Mages

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Millianna, May 11, 2016.

1. Sancus Augur

He wrote "Life 1" and "Life 2" in addition to "Health 1," so I assume he does mean Stem the Tide.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

Well thats not possible unless he just posted a part of the event. This is exactly why posting parses without context is dumb.
    Cicelee likes this.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

Indeed, not awake.
  4. Sancus Augur

It's actually Crypt of Sul for the last 2 raids, not Crypt of Decay (which refers to the same zone as Ruins of Lxanvom).

As far as your parse, that still seems oddly low. My parse gets inflated quite a bit because we AE all the adds, but even killing them one by one 55k seems low. As others have said, though, it's difficult to compare parses between guilds or even nights as they lack a lot of context. Taking longer on the trash clear beforehand can significantly lower the parse (especially if you have others' damage turned on), and swapping between adds one by one every time they spawn is much different than focusing solely on the boss until AEing adds at the end. And then there's also the issue of ADPS.

Regardless, I'd still like to see an MS Wizard parse, though somehow I doubt it will be posted.
    Stune and Igniz like this.
  5. Igniz Augur

I stand corrected on the crypt. There are just too damn many crypts around norrath! We should start cremating out dead more thoroughly!

As I said earlier, I won't give numbers from this event for our wizards, as I was obviously too far away many times (indicated by stretches where i didn't pick up any damage besides my own), but even so, both wizards online at this evening were ahead of me. According to the Graph function, I only picked up around 60% of their damage (that is, if they didnt decide to both stop casting at the same time *g*)
  6. Triconix Augur

And it took 7.6 minutes to beat Boromas...strange.
  7. Cicelee Augur

So my intent is not to pour salt onto a wound, and I apologize in advance if it is construed as much.

My guild kills each mob individually, as opposed to ROI where Sancus says that they AOE the trash. Not sure if this is pre-named trash, post-named trash or both.... but that is irrelevant in this discussion. Point is, I feel as if we do the same on this event that you do Igniz.

My parse from this event a couple days ago-

Combined: A leprous evoker on 6/6/2016 in 935sec
    Cicely
    --- DMG: 85270127 @ 91198 sdps (91198 dps in 935s)

And this is with me using the enchanter chromatic haze proc on the initial burn on Searing Sands and not spear, which probably cost me at least another million in damage. No bard, and I am pretty sure I used tribute/PS/potion but because I sometimes forget I am not sure.

So I will echo what Beimeith and Sancus said previously... that parse does seem low. I am more than willing to offer advice or suggestions on what I do to help, either in game or on PM. After all, the goal is to help each other out to be better :)
  8. Cicelee Augur

Took us just under 12 minutes a few days ago. We went for the "no trash alive" achievement so it took longer since we did not do an all out burn together as a guild.

I would have to check back logs, but I think 7 1/2 minutes doing that event (especially if you are doing the Decay 4 achievement) seems a lot more normal than 4 minutes on Health1 raid....

EDIT- I checked second to last time we did Boromas. Either we chose not to do any achievements, or we did Decay 4. In any event, it took us 456 seconds to do the event... which is 7 1/2 minutes. So that time I can vouch is legit. The 4 minutes on Health1 though...
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Out of curiousity, why would you *not* AE the adds there?
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Littlelegs Elder

maybe i zoned in late. don't remember. maybe its mislabeled. who cares anyway? it was mostly a means to an end of comparing full night numbers, not individual events. and if i'm honest he did it pretty constructively. we're talking about single data points anyway (common though despicable practice though it is) not data. by that logic my drunk self is at least twice as good as any mage on AB? ludicrous. it was a data point designed to prod to look to other factors affecting your dps in addition to pet and nukes

boromas we split raid and don't burn. i remember, and also beimeith has it in his post

it is my belief that wizards can do some things better than mages and mages can do some things better than wizards. discussing the varying degrees of difference in each area isn't something i'm interested in being involved in, at least not on these boards

hi enkel. what is good in the neighborhood?

keep up the good work focusing on the right parts of the mage/pet nerf thread everyone
    Vdidar likes this.
  11. CakedUpMagi New Member

/G Combined: An obedient citizen in 2379s, 377831k @158819sdps --- #1 Magician + pets 377450k@(158659dps in 2379s) [99.9%]

Life 1 & 2
    Decay 1 & 2
    Sul 1 & 2

Black wolf, IoG and Enchanter 3rd spire for group ADPS.
  12. ptah Augur

interesting read. wire where are you? Ole Evo vs conjunction ? all joking aside I will continue read and not add anything useful. Thanks again to all mage that assist other mages..... in trying not to suck to bad at the dps game.
  13. Sancus Augur

Care to indulge my curiosity and say what guild this is from? If I had to guess I'd say Triton, but not knowing is bothering me.
    Vdidar and Cindayen like this.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

And enchanter dicho! :)
  15. CakedUpMagi New Member

*whistles*

Sind, you're correct, I confirmed this morning..There was also Enchanter Dicho 6 occasionally.
    Sindaiann likes this.