Level 100 heroic characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Meth, Jan 20, 2022.

1. MacDubh TABLES!!!

At this point it is completely unrealistic to fix bugs that are 6+ months old (looking at you merc weapons and see invis mobs).

What is worth a devs time in the current state of the game is a mystery to anyone (I am assuming devs included) so I don't know why it is a frequent comment on player suggestions.

Not sure why starting a character levels 50-70 with a full set of spells and defiant gear would be a massive time sink but I am not a developer so my speculation is meaningless.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I cannot find the post, but I seem to recall Ngreth mentioning itemization being the lion's share of the time commitment.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I thought it was mostly the UI, hotkeys, tutorial areas, and other basic elements that was the difficult part. This is an aspect that I would like to see them really reach out to players for feedback.

Itemization should just be simple All/All for nearly everything other than visible slots. I don't know why they bother making additional variations of items with nearly identical stats.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Itemization time is why a lot of us are suggesting current item sets be used, instead of re inventing items for the same thing.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Imagine the economic destruction of heroics having tradeable gear. FV would never be able to recover...
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Celephane Augur

That would be input, not output
  7. Tucoh Augur

Which is ridiculous since nobody wants a unique set of gear. Just spawn them all with TBM gear + STA/sturdy augs and Into the Temple B completed and call it a day. I know you're talking about the concept of low-level heroic characters (which is a terrible idea), but if the level 100 heroics come out with weeks of designer time spent creating new armor sets it'll be depressing.
    Hobitses, Fenthen, CrazyLarth and 3 others like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would only work for players who knew what to get and it would cause issues for those who did not that ended up making bad choices.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pretty odd to say itemisation is such a big issue when they already do the gear template work for Beta-Buff characters each expansion phase.

Surely they realise they actually do that.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While they do make templates for each beta they don't have to put as much thought into those templates as the heroics. The beta buff toons are free, on a server with no lasting impact and they come with items that you can purchase other gear for free and switch up what you have.
  11. Captain Video Augur

This is how I expect them to approach it. The problem at any other level besides 100, lower or higher, is that there is no clearly defined point of class equalization. The moment they pick an itemized armor set for each class, whether newly created items or out of existing gear, the player arguments will rage that class A is suddenly OP, class B has been hugely nerfed, etc etc. Resolving those disputes before going live with anything is where the time sink is. No way are they going to do that for 10 different starting levels.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Burdi Augur

It is amazing to read how so much folks here feels entitled to comment on DP workload and priorities.
    To be honest DP workload and priorities are a very mysterious to me.
    Coagagin likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Lot to unpack here, but are you constantly amazed and bewildered by mundane things?
    Act of Valor likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

There is a common denominator here... what ever is the least amount of effort...
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Maybe I missed it, but I do not think that they have explicitly said that they were straight up replacing the 85 HC option with a level 100 HC option. I kind of lean towards the idea of them having both options.

With regard specifically to the TDS items in the marketplace, specifically the standard items and additional item bundles. They are not the collector's edition bonuses.
    Itemization being the lion's share of the time commitment. makes sense for 85+ HC, but below level 80, it doesn't. The itemization is simple. Give them the best Defiant gear that they can wear, done. This goes for shrouds of actual Character Classes as well.
    The UI and tutorials would be mostly the same as the level 85. Honestly, the hotkeys just need to be basic for 50. Level 60-80 are not that much more. Give an overview of how to make hotkeys and write socials using the /disc and /alt commands. At most make the tasks generic that anyone can do and expand the tutorial guys in PoK, there are tons of players who don't know how to use commands and make socials or the like. The UI they just shouldn't do anything special with it for the HCs. Let the person set theirs up as they see fit.

As I stated, there should not be All/All items used, it should just be the existing Defiant armors for anything below level 80. I would say the highest req level that the toon can wear, but if you want to put them on Progression, then it probably should be whatever set has the rec level the closest to the toons actual level; or perhaps have the rec level be determined by whatever the level cap would be when that level of HC would be unlocked on a progression server. So if level 50 unlock when PoP unlocks, then have it be the rec level 57 gear that the level 50 starts with and so on; so that they will have reason to use the PoP gear.
    The gear that would be on these theoretical level 80 and below HCs should be Defiant gear. So I don't see any server's economy being effected in the slightest.
  16. Loup Garou De loop de loop

They are the collector items which came with the original TDS release - they left out the Heroic character but everything else is the same and this is what you get
    • Contract of the Arc Worker – Activate this contract to hire your very own Arc Worker mercenaries.
    • The Wayward Lady – Your very own house ready for the high seas.
    • Battle Cat Statuette – Choose your favorite of 3 Battle Cat Mounts!
    • Brother Island Parrot Whistle – Hold on! This whistle will call a VERY large parrot to transport you to Brother Island.
    The other 4 paintings, the contract and totem are in the standard item version just like original also
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Heroic Character is not an item. The names of the bundles are The Darkened Sea Standard Item Bundle and the Darkened Sea Additional Item Bundle. The point of my post was that the person that I quoted was asking for HC to be added. I said that they went out of their way to make it clear that this was not the Collector's Edition bonuses that were being sold, by Darkpaw naming the bundles as they did.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

No, the solution in your mind has these pitfalls and you cannot understand that your idea is not the only one so you constantly shoot down ideas.

Stop shooting down valid ideas or thought experiments unless you are going to contribute to this discussion. This might fix how insufferable people find you.

Contribution - Literally just pick a relevant tier of gear for the level. Level 110 heroic? Full set conflagrant or snowbound or whatever the tbl set was called.
    Act of Valor, Hobitses and Skuz like this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What are you talking about? You expect everyone who buys a heroic toon to understand what choices they should be making when picking out gear? There is a good reason that they come with gear already setup.

Also not every idea suggested on these forums is a valid idea and one that will work for all players.
    Kaenneth, Nennius and Zunnoab like this.
  20. Necreta New Member

Wondertwin powers...activate already :/ week 1 of September almost over and no news