Making Duel Wield Viable - Secondary Only Weapon Augment

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Daislet, May 1, 2013.

1. Battleaxe Augur

Prior they might as well have removed 2H and shields from us. See a lot of threads from DW all the time favorers complaining about that?

BB "only" wants Warriors to S&B? In that Make Shields More Practical For Warriors thread I started two or more years ago I repeatedly pointed out when not tanking 2H should out damage S&B when not tanking. And I still think so.

Is the math wrong? Yes.

1. Why would a tank compromise his aggro weapon? It's much simpler to have an uncompromised DPS weapon and put a 10DMG aug on Chapterhouse Standard. When CHS is DMG augged there's no doubt if used with a shield or with an offhander the result is a DPS stance. Especially if offensive and not defensive discs are used.

Interestingly enough the DW most of the time prefers don't suggest 2H tanking (knights don't do serious tanking with their DPS setup either).

2. Surely a mathematician would realize when tanking one uses defensive disciplines and not offensive discs.

Tanking and DPSing has no clear white line except for the discs and weapons used. It would be good to add another - EoA only on shields in the future. That would certainly discourage using a DPS weapon with a shield and saying "See, S&B is doing great DPS."Where'd the mob go?? Hey sorry Weezard 8(."
  2. Kreacher Augur

The CHS even without the damage aug still has a higher ratio than the 2nder with the 16 damage aug.

Offensive discs effect both 1hnd sword and board and 2hnder's EQUALLY (same with sham epic, bard songs, war cry, auspice, bsts fury) - so they don't have an effect.

The aim is to show the dev's that sword and board is the best combination to go in every field - Tanking, DPS. Aggro is so much now an activated ability rather than relying on passive weapon procs. When you have Roar providing 3.2k aggro per tic and Blast providing 40k instant aggro, then the 800 aggro provide by anger IV proc is almost completely negligible. Note that doesn't mean that I run with a 10dam aug in my raid setting, but I honestly doubt it would make any difference if I did.
  3. Zalmonius Augur

The point is that you MUST start using items to compensate for what should be an innate difference. Why am needing to throw a damage aug into my axe the size of my entire body to overcome the damage of a weapon the size of my arm?

Does that even remotely make sense to you? If it does, I feel bad for you.
  4. Ranpha Augur

It won't make a difference. I have:
    • Tanked for atleast a week with 10 dmg aug'd non-warrior weapon (+shield)
    • Tanked for several weeks with a heal+rune non-warrior aggro weapon (+shield)
    • Dual wield tanked several events (Evantil, CH, Xorbb2, Xorrb3), even after final stand wore off.. without dying... because on current raids, who really needs a shield -- except when they want to DPS?
    Never any problem with aggro (and that's without even using every aggro buff/proc/disc/click out there). And while dual wield tanking -- only a parse will tell the difference, I couldn't just from looking at the hits.
  5. Zalmonius Augur

I find humor in this statement, because it's true =P

"Hang on guys, I need more DPS! Lemme put away this building sized 2handed maul and pull out my arm sized sword and trashcan lid to do more damage"

"dude, what?"
    Sinestra and Elricvonclief like this.