Level 70 (XI) potions impossible to create on progression?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Nekromancy Elder

All or nothing on potions. If you get rid of these, you need to get rid of the daybreak store potions. It makes no sense how one of them isn't classic and the other is.
  2. Laphi New Member

It does seem like a petty thing to bring up that potions should be removed because they make things easier than they were when the game first launched. As mentioned already by a few people throughout this thread, there are more than just potion balance issues. "It is not classic" is ignorant for TLP servers. If you do not like how "easy" you think it makes it than why are you playing?

The potions make it so things take less time. I do not have to know an enchanter so I can go out and solo if I want to and not have to wait 10 minutes to med after a few kills. Healing potions make it so people can play more of the classes they want more so than classes that would be required because they are not depending upon them as much. You still need healers it just takes some of the stress off of them in a variety of ways.

Everquest is not a hard game. It just takes a fair amount of time and the potions help alleviate that issue, especially on servers that are not stuck in a certain era for very long, and allows for a lot more of the guilds, that may lack healers, to kill stuff as well. I do not know if removing these will hurt the overall TLP servers health but it is fun to log on and be able to kill things and not always have to wait and hope another shaman, druid or cleric log on.

I have an idea though to fix this issue. How about create a poll for the players who play on those servers to vote in game? Let the players decide this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

As a raid geared rogue these potions are the only reason I can reliably solo light blue con mobs without a healer babysitting me.

I'd like to continue being able to actually do content outside of a group on occasion, thanks.
    Genoane and Silentchaos like this.
  4. Rovell Elder

5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Sounds like you should've rolled literally any class other than a rogue if you wanted to do that. Or play on a server with Mercenaries. Or just wait until DoN in like 2 months and buy them off vendors on Phinigel.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sounds like you have some Agenda against potions and fun.
    Renshu likes this.
  7. Tserothen Journeyman

did a potion touch you in your nono spot?
  8. Eratani New Member

+1 to this video's underlying theme.