Mana ?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jmag, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Sancus Augur

The issue is the spell does not scale. Plenty of old abilities/spells/discs don't need upgrades to stay relevant because their effects are percentage based (e.g. Spell Twincast). Unfortunately, Thaumatize Pet returns a fixed value, meaning its relative power decreases every expansion.

An upgrade to this would be welcome, though we haven't even gotten our main spell mana pump upgraded for level 105 thus far so I'm not optimistic.
    Igniz likes this.
  2. Jiggs Elder

Couple things not mentioned - cuz every little bit helps.

I made an audio trigger for whenever Gift of Mana procs and adjust my casting if mana is going to be an issue. (for a wiz it does no good while burning though)

Brells aug --- requires tradeskill max'd to do the quest but well worth it.

Try to get a killshot on a mob so it procs Arcane Overkill AA (which provides a small amount of mana returned) Instant or fast casting spells are best to accomplish this on raids.

If in a raid, make a hotkey to /tell beastlords name, "focused Para when you can please". Some beastlords are more receptive than others.

Every little bit helps.
  3. Igniz Augur

I'd like to have a spell, disc or ability, that will scale to my level to the same extent, please.
  4. Igniz Augur

Sadly, mages don't have Arcane overkill AA, and no instant spells apart from twincast.

But the Shawl Aug really is nice :) I never regretted getting it :)
  5. mackal Augur

It scales so well because it scales with your weapon, which always scales. It's especially good since current monk itemization favors 2h.
  6. Igniz Augur

I'll take it, I am using 2HB also.
  7. Brohg Augur

Any bst not Focused Paragoning themselves is probably a bst. Not that the mana isn't technically better on you, but good bst paragon themselves ~reflexively
  8. Heatwave Journeyman

Any magician not keeping Lost Secrets on themselves during long mana intensive raids/grind sessions is probably a ***** mag.

It's a MUCH better use for a glyph than Cataclysm, if mana is going to be an issue.
    RPoo likes this.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Tend to agree, and considering Lost Secrets lasts 15minutes and reuse on both Cata and lost is 10 minutes, any fight longer than 12minutes or so that you are just laying the hammer dps wise, you can use both in the same event.
    RPoo likes this.
  10. Yimin Augur

Water pet cost no mana once she is built and adds good DPS , plus rains spell are still good bang for your mana buck in a good group with a good tank or another awesome pet class , I use rains on multiply mobs tank grabs one , pet smashing the other mob and down come the rains ...

Plus don't forget to make your pet say you are it's leader :)

Yi Min
  11. Maxxbuff1 Elder

This is why I hate when developers link your abilities to others.... they overdue it and do not have a vested interest to properly tune things. As far as your mana... You very well should have a better pool and regeneration ability on your own.

However, since you do not, your enchanter in your raid group can do a great job of keeping you supplied with mana using: Robe clicks, horn of unity, dichotomic reinforcement, intellectual appropriations nukes, enticer's unity aura, and mental contortion. When I group with my ranger friend, I use all of these abilities since, the benefit of helping him with mana out-weighs the small drop in my own dps.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

aCK noooo(ooooo) (ooooo)

Good rangers benefit way more from your regular casting auras (Twincast+ManaRecipricurvication) than from 40 mana/tick

And Mental Contortion's a mob debuff, doesn't do mana.
  13. Maxxbuff1 Elder

This is extremely outdated information. Twincast is the biggest waste possible. They have the ability to twincast every single spell until they run out of mana.. thus the need for mana feed. That is also why they dominate parses at the present. As far as mental contortion, I meant mind storm to keep the enchanter with adequate mana, and do some damage since intellectual appropriations has a longer recast delay.
  14. Brohg Augur

Scarlet Cheetah Fang lasts two and a half minutes or 120 casts, it's not indefinite. Over the course of that 2.5 minutes, after which Twincast aura returns abruptly to dominance, Enticer's aura can return all of 1000 mana. That ain't worth a whole spell gem to swap. Heck, even if that didn't take a spell gem it only questionably beats the Haze/Gracious proc chances on another nuke cast instead of swapping