login

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bezak, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

~15 on xegony half of them are sitting afk at the buff pile..... /boggle
    Brohg likes this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Many changes this late in summer/fall are in anticipation of changes to the game coming from the impending BETA for The Burning Lands. Removing as many items from the "list" so full focus can be placed on making a quality expac is essential - particularly for such a small Dev force. While there may be inconvenience now, knocking out updates to the game outside develpement of TBL makes for a much smoother BETA period. We as players need to remember we are playing a low budget, almost 20 year old game. These guys don't have the resources Blizzard or Square Enix have for their top MMO titles. I'm sure it would be pretty startling to see what the Devs from this game have to deal with to code 20 years of spaghetti. Most developers that have worked on this code haven't worked on EQ for a decade or more. Imagine cleaning up after that all time? I'm sure it isn't pretty...
  3. Warpeace Augur

Those bastards!!! I bet one is shouting any MGB's available?
    Shanarias likes this.
  4. Claan Elder

Unfortunately, I'm inclined to agree with the 95% estimate at this juncture. 1 of 3 accounts able to log in after 2 hours. Two traders in the bazaar on Xegony. This is more than "some"
  5. Claudi Elder

a log-in issue has absolutely nothing to do with the things you mention .....
  6. Herbal_Remedy New Member

7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

What the hell this is suppose to be happening after the patch tomorrow not before :( this is beyond stupid. did the servers come down anyone know? just curious as I got offline traders up lol.

Andarriel
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Some???? lmao
    Claan likes this.
  9. xcitng Augur

Why don't they just take the servers down and fix this freaking mess?
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Are you a developer for EverQuest? You're name doesn't appear to be marked red as an employee. Tell us what you know!
  11. Claan Elder

You, my friend, are a day late and dollar short. Please check your calendar:)
  12. Graves Elder

[IMG]
    Herf likes this.
  13. Claudi Elder

If you need to know I was responsible for the Austrian Counterstrike server ....... not the same Thing I agree - but logging in has not changed that much and I am still a teacher for online game developers in Austria .....
  14. Febb Augur

I think Daybreak needs to invest in log in servers that queue if it can't handle everyone logging in at once.
    Claan likes this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

probably the only people that are able to log on are the ones with ftp accounts.

Andarriel
  16. villyam New Member

on FV 41 in general chat right now
  17. Herbal_Remedy New Member

18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm sure you don't teach your students to only read the information they want to read, then. My other reply was to "why patch if it breaks the game?". I gave a pretty thorough answer to that. You don't stop performing maintentence or developer fixes to a game just because you may have an issue with log in servers after.
  19. Roxxors Lorekeeper

This smells to me like a configuration issue rather then a code or hardware issue.
  20. Tazzeraid Journeyman

Seriously, what is wrong with your team?

Many of us have been playing this game for years and years, but this last delay for login is absolutley ridiculous! Fact is you KNEW you had this issue with this patch EIGHT DAYS ago and you cancelled/postponed the patch. So what? you didn't bother fixing YOUR ERROR and went ahead with said patch anyway? That is very poor customer service.
    In the past 12 months, we have lost at least 12 days of playtime that we have all paid for. Now add in the fustration ratio to the matter and I believe Daybreak owes each gold member at least ONE MONTH reimburesent to his/her accounts. Get your crap straight or find another line of work.
    Andarriel likes this.