Mangler and The sleeper

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nakoda, Jul 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yerm Augur

Anyone who has played on a previous tlp has likely witnessed either the negative impact that st loot value has on people who can bid dkp on it, the positive blow to rmters that waking it has, or both.

There is no need to speculate on mangler as if it is some kind of revolutionary new environment. Sleeper loot and awakening has happened many times on past tlps whether you played on them or not. The dramatic effect was enough to win many pro-let-him-sleep folks like me over; if you go waaay back enough in my post history you can find me defending not wakin... until after it happened on phinigel.

The zone looks and feels the same pre and post awakening. The loot for 60s except monks specifically is better post awakening; pre items are only better for the wallet. People who bailed on phinny or coirnav to play on mangler are probably going to bail on mangler in the future; they won't be around for a hypothetical kera kill.

Do everyone but rmters a favor and just wake him up.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  2. yerm Augur

This all felt familiar so I looked and, sure enough, I have "proof" from you and my skeptical replies sitting in my inbox from 2016, accusing grisvok/aos of rmt, which spawned from a similar thread back in the phinny days. I could quote the last post in that thread and it would still be true, and eerily similar to my one above in here. St 1.0 is for rmters and lore-obsessed nerds. 2.0 is better for raiders and people who don't need eq rmt to pay for burritos.

Maybe someday you and others will come to realize what a cesspit st1.0 is. Probably not. Keep on keeping on, then, on your massively rmt-flooded bot-ridden server full of folks cheering on a version of st that has better loot for selling but worse for active raiders.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I'm sure you'd be utterly shocked that I would support the following position, but I don't see why they can't have both versions exist through DZs.

As always, as much as I am overwhelmingly thrilled (/sarcasm off) at the concept of a small group of players believing that they should have the power to dictate how other players are able to consume in-game content, I fail to see the need to preserve their delicate egos at the cost of blocking off other players from one of the landmark classic experiences.
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. taliefer Augur

the only reason to wake the sleeper is to "show those RMT guys whose boss!" and make themselves feel good for stickin it to em.

meanwhile the actual RMTers are blissfully unaware in siren's grotto and think sleeping is that thing you do while your EQ characters make money.
  5. Xanathol Augur

If you plan to wake the Sleeper, just leave the server to one where it has already been awaken. DBG really needs to step in to stop a few bad seeds ruining content for everyone else (just to keep their ST 1.0 loot rare for max RMT value).
  6. TLP Addict Augur

Just do it Europa
    Botlhan likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes yes yes but it's good for the server to keep prices down!
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.
  9. Riggles Journeyman

So what guild is going to do it? I'll apply tomorrow. Unless it's Bloody Rapiers. I'd quit the game permanently before going to that disaster. Do they even have anyone over level 55? I've never seen any.
  10. Xhartor Augur

Not much risk in that one happening, Blood Rapiers guild leader cares way too much about RTM play. Also they will probably barely be in ST by the end of Velious.
  11. Barder-mangler Augur

I have a random toon in rapierss,they have a surprisingly high number of level 60s. While they trend on the zanier side generally, there probably isn’t a better leveling guild out there. They really do roll deep lol.
  12. krimmett Lorekeeper

Never understand why people are so set on waking the sleeper. Nobody is going to beat Bloodthirst for getting groups keyed, so the only SOD and other RMT items will be in bloodthirst guild, spiking the prices of those items.
  13. Guzzle Augur

I am pretty certain a few guilds could challenge Bloodthirst if they cared to, but it seems like most guilds don't take Everquest with a "win at all costs" level of seriousness. Most of us have higher aspirations for personal success, I guess.

That being said, the threat of an item being higher proced and controlled by an RMT kronolord doesn't really resonate with anyone. Guilds will be better off if someone decides to wake the Sleeper quickly. Even Mr Kronolord himself said he hopes someone does to make his payout, I mean life, sweeter. 50kr for one item doesn't really outweigh 300 kronos for 20 items.

That being said - Is my guild set on it? No. If we really cared enough, we would consider it... but we aren't going to be the ones to do it. I believe Europa and Knightmare already said they were going to, though, which I think is great. I really hope they do. Far less drama to worry about, and far fewer people quitting as soon as they are holding a high value item.

Either way, threats of "RMTers will RMT!!" are laughable. If that's your Defense, well, it sounds like we know where your ideals lie. Mabbu you'll come around and get out from under their thumb.
  14. imnotarobot New Member

I thought you guys were the Kings of open world? Were you unable to attain your aspirations?
  15. Xygor New Member

Will the SoDs skyrocket in value doe
  16. EvilQueens New Member

I'd honestly be surprised if Bloodthirst doesn't want their few SoDs they obtain going up so high in value and the assurance that other OW competition will never get them. It's kind of a lose/lose for guilds other than them honestly. Sucks but that's life
  17. Guzzle Augur

When did we ever proclaim that?

We were never an open world guild. We regularly cleared Sky Open World in Classic uncontested during FFA time with regular members clearing it without leadership oversight. We got 5 Open World Trakanon kills pretty quickly and then stopped caring about it after 3 splitting weekly and having over 100 keyed in a month.

If you're looking to sling mud about something completely unrelated to anything, this ain't it chief. We're an instance guild, and we mostly always have been except when we want to hit certain milestones, mostly driven by our great members taking the initiative to go out and get stuff done.
  18. Spaine_Arcane New Member

2nd place is first loser...... some guilds that can “compete” with bloodthirst are so scared they are trying to use the sleeper as leverage and some guilds are losing everyone to wow and only have time to post trash on the forums lol
  19. NoWay Augur

Not hard when you merge 7 guilds into one, grats Bloodthirst.
  20. Rezrnok New Member

Why do people keep pushing the open world narrative? Its super weird. People just did OW targets if it happened to be up during their raid times until RI started playing here. Nobody bat phoned or pushed them heavily. Like its fine that Bloodthirst does OW and batphones for it, I am glad you are playing how you want to. Just a weird flex.
    Guzzle and NoWay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.