Losing subscribers due to no 2nd Ragefire server and long queues

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chips, May 24, 2015.

1. Chips Elder

I know many people are talking about friends that tried to come back to the game, but then quit as they can never get on to the server and don't want to bother with the queues.. I really think a 2nd server would alleviate this..

What currently is happening is:
    1 Some people are waiting it out hoping things get better
    2 Some people are trying to return to the game after not playing for years and don't have the time to wait around so quit their subscriptions now or soon. A lot of these people have jobs, families, etc.

I think #2 should be a big concern for them.. They've seen the high demand for the server, and thus far haven't put up a 2nd server. I think waiting in hopes of it getting better, or people to quit that get tired of the slower levelling is a mistake.. They are going to (and already have) lost peoples subcriptions do to the fact that people have familes, jobs, etc. and don't have the time to sit around waiting.

In the meantime they have Vulak (or whatever the name is), and Flippy. They could combine those together if one or both of them have low populations.

Please get up a 2nd server like Ragefire.
  2. Chips Elder

Right after I posted this I got in. ;) It still took around 35 minutes of waiting though. Heavy populations in non-instance zones too.. they need to instance all outdoor zones at least; not just the low level areas.
  3. Lekkric18 Elder

What surprises me is that this seems to be all according to plan. Instead of opening 2 servers and merging them with Kunark or Velious, they only have one server and count on the mass exodus of players to make it playable for those who are left. Color me confused. /shrug
  4. Claies New Member

A second server is NOT going to happen. A thousand posts from a thousand people won't make it so. The fact that moderators are actively searching for and deleting posts making requests for a second server on a regular basis should be enough proof of this.
  5. Nahku New Member

Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you tell if you're in the queue or not, beyond clicking that "ok" when it says you'll wait in a queue? Is there any visual clue?
  6. Bandok Augur

No, there's no other indication until it's logging you into Ragefire
    Nahku likes this.
  7. Nahku New Member

Ok, thank you.
  8. Myrnyyk Journeyman

I also hate the idea of a second server. Or if they do a second server, they need to plan on merging it in a month. Population will go down in a week or two, and then you can play to your heart's content without having an underpopulated sister server. Especially since there is like nothing to do in classic EQ.
  9. Heilena Augur

They said that about a TLP server a few years ago, then they said that at the launch every time, then this time around. We have a wipe that was said would never happen, a que system written in 12 hours. Mostly because of 1000 posts of people saying the same thing.

just pointing that out. If they make a new server, don't play on it. Let the ones who are tired of waiting 90 minutes just to crash and experience the real 1999 feeling.
  10. Tronk Augur

They apparently can't merge servers (it's been a while since they did one, so undoubtedly changes to the database would impact merging). Deleting characters without a merge offer isn't good for business.

What would be hilarious is if they took Vulak, and just reset existing characters to level 1 and 0 experience, and the expansion cap to EQ Classic. Just a place for people to go as an alternative to Ragefire. Have a vote on Vulak as to expansion speed, voting, etc.

Heck, they could put up a vote now for anyone who played there to have a say. We have a lot of characters there, and would have no issue with a reset to level 1. That way we don't lose our characters, our high level gear would be yellowed out until the appropriate expansion (sure, we get it quickly then, but that's part of the perk for resetting our characters without a merge first).

That might be a way to reuse existing hardware.
  11. Aiona Augur

Riff-raff be gone - all the more room for us die-hard's! :D
  12. Myrnyyk Journeyman

Their new instancing of open world zones might be the answer then. I dunno, I would hate to see another dead server kicking around...
  13. Valkerine Augur

Good. Casuals need to leave and stop taking my nostalgias. People who rage quit and /unsub do not understand what a progression server is. If you want nostalgia P99 is F2P (garbage, but it is F2P nostalgia.)
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

What I love about these threads is this overwhelming assumption that a second server would be any different than the one we have now, minus queue times.
  15. Tronk Augur

Minus queue times, plus double the zones. If they instanced ALL zones, then they approach the concept of another server as far as capacity goes, and probably then some.

But suddenly the TLP player cap is 8,000 rather than 4,000. Surely, that would have impact on the issues?
  16. Chips Elder

I'm not quiting, but it kind of sucks to see people that just subscribed quiting.
  17. Valkerine Augur

More room for the rest of us.
  18. Heilena Augur

Where is it posted they can not do a merge? Maybe they do not do merges because the servers are at a nice medium at peak hours so they have not needed to merge.

They also could not put in a que system 3 days ago, because it was to much work. A lot can happen in 12 hours when you just admit you need to do something.
  19. Valkerine Augur

#NoSecondServer #MaxNostalgia
  20. Horth New Member

I understand why the devs didn't want to do a second server, the second server of everything always becomes a ghost-town compared to the "original." It would've been better had two servers been initially provided, since it certainly seems to me that this progression server generated more interest than Fippy ever did.

But with that being said, it's generally more important for your players to be able to play the game when they want to, rather than waiting in a queue. You'll have a higher retention rate of players if they can actually get in and spend some time grinding out the game the way it was meant to be done, get lost in the EQ world, etc. I don't have a character over level 3 so I'd move over in an instant. If it means a lower pop but a higher chance to play whenever, I'm down for it.