Macro Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fuel, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Fuel Journeyman

Can I make a /doability for kick and slam on one macro?

How is it typed out?

/attack on
    /doability kick
    /pause
    /doability slam

?

Thanks...
  2. Tereil Elder

3. Thash Zoner

/doability is tied to the hotkeys on your abilities page (ctrl-a, 1-6) and your combat abilities (ctrl-c, 7-10). /doability # activates the ability set to the appropriate slot. Also kick, slam, and bash share a cooldown, you can only ever use one at a time.
    Fuel likes this.
  4. Fuel Journeyman

Roger, thanks...
  5. svann Augur

Im not certain, but I think you can do without the pause
  6. moogs Augur

/pause will not do anything without a ## value. If you want to pause for 5 seconds before continuing to the next line, it's /pause 50. If you want to pause for 2.3 seconds, it's /pause 23.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

You can have the /pause ## on the same line, before or after your /doability # command. Separator is a comma.

Always best to avoid /pause, but it can be necesary.
  8. Anhari Augur

/pause is invaluable for spell macro's where you want to cast more than one spell, or the same spell more than one time. I use macro's like that for skill up on spell lines that I don't cast much during the normal coarse, such as spell lines we don't get at lower levels.
  9. Indian New Member

Fuel,
    As others have stated, /pause is not needed between the attacks.
    What you would need to type is as follows:

/doability 7 (kick on your combat page)
    /doability 8 (slam on your combat page)

Or whichever button you have them on.

Please note that buttons one and two on the combat page are not counted in the ability button list.
    This means that buttons on your Abilities page are numbered 1 through 6 and numbers on your Combat
    page are numbered 7 through 10, starting with button #3 as button #7.

Also note that some attack combinations are not allowed to function together in a macro depending on which class you are playing.

/pause is good for chain casting as mentioned above as well as for auto inventory of foraged items or picking pockets/begging.
    /pause is also required for backstab when you add that attack to a hide/ sneak macro because you must remain motionless and hidden for a certain time for the backstab ability to work
  10. Indian New Member

OK, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN???

My post above is under the member name of Indian........my member name for 15 years has been Quaand...
  11. Brohg Augur

This is not true.
  12. svann Augur

He is probably thinking of the backstab-prep skills rogues get. Sneak attack at 20, Swiftblade at 80, and etc
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

A note on /pause: it is not consistent, and lag can affect it (and all socials). In combat situations, almost everything that can be done with a social is better done with a multi-bind. Social's have their place, but using them in combat is almost always less efficient and more dangerous. And /pause in combat is generally terrible (at least in my opinion). While some casters can get away with it (dots and some other spells with short cooldown timers), giving up the ability to react quickly isn't worth it, and I'd say it propagates the image of dps being lazy :)

Guilty admission: I might still have some combat macros (complete with /pause) on my necro. But definitely not on my druid or wizard or melee classes.
  14. Bella222 Elder

Great comments to help new players. Macros are difficult for newbies.Thanks.