Looking for relatively new/casual players to fresh start on live with

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by jasonxtk, Nov 9, 2018.

1. jasonxtk New Member

Hey, I'm looking for some chill people to level up with from the beginning on live servers.
    My first experience with EverQuest was the Coirnav progression server back in March, I reached level 38 with a Cleric, and it was starting to reach the point where most groups I joined were toxic and would berate people for simple mistakes, go behind peoples backs to join another group while mid pull, etc. so I stopped playing because I just didn't want to deal with that. Of course, I came back because I missed the traditional game play and the immersion. That's why I'm looking for more laid back people to level up with on live servers. I typically play healer in MMO's, which is why I'm looking for a group to play with to make the level experience more bearable (Playing solo as a healer class is not very fun).
  2. bigpapa Augur

well , what server are you playing at?

and for a healer to solo, ( atm I am boxing several toons ), but soloing as a shaman was not bad at all, and are pretty decent healer at higher levels as well.

try to play a class that you will enjoy thought.

I hope you can find what you are looking for ( some players to group with you ) who is not always easy.

I can't say for other servers , but in FV I can see many times players from different level asking for more ,ect.
  3. Subati New Member

I think the game has changed a lot, I played EQ from almost release until about 9 years ago and remember the long term change in behavior you speak of. Sure there are a few bad apples I bet but everyone seems a lot more chill overall. There are so many zones that so many are yours if you want there is no need to KS or compete for much until the raiding game I guess. All the quests for the good stuff now are on rapid spawn timers and there is not much point in repeatedly camping twink gear with your level 100
  4. select21 Journeyman

I played from 2000-2003. I've just resubbed two accounts to box on because getting groups was impossible. I'm on FV, only lvl20-30's depending on which toons I'm playing. It would be cool to have a new/returning players guild. I can't play at set hours, so it would be hard to get groups anyways, but it would be fun to have a place for us to socialize with those in the same boat.
  5. bigpapa Augur

I see almost everyday in FV , *several guilds looking for more * and any level , new and returning players, ect .
  6. Mexen New Member

I'm on Tunare and recently came back. Would be awesome to have someone to play with or even help find out newbie information.

If you find yourself on this server, shoot me a tell.

-Mexxen
  7. Jules New Member

I am looking for the same thing. I'm on Cazic. Jaladan. Would like to get several nice mature add noobs together to grow with.
    Garcielle likes this.
  8. faetfiada New Member

I am coming from p99 (my account got locked out)... would love to play with a few other people casually in a 'one box' group. I'm cool with whatever class is needed to fill. Would love to play a druid or reroll my ranger. If you're interested lmk !
  9. Tinolien Journeyman

I’m in. Let’s pick a server!
  10. Damezza Augur

I’d join too!
  11. Relainy New Member

Morning! I play on the Vox server and have recently joined a very cool Guild, Guk Off. They are helpful, casual, with lots of banter.
  12. Relainy New Member

Get a hold of me in game, currently play a Ranger, and will help as much as I can and introduce you to the Guild, honestly cool group of peeps, casual, but will also get serious for camping items, quest help, questions.
  13. Canardvc Lorekeeper

You guys chose any server? What timezone do ya all play in ? Euro here.
  14. Damezza Augur

ive heard bristlebane is well populated but id be willing to migrate!
  15. Canardvc Lorekeeper

Yep. FV too but the ruleset is a bit different. Got some plat there To pump things up if ever. Willing To move to roll level 1 anyways. There is a new guild on Trakanon too with a no merc kind of rule (see vet forums). Id gladly play slowly no mercs but well. Anything works as long as its fun
  16. Kosx New Member

hi all did u chose a server yet will be glad to join up too, euro time here too btw.
  17. Canardvc Lorekeeper

There are several options here : Just set up a group, join an already set up guild, create a fellowship. Never experienced the last option but for a casual group (1 or 2 days a week) i'd try that. Can put in as many as 12 characters in a fellowship, you can share your xp between members (~ kind of) and set up campfires others can teleport to when you are 3+ (of the same fellowship) in a zone. Besides, a FS does not prevent you from joining a guild by the way.

As for servers go :
    - Bristlebane seems the most populated regular ruleset, live server
    - Vox, (much) less population but nice people from what I read
    - Trakanon has an already set up guild no mercs oriented (though does not seem to be a hard rule), but it's a ghost town
    - FV is the most (non-TLP) populated server by far (non US peak hours is medium load, only Coirnav has more pop). Has a 50% xp bonus, but have to learn elvish to communicate in /group, /say, etc ... (/general and stuff do not require it). Almost anything is tradable too, so you can buy gear when you have holes in your inventory. I'd vote FV for the xp bonus, tradable items and because I am biaised :D

Can check server population there : https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php.

Just created an ogre named "FellowshipDummy", he's in POK near Randall Of The Fellows. Send a tell, can invite you to the FS.

A general vote for a target server would be welcome though, no need to enforce anything. Let's pick a server and group/guild/fs option ! Looks like you have my vote on fellowship / FV.
  18. Shanarias Augur

Luclin server seems to be fairly well populated by "modern" standards.
    moogs likes this.
  19. Terethian Elder

Just a heads up, Guild Soldier on Trakanon server is accepting members and doing progression old school dungeon crawls and raiding. Mainly family style and just starting out. Working on the cleric epic and helping others with epics.

Send tells to Aerith, Livan, or Blitzkeggar.
  20. Leslie Reid New Member

Anyone on Xegony? I'm just returning after 12 years & have a level 70 shaman, along with some lower level alts (30ish) of various classes. Would love to find some people to run with as I get my bearings back & get caught up with the game & levels.