said I did or didn't like the new server rule set. Thanks for assuming and speaking for me, though.
  14. Faydra Augur

When you post negatively in every thread it speaks for itself. You're welcome.
    jeskola likes this.
  15. Lejaun Augur

There you go, assuming again.

I'm pointing out the truth. You can fall in love with the server all you want, which is great, but there are going to be some issues that I've pointed out: namely rare kill stealing and bot army mobilization.
  16. Faydra Augur

Once again, nothing unique to this server's rule set. Keep trying, you'll make a valid argument eventually.
  17. Lejaun Augur

ZZzzzzzttt. Wrong. Kill stealers had no reason to take the time to kill some random named that dropped junk loot. Now it can drop the best loot from its level range. Now there is more incentive for the bot armies to farm raid mobs and rares, because they can drop the best loot and be sold.

Other servers have some protection in this because it wasn't worth KSers/Krono lords time. Now it will be.

But keep discounting my very valid points because you can't handle the truth.
  18. Faydra Augur

The truth is you will see a high pop server on launch day with a lot of very excited and happy people. Sorry if this makes you feel bad.
  19. Lejaun Augur

It doesn't. It makes me happy that EQ is still thriving after all this time. The longer it thrives, the longer I get to play it.

Thanks again for assuming things about me incorrectly.
  20. Faydra Augur

That's great! How about contributing some suggestions for future improvements rather than taking a dump in every thread with nothing of value to say.