Looking for friends to group with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Terethian, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Terethian Elder

Hi guys! I'd like to put out there an idea of starting up a team to group up with.

I am sooo tired of the solo / molo thing. I mean, sure it's all fine and all but I want to play with real people, chill, and have some fun.

I'm not all access right now so would have to be a normal server and rules can be decided before we start.

It's possible we could use already existing characters but I am up for starting new ones.
    We could do no merc / no defiant / have to earn gear hardcore rules, whatever we want. We will make these rules if we decide to when we team up.

My main play times are Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. I can play anything but can do a decent cleric or necro as my normal go to classes.

Please hit me up / message me and post here if interested.

live streaming or recording is also an option but again, nothing is set in stone at this time.

Would love to hear from interested people asap.

If this isn't your thing and you think the idea is stupid just move along. Let's keep this thread for the willing!
  2. Longtooth New Member

Ave Terethian. Your playstyle sounds like a very good match to mine! I would be willing to roll up a new character on any server. Hunt well.
    Terethian likes this.
  3. TheOrigionalLids New Member

Hey Gents i'd be down to join yall, bard/druid player myself.
  4. Terethian Elder

I am thinking about picking a server and making our connections in game. As far as getting full groups together this is a bit slow may take till after thanksgiving.

I was thinking FV for the no drop rules and good player base, however any server would be fine. Any input? Or Vox, Bertox, Tunare (If we want it to be more private and/or normal no drop anyways.)

I was going to make like a main (recruiting) toon and not level it, and stay in so we can add everyone and build up for it.

Let's make a choice and I'll get something started so I can post it here so we can get organized!
  5. Mintalie Augur

This thread makes me happy. <3
  6. So Happy Augur

Start on Trakanon, its a ghost town with free transfers off after the character is 30 days old and i think level 30. Gives you a chance to experience what you want to in the older zones and also move to a more populated server later on, if you desire. Better yet, play on test.
  7. Qimh New Member

Hey! Great idea.

I'd be open to trying this as well. I'm currently on Bristlebane, but can reroll wherever.
  8. Terethian Elder

Server: Trakanon
    Guild: Soldier (FF7 Reference. Do you have what it takes?)
    (Note: I have a few characters in the guild, from some old project I cannot remember which I will remove after we have some members.)
    Contacts: Aerith (More to come.) Note: Guy playing female character in this instance. (Not hiding it.)
    Voice Chat: TBA
    Web Site / Forum: TBA
    Start date: 11/26/18 (Tentative, However I will remain logged in to add to guild as often as possible.)

Ok so I'm going to use something I already have on Trakanon server to get started. Personally I do not want to use defiant gear but I am not sure if we want to make that a rule or not. I deffinately want to discourage mercs completely as you can easily use mercs to level super fast and it really IMO changes the game. I think people should use the zones they want to use. I love Kunark and velious zones like TOFS for instance. I am unfortunately not a big fan of CR era zones.

The whole point of this thread, this project is to encourage HUMAN interaction. Real adventures, real people.

We should have a voice chat, my internet is not up to hosting so if anyone can help please contact me about it.

Also, I will need officers to help with recruiting into the guild so I don't have to be logged in all the time.

As far as the official start date, depending on how many people show and how fast probably officially Monday of next week. Which I will log on 9 AM EST to begin playing till ? to assist with everything. EDIT: (Obviously if that is too early I will take my after work nap and come back on for the night shift of EverQuest playing.) (I work 3rd shift weekends.)

Edit: On a personal note I am looking forward to grouping in Crushbone / Kurns tower / Tower of Frozen Shadow (That one is good for learning some raiding basics.) Crypt of Dalnir and more places too. especially older ones, early in our leveling.)
  9. Longtooth New Member

Rolled up a Half-Elf ranger named Keldwer on Trakanon. Looking forward to guild invite. **Disclaimer** Those who make ranger-gate jokes often become targets for "stray" arrows. Bwahahah!
  10. Qimh New Member

I made a character too - Livan, gnome enchanter. Happy to re-roll for a class we need more if necessary.
  11. Buri Augur

I don't think it's stupid at all, I applaud you for trying to put it together. I've been very fortunate to be in a great fellowship, so I'm not really available to join you, but I can tell you there's nothing like having friends in this game, it's really what separates EQ from the rest of the pack. Knowing that when you log in, there's gonna be a group for you and you're gonna get something accomplished is what's kept me going all these years. You're on the right track.
  12. flash000 Augur

This is a great idea

Whats the guild start up for this?
  13. Terethian Elder

It's listed up above but i'll repost. Again, I cannot stay logged in all the time especially right now with thanksgiving so bear with me. I need officers!
    Guild: Soldier (FF7 Reference. Do you have what it takes?)
    (Note: I have a few characters in the guild, from some old project I cannot remember which I will remove after we have some members.)
    Contacts: Aerith (More to come.) Note: Guy playing female character in this instance. (Not hiding it.)
    Voice Chat: TBA
    Web Site / Forum: TBA

Start date: 11/26/18 (Tentative, However I will remain logged in to add to guild as often as possible.)
  14. Terethian Elder

my cleric is currently level 12, but i will be making other characters. i know on her i'd like to see a sort of climbing the ladder of gear, starting out small with screaming mace / iksar club / hitting up various older areas for gear. would love to do kael armor and other things. really the world has so much to offer and I want to EARN those pieces of gear and not feel cheap about it.
  15. Canardvc Lorekeeper

Thabata, level 3 SK. On my way through the tutorial, better get this gloomingdeep plate, heh :)
  16. Terethian Elder

I think you messaged me last night but i had gone to bed, sorry about that. Things are going pretty slowly but we do have a few people playing. It's going to be a slow start.

Currently level 30 cleric with all spell stats maxed. We were hoping to get enough people to do a group dungeon crawl of TOFS or similar. It's going slow but I am not giving up just yet.
    Again:

Guild: Soldier

I am finding it hard to enforce tons of rules on people, the #1 is to try to get a people oriented guild and do things together.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Shouldn’t that be “SOLDIER”, sir? :)
  18. Terethian Elder

Maybe they think you have what it takes to join SOLDIER.
  19. Canardvc Lorekeeper

20. Terethian Elder

I usually play 8am EST til mid day, take a break and come back for a bit during the night shift. Depends on the day though.

We have several members but about 4 active people which may not sound like much but it's a start.

I will often be on playing during euro active times.