Luclin Barberry - rarity - across our 52+ players we have seen maybe 5 in two weeks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Aanuvane Augur

I spent over an hour in shadow valley actively foraging and didn't turn any up - how long did it take you to get them in Bloodfalls?
  2. Drewie Augur

Not too long, I got 3 in about 15 minutes total.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

I just got one quickly in Maiden Eye - went back to Shadow Valley - still nothing after almost an hour.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

no joy in Basillica after about an hour.
  5. Iuwene Augur

Got about 20 today in ME in a 2,5 hour timeframe. Most were mob drops but a few foraged as well
  6. Coagagin Guild house cat

About my first forage on the Enchanter in both zones. Maiden's Eye and Bloodfalls. Its just dumb luck when it comes to the RNG not your uber-machete-wielding-Ranjuh toon.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I believe it i got two in like a hour and my ranger forages 2-3 every 40 seconds.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

So foragable only in ME and Bloodfall? wish they take out all the rogue forage stuff in ME 7 items in one zone kinda bites lol.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

That's all I've seen confirmed so far.
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Tegila Augur

I went to fish in ME for about 60 tol fish, hitting forage ever 2-3 casts and got 10 barberries and 20some luclin veggies along with more luclin water and dozens of poison items but no trash other than the twilight orchids.

. At the same time got very annoyed at the trash fishing. No one in the world catches trash 70% or more of the time they're fishing irl. Totally unrealistic. To get 60ish good fish I had to catch over a hundred fresh fish(not considered trash just not what I wanted) and delete 70-80 broekn hooks, 40+ daggers, 50-60 shoes, and 150+ fish scales. This was on a toon with 214 fishing skill (but max forage ranger without machete) with bonerodmod. I suppose it could be better with my main at 250+7%, but foraging would suck and I was busy doing other fishscale combines on that one lol.

The whole fishscale system is wacky-121 combines for 1 sheet without fails, 363 before final combine for 1 set of back/shoulders, and hours of fishing and deleting trash for those 30+ fish to do so.

In RoS which launched this system the same feat could be completed in <30min with same toon.
    Coagagin likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea just how i feel when i started to do all those combines with 1k fish lol yea it took along time to do over 10k total combines.

[IMG]
  12. Drakang Augur

Discovered the mobs that seem to drop the barberries the most is the trash in the raid zone. Clearing all the mobs in zone netted 30 barberries with most coming from the mobs in the tunnels. Drop rate in raid seems much higher than regular zones.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

We are seeing more Barberries, but you still need to spread Garnets out over the mobs more. Did not see one garnet all weekend. No I was not hunting rock or golems. Vamps and bats.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

If the Dev's are reading this,
    I like that certain mobs drop certain items, there should not be every mob drops all the TS items. It makes sense golems will get you garnets while bats you wont be getting garnets, instead you'll be getting berries because bats go after berries.

I like this.

Honestly, I wish other tradeskills had this, where you have to do a ton of consecutive combines to get to the final piece that is used to make the gear.

Two things
    1. Its visually appealing, when I see people run over to the fishing platform and automatically I know they working on this kind of work. It's nice to *see* people doing tradeskills. Rather than EZ mode quickly finishing.

2. Gives feeling of actually being a tradeskiller, theres more to the process than putting a rock into other random items and getting the sword. Fishing they actually go through the process like if it was to happen for real. Doing those steps take time too.

So, just want to put my feelings towards these two things, I like how it is right now.

If its too time consuming, share the work then!
    Wdor likes this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

Five consecutive years of AFK 3-hour fishing combines does not fun entertainment make.
  16. Axxius Augur

Just a statistic: I foraged in Maiden's Eye until I got 10 Luclin Barberries. By the time it happened, I had 61 Bloodied Vegetables and 62 Blood-Tained Waters. That shows their relative forage chances pretty well.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

They drop pretty well. I've gone from about 6 to about 40 in the days since the patch, not foraging but killing at a sorta sedate pace.
    Andarriel likes this.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

What kind of char is foraging and skill level? i had foraging mach in my rng main hand and my second ranger seemed to be foraging faster without foraging mach. Prob just dumb RNG. Now im foraging in Shadow need chokeberry and they come real easy there.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

There are as of yet undiscovered tribes of pygmies in the Amazon rain forest that knew someone was going to post this...
  20. Axxius Augur

Druid with max foraging skill and AA. Should be about the same as Ranger.

Chokeberry is very common. It's foraged everywhere except Maiden's Eye (and maybe Bloodfalls?).
    Andarriel likes this.